• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Westernization of Iraq

Shad

Veteran Member
Well karma is a reaction to an action done in the past.
So if i hurt someone, i will my self suffer in the future, call it payment for wrongdoing from the past.

So? That does not make it a fact.

There are plenty of places i could hide people who were in danger of being killed because of religion or culture.

So if people show up looking for those you are hiding what do you do? Stand around while they search your home for those you are hiding?

If someones were hurt I could help them medically. Give people who need it, food, water, clothes.

What if that person is a soldier that will be sent back to the front?

Just like many pacifists did under WW2, i know because my family(grandfather grandmother) did exactly that in WW2

Which had next to no effect on the war effort and could be replaced by anyone else.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So? That does not make it a fact.

So if people show up looking for those you are hiding what do you do? Stand around while they search your home for those you are hiding?

What if that person is a soldier that will be sent back to the front?

Which had next to no effect on the war effort and could be replaced by anyone else.
If you dont belive in karma, it's ok to me, i choose to follow it.

Why would i hide someone at home? then they are sure to be found. it would be deep in the forest where few would look. or i would guide them to areas tht was safe ( research of course)

I would, of course, hope the person did not choose to go back to fight, but I could not let the person die from the wound they asked me to fix for them either.
And yes if an "enemy" did ask me to fix wounds i would do so to. they are human beings too. But that does not mean i support the war they take part in. I see human beings as human beings.Not as Enemy

Milton Platt

It is sad to see that the West (USA) made Iraq into a western country with the filth from Western culture instead of the local culture. why must West force other part of the world to be "more like Us" ???

I don't understand how someone made your culture do anything. It seems the people simply preferred to change the way they lived and thought. How did the "west" force anyone to like music or motorcycles, or different clothing?
Are you saying the people who are riding the Harley motorcycles were "made" to buy them?

Milton Platt

Have you herd of Donald Trump? He aint taking a no for an answer anymore, and if people dont want to do what he want, they become his enemy, just heard of when he when to a city and told that if the did not vote for him they would lose their jobs. That is how a dictator threatens people

He is a buffoon. But he was voted into office and he can be voted out of office.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I don't understand how someone made your culture do anything. It seems the people simply preferred to change the way they lived and thought. How did the "west" force anyone to like music or motorcycles, or different clothing?
Are you saying the people who are riding the Harley motorcycles were "made" to buy them?
the west introduced our way of life into the Middle East, and slowly their culture now fade away because of the younger generation in the middle east adopt the western way of living, in my view that is killing their own culture, and yet another country chooses the party and alcohol over spiritual lifestyle. to me that i sad to see

Milton Platt

the west introduced our way of life into the Middle East, and slowly their culture now fade away because of the younger generation in the middle east adopt the western way of living, in my view that is killing their own culture, and yet another country chooses the party and alcohol over spiritual lifestyle. to me that i sad to see

Door swings both ways...should middle eastern culture be suppressed in western nations, then?