• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Word became Flesh

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Is that why we are all gods, or logoi?

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
It depends on your definition of "gods" as it has many applications including one who exercises authority

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel

If you believe in the name [onoma=authority] of Jesus... and keep the commandments that the Father gave Jesus to teach to His Disciples [who already belonged to the Father through keeping His Commandments]... then you will become sons of the Father, too... just as the Disciples were.

In Genesis, when God tells us that the sons of God had children with the daughters of men... it means that the men who believed God had children with females who didn't believe God. It's obviously not literal sons of God, in either case, because your quotation says Jesus is the only begotten of the Father. Sons of god, or sons being called gods... seems to be a position of authority. It's not the same thing as being a natural-born god, because that would be pantheism.

Last edited:

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Just another polytheistic idea.. Are you polytheistic or monotheistic? One God, or many gods?

Notaclue

Gal.4:18 But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you.

19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

1Cor.4:14 I (Paul) write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.

15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Phil.1:10 I beseech thee for my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten in my bonds:

1Jn.2:1 My (John) little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

When was Jesus born from the dead?....Col.1:18 +Rev.1:5.

Peace.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

I find there is a BIG difference between we are all gods and being a ' son of God '.
Jesus himself believed himself to be a Son of God as per John 10:36.
So, those whom God draws to heavenly life are Jesus' brothers ' - Matthew 25:40.
Jesus being Son of God and his God and Father ' adopting ' some from Earth are Jesus' 'brothers'.
Whereas, the majority of mankind are called to become part of the humble meek to inherit (Not Heaven) but Earth.
So, starting with the soon coming ' time of separation ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 it is Jesus' brothers of verse 40 who are called to heavenly life with Jesus.
The humble ' sheep'-like people can remain alive on Earth and continue to live on Earth forever starting with calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth (A.A.) - Meaning: After Armageddon.
Jesus will fulfill God's Genesis promise to father Abraham that ALL families of Earth will be blessed, and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed.
Blessed with the benefit of healing for earth's nations as mentioned at Revelation 22:2.
That is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come !
"Come" so that Earth will be as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
demi-gods?
Psalm 82:6
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children(elohim) of the most High.
John 10:34
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
I said, "You are angelic creatures, and all of you are angels of the Most High."

I find Not demi-gods but 'god's (Psalms 82:1) as in being human judges being judges.
Those men were to use God's written Judgement to judge what was right or wrong in God's eyes.
Those ' judges ' were in the capacity of or representing God as his spokesmen.
Please notice Exodus 4:16; Exodus 7:1 any comments ______

Mindmaster

Premium Member

I sort of illustrated exactly the nature of that information in a previous post here: When Jesus Was Dead Was God Dead Too?

Those Psalms and passages in John outline specifically the area of contention and also confirm your initial statement. However, that doesn't line up exactly with popular Christian understandings or they'd have nothing to sell you. :D

allfoak

Alchemist
We are extensions of source energy.
While we have everything we need to become what we are destined to become, we have a long way to go.
We havnt even figured out how to converse with our source and we somehow think we are gods.:)

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
So.. polytheistic, panentheistic pantheism..

being omnipresent would imply them obviously.

the name at exodus 3:14 implies as much.

jesus implies as much when he said, "what ever you do unto the least of these, you do unto jesus"

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.

jesus implies as much when he said, "what ever you do unto the least of these, you do unto jesus"

That's cool. Panentheism and pantheism, I agree with. They're Biblical ideas. Polytheism is also Biblical, but I would argue contrary to what is deducible and observable.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I sort of illustrated exactly the nature of that information in a previous post here: When Jesus Was Dead Was God Dead Too?
Those Psalms and passages in John outline specifically the area of contention and also confirm your initial statement. However, that doesn't line up exactly with popular Christian understandings or they'd have nothing to sell you. :D

I wonder if it is with ' popular Christian understandings ' or ' popular so-called Christian understandings '
After the first century ended an apostasy set in creating what is commonly called Christendom (apostate Christianity)
That is why Christians were forewarned about the coming of such false teachings at Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30.
Passages in John such as John 11:11-14 show that Jesus believed the dead are in a sleep-like state.
That sleep teaching is in harmony with Psalms 6:5; Psalms 13:3; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4 and Ecclesiastes 9:5.
So, since God is 'from everlasting to everlasting' as per Psalms 90:2 then God can Not die.
Also, Scripture teaches that Jesus did Not resurrect himself, but his God resurrected Jesus according to:
-> Acts of the Apostles 2:24,32; 3:15; 5:30; 10:40; 13:30,37; Romans 4:24; Colossians 2:12
This information is Not selling anything, but teaching about the resurrection hope for free.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

I don't see any name at Exodus 3:14 but that God is the Being (I AM)
I do see God's name at Exodus 6:3 KJV where the Tetragrammaton appears (YHWH)
Instead of omnipresent I find God has a specific home location as mentioned at 1 Kings 8:39; 1 Kings 8:49.

The figurative 'sheep' of Matthew 25:31-33,37 are Not the same as Jesus' brothers of Matthew 25:40.
So, whatever the figurative 'sheep or goats' do to Jesus' spiritual ' brothers ' is as if doing to Jesus.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
We are extensions of source energy.
While we have everything we need to become what we are destined to become, we have a long way to go.
We haven't even figured out how to converse with our source and we somehow think we are gods.:)

I find Jesus figured out and also taught how to converse with our Source ( his Source ) at Matthew 6:9-10.
Jesus said we are to address our Source by praying to Our Father in Heaven ...... in Jesus' name.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
After the first century ended an apostasy set in creating what is commonly called Christendom (apostate Christianity)
That is why Christians were forewarned about the coming of such false teachings...

If the teachings are false why are they in the Bible, since that's where I got them? :D

Call me amused.. :D

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If the teachings are false why are they in the Bible, since that's where I got them? :D
Call me amused.. :D

I am wondering which ' false teachings ' you have in mind.
To me, the 'immortal soul' is Not a Bible teaching but is a false teaching taught by false clergy.
The Bible shows the soul is ' mortal ' and subject to death.
For example: Adam became ( Not had, Not possessed ) a soul, so Adam was a soul.
At death Adam became a dead soul or a life-less soul returning to where he started the ground as per Genesis 3:19.
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before.
Adam sinned, and as Ezekiel 18:4,20 says the soul that sins dies.
Even gospel writer Luke wrote at Acts of the Apostles 3:23 that the soul can be destroyed.