• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Words of Jesus.

rrobs

You accused me of strawmanning here.

I have not said anyone is culpable, I said your religion was and your objective morality obtained from your bible. So far you have not made any rebuttal other than "they were not Christians" and look what he did.
I didn't take you to mean I was culpable of anything, so I'm not defending myself here, nor do you need to defend yourself. Neither of us have committed mass murder.

All I'm trying to say here is that one member of a group doing something bad does not reflect the actions of all members in that group. I'm also trying to point out that calling oneself something (Christian, Atheist, Buddhist, whatever), does not necessarily mean they follow the beliefs of that group. Action, not words, are what matters. The Crusaders may have called themselves Christians, and maybe they were, but there actions were diametrically opposed to what Jesus said. Likewise, I don't think murder is part of the Atheistic doctrine, but some Atheists do commit murder. It's on that person, not their professed doctrine or the entire group of which he/she is a member.