• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The world is perfect just the way it is

dfnj

There's nothing wrong with the world. The world is perfect just the way it is. Whatever it is you do not like about the world, you do not like it because you only criticize and hate in others what you do not like about your own character. Love is the answer to all the world's problems. But first you have to start by looking in the mirror. Only after you can appreciate and love yourself will you have the capacity to appreciate and love others. Once you get past yourself you will be able to see brilliance in other people. And then you experience the world as the greatest possible place to be in. Treating other people as sacred in the eyes of God means you are sacred in the eyes of God. To get what you want you have to want what you have.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
There's nothing wrong with the world. The world is perfect just the way it is. Whatever it is you do not like about the world, you do not like it because you only criticize and hate in others what you do not like about your own character. Love is the answer to all the world's problems. But first you have to start by looking in the mirror. Only after you can appreciate and love yourself will you have the capacity to appreciate and love others. Once you get past yourself you will be able to see brilliance in other people. And then you experience the world as the greatest possible place to be in. Treating other people as sacred in the eyes of God means you are sacred in the eyes of God. To get what you want you have to want what you have.
This is very insightful and well written thank you.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
There's nothing wrong with the world. The world is perfect just the way it is. Whatever it is you do not like about the world, you do not like it because you only criticize and hate in others what you do not like about your own character.

So we're good with those who mentally, physically, and emotionally abuse others then?

Koldo

Outstanding Member

What world's problems ?
If the world is perfect, how can there be problems ? o_O

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

A perfect world with with childhood leukemia and other cancers. With rapists and murderers, with volcanoes and earthquakes.

Not, not perfect and humanity is not helping matters.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Thank you, great post. Exactly how my Master phrased it. This is how Avatars and enlightened beings experience the world. I am not there yet.

Child rape comes to mind.
That is our problem still "things coming into our mind". The above is only experienced by enlightened beings, who only see good/Love

So we're good with those who mentally, physically, and emotionally abuse others then?
My Master was said to be a Poorna Avatar. He spoke above words exactly like this. Once he told me personally "I am God, you are God ... only you don't realize it yet ... that is the goal in your life". So He made sure I know my place. So although I love the above quote, I personally won't normally say this to others because I found out it is best to only share what I realized myself.

Once My Master told me in a dream to NOT come to His Ashram. I thought "what the heck, this is just a dream .... hell no, a nightmare". I went inside His Ashram and in front of 20.000 people He singled me out and started yelling at me so loud I never heard before. He acted as if He was very mad at me. Even 3 weeks later people came to me asking "My God what did you do wrong, why did He yell at you so much?".

Good thing about this experience is, that I know first hand that it is perfectly fine to get very angry when people "act wrong", like in your question. Even if you are enlightened. Or from personal experience I now know that especially the enlightened ones can get very mad. But if you say sorry, please forgive me ... it's forgiven in a milli second also. There I learned to say sorry + don't cross borders (even when told so in a dream).
[Hence I am so keen on following RF rules also;); not because MODs get mad, more that My Master gets mad. MODs getting mad are angels compared to My Master getting mad]

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
That is our problem still "things coming into our mind". The above is only experienced by enlightened beings, who only see good/Love

So "enlightened beings" are cool with child rape. Good to know.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
My Master was said to be a Poorna Avatar. He spoke above words exactly like this. Once he told me personally "I am God, you are God ... only you don't realize it yet ... that is the goal in your life". So He made sure I know my place. So although I love the above quote, I personally won't normally say this to others because I found out it is best to only share what I realized myself.

Once My Master told me in a dream to NOT come to His Ashram. I thought "what the heck, this is just a dream .... hell no, a nightmare". I went inside His Ashram and in front of 20.000 people He singled me out and started yelling at me so loud I never heard before. He acted as if He was very mad at me. Even 3 weeks later people came to me asking "My God what did you do wrong, why did He yell at you so much?".

Good thing about this experience is, that I know first hand that it is perfectly fine to get very angry when people "act wrong", like in your question. Even if you are enlightened. Or from personal experience I now know that especially the enlightened ones can get very mad. But if you say sorry, please forgive me ... it's forgiven in a milli second also. There I learned to say sorry + don't cross borders (even when told so in a dream).
[Hence I am so keen on following RF rules also;); not because MODs get mad, more that My Master gets mad. MODs getting mad are angels compared to My Master getting mad]

In my experience, anger is a product of ego and little to nothing productive comes of it. Perhaps your master may not be as enlightened as you may think.

I'm not understanding what was intended to be taught by your master from this experience. Was it ever explained to you (other than your conclusion of "don't cross borders)? If so, what was the intended lesson?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
There are a lot of things wrong with the world. Climate change, destruction of nature, increasing inequality, violence and bigotry of many forms....Caring for the world is different from just closing one's eyes and saying its perfect ya'know.

stvdv

Sorry about that. Could you explain what you meant, please?

Once My Master placed His hand on my head for like 5 minutes in an interview. Afterwards my mind was gone. I was in India, all beggars around. Even beggars without hands and feet but this time I did not see them like normally. I could only see love. That was a gift of my guru. Lasted quite long but finally it was gone.

Real enlightened beings, I think now, because of this experience, must be in such a state all day, 24/7. Then you only see Love. You do not read newspapers and focus on negativity. That is what I meant.

