• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The wrath of God

Remté

What is selfish? Wanting only the best for my kids or wanting to eat something nice?

No need for selfish thoughts, just get on with life
Wanting the best for your kids is not bad, but I've ever only heard selfish people say it. Wonder why..

Remté

No, i am asking a question.

That incidentally has not been answered but has posed counter questions as a way to avoid the question
Because those who believe in God know a different God from what you imagine. Your question sounds similar to "how surprised is a rock when it finds a snail on top of it?"

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Wanting the best for your kids is not bad, but I've ever only heard selfish people say it. Wonder why..

So you are not a mother? (Of almost any species)

I wonder why?

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Because those who believe in God know a different God from what you imagine. Your question sounds similar to "how surprised is a rock when it finds a snail on top of it?"

So you build excuses and firewalls to guards your belief.

And now you compare your god to a rock. Sheesh, of all the strawmen i have seen on here that must count as on of the dryest stalks of grain ever.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
You must have or you wouldn't know that you dont.
Yes I've heard of Pretoria too. But other than that, I have no knowledge, other than it's a city in South Africa. I figured you meant some actual knowledge. My 'knowledge' is that it's a fictional character.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

You’re making up counterpoints as you’re going along. If they’re UPG (Unverified Personal Gnosis) and MUS (Made Up Stuff) that’s fine. But afaik there’s nothing in scripture or gospel canon to support your contentions.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Why do you presume they have no knowledge? If they truly have no knowledge they cannot even testify they have no knowledge.

Did Cro-Magnon man have any knowledge of your God? How would they? Are they in hell?

Your second sentence makes less than no sense.

InChrist

Free4ever
You’re making up counterpoints as you’re going along. If they’re UPG (Unverified Personal Gnosis) and MUS (Made Up Stuff) that’s fine. But afaik there’s nothing in scripture or gospel canon to support your contentions.
Which contentions would you like to see scriptural support for?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Which contentions would you like to see scriptural support for?

Any of them. Let's start with "I created everything, so I can destroy it". Then we can move on to where God says humans don't have the capacity to decide what's moral.