• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wind Is Changing...

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
My signature was written before this and explains the same situation that this poem speaks of. The situation of having to hide who I am as a non-binary person. My foster parent has realized that I can not change my gender and is trying to understand now. So I wrote this:
Title: The Wind is Changing
I see change is coming...
I have hope it'll go well,
But inside I feel fear and uncertainty,
Will I be who I am?
Or will I be forced to hide?
God, I hold onto.
May The Inward Light guide me,
And one thing I know:
I would rather lose my breath,
Then hide again.
I will not, I can not,
And you will not make me.
For my religion says you must have integrity,
And how can one who lies do so?
I will not betray my beliefs.

VoidCat

Amen.

And amen.
I hope I will not get into any trouble. I hope there really is change starting in my foster parent . If not then I am in for some trouble. Everything seems to point to her to try and understand me being non-binary. But it's to early to know for sure.A few days ago she was threatening to send me to conversion therapy.But now she's saying she'll take a chance on trying to understand me being non-binary.Either way I will not pretend to be something I am not because then my beliefs will be betrayed.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Your courage is inspiring. I don't know if I could be so open and honest with my parents.

I'm rooting for you and I hope to read more of your writing.

VoidCat

Your courage is inspiring. I don't know if I could be so open and honest with my parents.

I'm rooting for you and I hope to read more of your writing.
I'm not so certain if it's courage just tired of trying to be something I'm not and refusing to betray my beliefs. Courage has little to do with it.I'll be posting poems here on occasion.

Curious George

Veteran Member
My signature was written before this and explains the same situation that this poem speaks of. The situation of having to hide who I am as a non-binary person. My foster parent has realized that I can not change my gender and is trying to understand now. So I wrote this:
Title: The Wind is Changing
I see change is coming...
I have hope it'll go well,
But inside I feel fear and uncertainty,
Will I be who I am?
Or will I be forced to hide?
God, I hold onto.
May The Inward Light guide me,
And one thing I know:
I would rather lose my breath,
Then hide again.
I will not, I can not,
And you will not make me.
For my religion says you must have integrity,
And how can one who lies do so?
I will not betray my beliefs.
*"Than hide again."

Good poem. Sorry for the edit but I assumed you would want it in your final copy, somewhere.

VoidCat

*"Than hide again."

Good poem. Sorry for the edit but I assumed you would want it in your final copy, somewhere.
Thank you.Despite the fact I'm a native English speaker I've never really understood the differences between using then and than in writing and in speech.Could you explain to me why then would not go here? Before I edit it?

Curious George

Veteran Member
Thank you.Despite the fact I'm a native English speaker I've never really understood the differences between using then and than in writing and in speech.Could you explain to me why then would not go here? Before I edit it?
Than is a comparison. You use than when comparing two things. So if you are saying I would rather do this than that, you use "than." Then is introducing what comes next. If you are saying you would rather lose your breath and afterward go hide again, you would use "then."

VoidCat

Than is a comparison. You use than when comparing two things. So if you are saying I would rather do this than that, you use "than." Then is introducing what comes next. If you are saying you would rather lose your breath and afterward go hide again, you would use "then."
Thank you.I'll go edit it in my notebook. Would edit it here but too much time has past.