• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Young Turks

Yadon

For those who don't know they consider themselves liberals and present commentary on a large number of current events. They typically post several new videos every day.

The Young Turks - YouTube

I feel that the owner is ironically more detrimental to the quality of the show more than he isn't due to his attitude about things (he seems slightly immature at times), but otherwise I like the commentary of the members of TYT.

How does everyone else feel about them?

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I mostly agree with your take. It's an interesting source of news and views, but the owner is sometimes a bit immature. I do think he's a genuine progressive, though. Not one of those Eisenhower conservatives that pass for progressives in the mainstream media.

Yadon

I mostly agree with your take. It's an interesting source of news and views, but the owner is sometimes a bit immature. I do think he's a genuine progressive, though. Not one of those Eisenhower conservatives that pass for progressives in the mainstream media.

I had not meant to suppose they were not liberals, but they are self-labeled. I will edit my post to make that more clear.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة

I have always viewed this as a strong point honestly, considering the nature of most news sources I find that immaturity is a startling yet refreshing appeal to a broadcasting agency involving news media. Perhaps I am giving Cenk too much credit though :D

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think they're alright.

The only time I see a clip of that show is when this guy at work that loves politics calls me over to his desk to watch something, so he laughs out loud while we watch the clip together even though he saw it already, and I nod and say that it was a good clip.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I think they're alright.

The only time I see a clip of that show is when this guy at work that loves politics calls me over to his desk to watch something, so he laughs out loud while we watch the clip together even though he saw it already, and I nod and say that it was a good clip.

That's my take on TYT. I can usually get some decent info from them but they make me laugh once in a while. They remind me of something you'd see on public access TV....:p

Yadon

I kinda dislike how most of their stuff is copy-pastes. It's more commentary than anything, and being objective, while I love them, sometimes they get stuff wrong and they are best to watch as supplemental to stories they are talking about that you already read on. Those are the best experiences watching it imo.

EyeofOdin

Young Turks as in young Turkish people?

Gotta check it out when I get back home!

I think that it has a double meaning. "The young turks" both referring to the founder of the show, Cenk Uygur (probably spelled is last name wrong) who's from Turkey and the idea of a "Young Turk" who's someone that is either a progressive or someone who rebels against authority or society expectations.

Yadon

I think that it has a double meaning. "The young turks" both referring to the founder of the show, Cenk Uygur (probably spelled is last name wrong) who's from Turkey and the idea of a "Young Turk" who's someone that is either a progressive or someone who rebels against authority or society expectations.

Ya, actually that is my understanding of why he chose the name :p actually him and his brother or someone did some broadcast with the same name from way back if I recall correctly, so he got the name from there. Don't quote me on that I'm just vaguely recalling what I read on wikipedia.