Of course sometimes they come down to our level, like I explained under @SalixIncendium (in same reply as to you) and they can "act" like they are very angry when you behave "bad". But still the real enlightened being would not be "mad", just acting because it's appropriate to do so.

So they do not condone "bad" acts, but they also do not condemn the person. And they do not identify with the anger they "act out" on others.

An example: Once 2 blind persons were invited into the interview room (with My Master). One came out and could see again. The other still blind. Now all people were upset with My Master. Why He did not cure both, how mean. Lateron the one still blind explained that My Master told him that in a previous life he blinded the other person, this karma has to be worked out. My Master could cure him also now, but then he would have to be born again, and blind again. He choose to stay blind.

Another example: I met a man in the ashram who was very verbally violent. All others would have been expelled 100 times. So I asked security one day "why this man gets away with such horrible behavior?". The security man told me "Sai Baba gave instructions that this man is under His protection, he is off limits". 1 year later I spoke to this Aussie and he told me that when he was just born his mother threw him on the street. A man took him in, but beat him every day. Understandably this man had so much anger in him. Sai Baba knew this of course, hence He allowed him to work it out while being in the ashram. 3 years later lots of his anger was gone.

It's all perspective. We only see very limited. Enlightened persons can see much more. After I heard his story I never judged his behavior again.

Masters live in a totally different dimension. We can not understand at all. My Master said about this "I only see Love, it's you that see differences and are judging. It's just what kind of glasses you wear; glasses of Love or glasses of ....".

I hope that makes a little more sense and otherwise only one solution left "pray to God to grant you this experience because you really need to know". Even if it makes sense, it won't hurt to ask this.

stvdv

In my experience, anger is a product of ego and little to nothing productive comes of it. Perhaps your master may not be as enlightened as you may think.

I'm not understanding what was intended to be taught by your master from this experience. Was it ever explained to you (other than your conclusion of "don't cross borders)? If so, what was the intended lesson?

You misread something. I wrote "He acted as if he was very mad at me" .... the moment I said sorry (mentally I did) He was all nice again to me.

So many lessons I learned from this.
1: When My Master comes in a dream it is real, no illusion
2: If someone tells me STOP I should just STOP. No need to think what I feel. It's His Ashram, so I should obey His rules.
3: My Master acts angry, but He is not angry, He Loves me even while acting angry.
4: It's okay to act out angry. Before that I never acted angry at others (as far as I can remember). I kept all my anger inside
5: It's okay to put boundaries. I always let others cross my boundaries. "No" was not part of my dictionary at that time.

These were just a few of the lessons I learned.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
There's nothing wrong with the world. The world is perfect just the way it is. Whatever it is you do not like about the world, you do not like it because you only criticize and hate in others what you do not like about your own character.

True. There is nothing wrong with the world. Things happen in and of itself. This is playing the victim. It's the "sinful nature" idea. No one has a sinful nature. So, we can either see ourselves as victims or help ourselves and others with the positives. Saying we are beautiful and non sinful beings. Help people see god. Help people live Dharma. Help people with charity. No strings attached. Help is help.

Some people don't help others because they feel the others sin is akin to murder. How can you help people if you ready put fault on them and oneself. Maybe see it another way. There is nothing wrong with us. When we live to improve ourselves and help others we fall into victim mentality.

Love is the answer to all the world's problems. But first you have to start by looking in the mirror. Only after you can appreciate and love yourself will you have the capacity to appreciate and love others. Once you get past yourself you will be able to see brilliance in other people. And then you experience the world as the greatest possible place to be

We can help others look in the mirror. Fact but also same message. There is a condition I have called face blindness. It's when you, well, can't recognize the intonations of a person's face. So when you see them you can't recognize them. Usually you have cues like body posture and gestures but not always. Some people have it so bad they cannot see themselves in the mirror.

So, it's not just looking in the mirror at ourselves. We can't all see ourselves in that form. Maybe develop other strategies that people can see themselves.

In other words, no one solution to help oneself and others. No "changing poison to medicine" as says SGI. Nothing like that. I believe in Dharma. You believe in god. Don't help me with god. I wont help you with Dharma. If you can't see in the mirror, I'll give you another method closer to how you see the world.

Treating other people as sacred in the eyes of God means you are sacred in the eyes of God. To get what you want you have to want what you have.

There is something wrong in the world when we see ourselves as a victim of character and have a sinful nature. If she see things positive and help people and self in our own ways and support people we continue to live until we die. But as long as we don't support others cause we believe they are murderers or can't help their sins, it's a problem.

Change your perspective.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Whilst I like optimism as much as the next person, this is complete twaddle.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
The idea of perfection which I’m sure everyone here is aware of is subjective. With that being said one person’s perfect world is another person’s chaos. This planet is what it is from the geocentric position of all who exist on it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This to me is a very subtle and tricky area. And I'm far from being able to hold this perspective.

But masters see the 'why' of things as has been noted. They see the world as love but still act in the world. The world is perfect yet they may feed and clothe the destitute. The phrase that comes to mind is "total involvement without attachment".

They see the world as perfect and imperfect at one and the same time. I had one tell me that the opposites are the product of the intellect and the goal is to see beyond the polarities.

And from my limited understanding, it can be helpful to focus on one such as "the world is perfect" to balance "the world is imperfect".