• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The woman who would be President

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Aida Korman, a Bosnian Muslim fashion designer, was nominated as a candidate in Bosnia and Herzegovina's October federal elections. She was nominated to run for the position of President representing the Party for Bosnia and Herzegovina and, unlike dozens of Bosnian Muslim celebrities elected each year, she has accepted the offer.

2rh0bqh.jpg

Aida Korman

Aida Korman was born in Sarajevo in 1974 and, since that time, has become one of the most famous fashion designers in southeast Europe with fashion houses in Rome, Milan, Ljubljana, Zagreb, and Sarajevo.

Her fashions have always been a relfection of Islamic culture in Bosnia and Herzegovina. She takes traditional elements of Bosnian Muslim fashion and creates from this single object, this single inspiration, an entire fashion line that mirrors the styles and methods of clothing of Bosnia past.

Here is a little peek at some of her designs...

42nocut.jpg

4h1vodx.jpg

2r6fct0.jpg

Aida's open letter to the press:

“This is a unique opportunity for me to give more and to make more for the fashion and textile industry in my country.

I hope that in this way my contacts abroad will return more useful. My work has always been politically consciousness.

Through my collections I have talked about history of Bosnia and Herzegovina. For example I have recalled the history of the medieval Bosnia in Rome and Sicily. Or in Belgrade where I have presented collection Ad Modum Bosniesem in the MTV Europe‘s campaign against human trafficking.

I have spoken about traditions, craftsmanship and tourism in Bosnia and Herzegovina for the newspapers and journals in Prague and United States.

The collection Bread and Circuses has told you about the aggression on Bosnia and Herzegovina and the life before it, involving the civil victims of the war in this project.

Primavera 1426 has talked about people’s traditions, customs and ceremonial rituals from the Mediterranean countries pointing at their similarities and differences, such as between Bosnia and Herzegovina and our neighbours.

My vision of fashion is also my vision of politics, reflects the multicultural identity of Bosnia and Herzegovina, its variations and diversities and my respect of all of these cultures.”

Aida Korman for President!

Random

If I voted, which I don't, I'd vote for her...um, if I were Bosnian too...which I'm not...nevermind. Go Aida! :jam: