• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "What are you listening to?" thread- Part 4

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Perhaps needing something like this - to finish them off. :eek:

Or this:

pop art.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Speaking, recently, of the Golden Ratio and Fibonacci sequence in the occult....one of my favorite songs from a favorite band ...
I've always doubted that as the syllable count in those lines go 3 (black then white), 4 (are all I see), 5 (in my infancy), 8 (red and yellow then came to be), 5 (reaching out to me), 3 (lets me see). Plus there's the line "over thinking, over analyzing separates body from mind."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
How do we do spoilers now?
Right now it's Shaggy 2 Dope's song **** the **** Off. But thats at an end and now it's onto this, except not edited and censored and the Old School version.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Speaking, recently, of the Golden Ratio and Fibonacci sequence in the occult....one of my favorite songs from a favorite band ...
Damn I love Tool. I can't even say I have a favorite song. There are some songs I don't care for by them, but the ones I do like are just 100% good.

exchemist

Veteran Member

This really should be sung by a countertenor, as it expresses Prince Ariodante's misery on being confronted with what he thinks (wrongly, it transpires) is the unfaithfulness of his love, the princess Ginevra. He is heartbroken, wants to die and swears his spirit will wreak vengeance. In the original production Händel would have had a castrato in the role.

Lea Desandre is a French/Italian mezzo. She sings it beautifully - you can see she has really thought herself into the role, in a very Italian way - and the accompaniment is ravishing. This is one of Händel's most beautiful operatic arias.

The conductor, William Christie is an American, who left the US to avoid the draft at the time of the Vietnam War and took French citizenship, becoming an outstanding interpreter of Baroque music as director of Les Arts Florissants. He was 76 at the time of this recording, 3 years ago. I didn't know he was still active.

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
One of the few relatively modern tracks that has crept into my playlist for some reason - being a slow learner. :eek:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
A blast from the past - a clear vinyl album in a clear sleeve, and where the label stuck to such so as to reduce its value somewhat, if it is worth much anyway. :oops: