• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Workplace....Have You Ever Been Assaulted?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I found this in the news this morning.....
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/01/2...e-suspended-from-uber-after-attacking-driver/
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A case of bad behavior has ended up as a viral video. A South Florida doctor was caught on camera physically and verbally attacking an Uber driver in the heart of Brickell.
It reminds me that I've been attacked & threatened by a few of my tenants.
One actually resulted in wrestling match when a commercial tenant attacked me.

Anyone else ever have the customer from Hell?

Btw, I carried a concealed handgun at the time, but thought it was best to keep it hidden & holstered, instead physically subduing the guy. (I was younger & dumber, but it worked out well.)

Ralphg

Does, the earth is my workplace and knowing someone is carrying a concealed handgun count for (emotional) assault?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When working the Emergency Room I get screamed at regularly, and need to physically restrain patients frequently, but am actually attacked only rarely.
Luckily we're well staffed with nurses, emergency medical technicians and security personnel, who know the drill. Physical and chemical restraints usually take care of the problem.

rocala

I once worked in a fast food place. One evening two guys who had a bit too much to drink started to interfere with the girl who was emptying the litter bin. I went to try and sort things out but one of them rammed his head into my elbow. They then moved away a considerable distance and uttered threats. It's tough in fast food

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Does it count that many years ago I was a security person in a hospital that had a mental health and detox unit...and in 3 months had 60 confrontations while on the job.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Yes.
Did any of them survive?

All of them.....that's my story...and I'm sticking to it.

You just have not lived until a bleeding, IV drug using, Heroin addict comes at you and you have not had time to put on any gloves...... or a self professed CIA killer..... or a Pro Wrestler...gets me all sorts of misty and nostalgic for the bad old days