• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The What Are You Listening To Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
ChrisP said:
:eek: just got my first Social Dist. album (on your reccomendation :eek:) last week. Damn it's GOOOOOOoood.

RE: the rolling stones, they played here last tuesday one gig Auckland one gig Wellington... the only big act so far this year that hasn't cancelled, and they didn't even sell all their tickets.

Unless it's rubbish Rap/R'n'B acts and local dub NZers don't appear to be buying...

Tool's another matter though, every culture recognises greatness :biglaugh:

Tool - Wings for Marie part deux

*tears hair out* (doing a Buttons here), now I am into 1 hr 40 mins of Rolling stones I have on Mp3.:biglaugh:

ChrisP

Veteran Member
michel said:
*tears hair out* (doing a Buttons here), now I am into 1 hr 40 mins of Rolling stones I have on Mp3.:biglaugh:
Yeah, well... not many over here have good taste in music. Apart from our Musicians :)

Tool - Rosetta Stoned

Circle_One

:eek: just got my first Social Dist. album (on your reccomendation :eek:) last week. Damn it's GOOOOOOoood.

YAY!! I love when people pick up albums on my reccommendation and then really enjoy them. It makes me happy! I'm glad you like them though. Social D are one of my absolute favorite bands (I'm getting their logo tattooed on my back soon). Which album did you pick up?

That's really annoying that the Stones didn't sell out. Probably didn't give them much incentive to come back.

As for Tool... don't hit me please... but I never really liked them. *ducks*

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Circle_One said:
YAY!! I love when people pick up albums on my reccommendation and then really enjoy them. It makes me happy! I'm glad you like them though. Social D are one of my absolute favorite bands (I'm getting their logo tattooed on my back soon). Which album did you pick up?
Been looking for a while, but all I could find was some EP that didn't look that great and which was the same price as "Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell", which is what ended up going in the CD bag :) along with a few others... (130$ worth! which isn't as much as it sounds... most decent cd's are around 30$ here).

Maybe I should just buy a CD store? it's going to work out cheaper in the long run :D

That's really annoying that the Stones didn't sell out. Probably didn't give them much incentive to come back.
Not a stones fan myself, but yeah, you'd think they could pack out a 34,000 seater stadium at least! My boss went, sounds like it was a good concert.

As for Tool... don't hit me please... but I never really liked them. *ducks*
Swings... misses.

Circle_One

Been looking for a while, but all I could find was some EP that didn't look that great and which was the same price as "Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell", which is what ended up going in the CD bag :) along with a few others... (130$ worth! which isn't as much as it sounds... most decent cd's are around 30$ here).

GOOD CHOICE! Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell is definitely their greatest album. SO many good tracks. Bad Luck (my personal favorite), 99 to Life, Born to Lose, Making Believe.. ahh! Now I wanna listen to it! But, on the biased side, I can't think of any Social D album that wasn't amazing, haha. If they're hard to find down there, I can burn you copies of their other albums and send them to you, if you want.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Circle_One said:
GOOD CHOICE! Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell is definitely their greatest album. SO many good tracks. Bad Luck (my personal favorite), 99 to Life, Born to Lose, Making Believe.. ahh! Now I wanna listen to it! But, on the biased side, I can't think of any Social D album that wasn't amazing, haha. If they're hard to find down there, I can burn you copies of their other albums and send them to you, if you want.
Born to Lose is my fav so far, with When She Begins following closely behind ;)

Social Distortion - Cold Feelings

Circle_One

With Social D, you're favorite song changes all the time. I've gone through like 15 different "this song is my absolute favorite! Oh, that song? Meh, I don't like it" and then two weeks later, that song I didn't like is suddenly my favorite. It's ridiculous.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Circle_One said:
With Social D, you're favorite song changes all the time. I've gone through like 15 different "this song is my absolute favorite! Oh, that song? Meh, I don't like it" and then two weeks later, that song I didn't like is suddenly my favorite. It's ridiculous.
Ridicalicalous! :p Maybe you're just wishy-washy C1 *my turn to duck*

Social Distortion - Bad Luck

Circle_One

ChrisP said:
Ridicalicalous! :p Maybe you're just wishy-washy C1 *my turn to duck*

Social Distortion - Bad Luck

I'll show you wishy-washy Knockout :p

Social Distortion - Footprints on my ceiling

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Social Distortion - When She Begins

I was feelin' kinda beat, I decided
to hit the streets. I was lookin'
for a place for this heart of mine.

Circle_One

Awwwwww!! All this Social D talk is making me want to go on another one of my Social Distortion road trips. It's been a good 6 months since I last saw them live :( (I tend to travel a lot of Social D shows).

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Circle_One said:
Awwwwww!! All this Social D talk is making me want to go on another one of my Social Distortion road trips. It's been a good 6 months since I last saw them live :( (I tend to travel a lot of Social D shows).
:p

Social Distortion - King of Fools

Consider the torture over, I'm off to bed. Work in 2 hours Doncha know :)

Night C1 thanks again!

EDIT: (woah... wt...)

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Circle_One said:
:p

Social Distortion - King of Fools

Consider the torture over, I'm off to bed. Work in 2 hours Doncha know :)

Night C1

Circle_One

Night Chris, have a good day (night? not clear on the time differences going on..) at work, darling. And it no problem. You're incredibly welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.