• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THE WORST IS YET TO COME...

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
That was a very short video. He sounded like a charismatic Christian preacher! It was so similar!

I think that the worst is behind us in some ways. For instance I think that the potential for the standard of living for everyone is increasing. I'm not claiming that everyone has a better standard of living but that in the past there was no way anybody could have lived like we do today. Even kings did not have our way of life, our foods, our abilities and transportation. They were poppers compared to 60% of modern people. Things have gotten so much better.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That was a very short video. He sounded like a charismatic Christian preacher! It was so similar!

I think that the worst is behind us in some ways. For instance I think that the potential for the standard of living for everyone is increasing. I'm not claiming that everyone has a better standard of living but that in the past there was no way anybody could have lived like we do today. Even kings did not have our way of life, our foods, our abilities and transportation. They were poppers compared to 60% of modern people. Things have gotten so much better.
The amount of utter poverty has gone down tremendously. Today's wars are much less destructive than 50 years ago. And in other ways, mostly quiet and subtle, things are getting better.

If I were a Christian, I'd be happy that the "day of the Lord" is being born "as a thief in the night".

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I never understood how any one with a modicum of intelligence could listen to a misogynistic, homophobic, anti-Semitic, racist blowhard such as this. Plus he should lose the bowtie.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
What are we suppose to be debating here, or is this just proselytizing?
Can anyone actually be bothered working up a debate about something that Farrakhan says? It's hardly worth the bother.

Just checked Wiki and this did make my jaw drop. <Source>
Wiki said:
In 1977, Louis Farrakhan rejected Warith Deen Mohammed's leadership and re-established the Nation of Islam on the original model. He took over the Nation of Islam's headquarters Temple, Mosque Maryam (Mosque #2) in Chicago, Illinois. Since 2010, under Farrakhan, members have been strongly encouraged to study Dianetics, and the Nation claims it has trained 1055 auditors.[12]
Dianetics (read... Scientology)... LOL.... it doesn't get much more lunatic fringe that this kumquat.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I find “the worst is yet to come” to be too imprecise and vague a statement to be tested against, but agree with the wisdom of choosing correct actions.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

I am a long term optimist, but I consider this view too optimistic. At present the hostility between religions, the peak of the combined economic/political/environmental crisis has not been reached.

More to follow . . .

Last edited: