• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Westernization of Iraq

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
But the question is this: is anyone forcing other cultural influences upon Iraqis, or are they choosing to absorb what they wish on their own? Human cultures have been changing in this way throughout our entire history. Nothing stays the same forever, no matter how frightened we are of change.
If America had not invaded Iraq they would not have been influenced by American culture,

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The first gulf war was based upon the invasion of Kuwait.
Nonsense.
The first Gulf war was based on the USA hiring Hussein to invade Iran.

When he failed to bring down the Iranian government, the USA(President Bush to be precise) decided to get rid of Hussein and replace him with a more effective proxy/puppet. So Bush invited Hussein to invade Kuwait, giving Bush the pretext for overthrowing him.

Unfortunately for Bush, Clinton was back in the USA kicking Bush's butt in the election campaign with "It's the economy stupid". So Bush cut and run, and started negotiating NAFTA.
But he still lost the election.

Tom

shmogie

Nonsense.
The first Gulf war was based on the USA hiring Hussein to invade Iran.

When he failed to bring down the Iranian government, the USA(President Bush to be precise) decided to get rid of Hussein and replace him with a more effective proxy/puppet. So Bush invited Hussein to invade Kuwait, giving Bush the pretext for overthrowing him.

Unfortunately for Bush, Clinton was back in the USA kicking Bush's butt in the election campaign with "It's the economy stupid". So Bush cut and run, and started negotiating NAFTA.
But he still lost the election.

Tom
What total blather. Do you attend Conspiracy University, or do you teach there ?

shmogie

Why would you believe anything about them if you had never lived with them?[/QUOTE]
Because there is something called history, and something called current events.

I have never lived with the Inuit, but I know they are highly adapted for surviving the cold, and they eat a lot of fish and blubber.

I have newer lived in the Andes, but I know a lot of women there wear very colorful serapes and wear black hats with a wide brim.

I have never lived in Mississippi but I know that to me they speak with an accent and serve great southern cuisine.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
What total blather. Do you attend Conspiracy University, or do you teach there ?
Of the three choices:
A) Hussein forgot the USA exists.
B) Hussein thought he could fight off the USA military
C) President Bush told Hussein he could invade Kuwait

Which seems more plausible?
Tom

shmogie

Of the three choices:
A) Hussein forgot the USA exists.
B) Hussein thought he could fight off the USA military
C) President Bush told Hussein he could invade Kuwait

Which seems more plausible?
Tom
Saddam was a psychopath. His since of logic was totally irrational.

Documents from his government make it clear that he believed the US would not respond to what he considered an action in a breakaway Iraqi state.

If he was thinking rationally, why did he not figure out his goose was cooked when he was given an ultimatum ? Did he really think that Bush, before the world, would back down ?

No matter why he invaded Kuwait, he should have seen the hammer falling, he didn´t

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Saddam was a psychopath. His since of logic was totally irrational.
Saddam was a proxy of the US government.
That part is clear.
Reagan/Bush funded him, armed him, gave him intel, protected him from the UN.
Mostly Bush, I suspect that Reagan(famously a 'hands off' president) probably didn't realize the disaster Bush was creating in the Gulf.

Frankly, it was Bush who was the psychopath. Hussein was just easily lead.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
No matter why he invaded Kuwait, he should have seen the hammer falling, he didn´t
The hammer should have fallen when Hussein invaded Iran. But it didn't because he was a USA flunky, hired to invade Iran.
So when the USA said "Invade Kuwait", he did.

This isn't that hard to figure out, for people who have a bit of historical knowledge.
Tom

Earthtank

The "westernization" is just a way to cover up the mass murdering America did for the oil and another way to destabilize the region. @Landon Caeli the West has succeeded in fooling you to forget what they really did and why they truly did it.

Cooky

Veteran Member
The "westernization" is just a way to cover up the mass murdering America did for the oil and another way to destabilize the region. @Landon Caeli the West has succeeded in fooling you to forget what they really did and why they truly did it.

So these Iraqis riding Harley's, and listening to electronic music at the Summer Festival are fooling me? They don't really like that stuff?

shmogie

The hammer should have fallen when Hussein invaded Iran. But it didn't because he was a USA flunky, hired to invade Iran.
So when the USA said "Invade Kuwait", he did.

This isn't that hard to figure out, for people who have a bit of historical knowledge.
Tom
Ah, I don´t have the historical knowledge, the claim of authority, LOL

Your idea is pap, and you have no evidence to prove your fantasy

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Ah, I don´t have the historical knowledge, the claim of authority, LOL

Your idea is pap, and you have no evidence to prove your fantasy
When Iraq invaded Iran, did the USA bring down the hammer?

You know the answer to the question.
Tom

Cooky

Veteran Member
If that's what you have to tell yourself in order to feel better about your position then, please, by all means, go ahead.

I'm sure nobody has any clue what you're talking about. You said: "The "westernization" is just a way to cover up the mass murdering America did..."

...That makes no sense, when it is Iraqis doing Western things. Then when I point this out, you turn against me personally... That means you are scrambling to cover up your own delusions. And everyone sees that.

Earthtank

I'm sure nobody has any clue what you're talking about. You said: "The "westernization" is just a way to cover up the mass murdering America did..."

...That makes no sense, when it is Iraqis doing Western things. Then when I point this out, you turn against me personally... That means you are scrambling to cover up your own delusions. And everyone sees that.

Attachments

• pooh.jpg
    pooh.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 0