• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Westernization of Iraq

sooda

Veteran Member
The Saudi Royal family has an estimated net worth of 1.5 trillion dollars, so it is difficult to claim that they are the victims of robbery. That was my point. That and I do not know how much gets to the average Saudi citizen. If you are saying they get a lot, then their leaders are doing better for them, than ours are.

Who says they are getting robbed?

KSA invests heavily in new business and job creation. 5 years ago the created a half million new manufacturing jobs... and expanded the industrial cities of Yanbu and Jubail.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Who says they are getting robbed?

KSA invests heavily in new business and job creation. 5 years ago the created a half million new manufacturing jobs... and expanded the industrial cities of Yanbu and Jubail.
I forget who said it, but it was mentioned on this thread that US is stealing oil. Given that we are now a net exporter and have been since Obama and the money that is paid to oil producing nations for their oil, renders that claim weak.

sooda

Veteran Member
I forget who said it, but it was mentioned on this thread that US is stealing oil. Given that we are now a net exporter and have been since Obama and the money that is paid to oil producing nations for their oil, renders that claim weak.

Trump said we should steal Iraqi oil and reimburse the US for the invasion and occupation of Iraq.

Komori

I'm not the one saying electronic music and motorcycles are evil, because "America". :rolleyes:
I never said music or motorcycles are evil. It's what they represent that's evil, namely the cultural shift, the coerced shift from traditional culture to Western, consumerist, quantity-based culture. Traditional cultures that allow Westernization will always regret it. Case in point: Iran. It's always cultures who have never experienced Westernization who beg for it the most.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Trump said we should steal Iraqi oil and reimburse the US for the invasion and occupation of Iraq.
Wow! No wonder he does not sleep that much at night. How could he?

Well, sure. He could. Narcissists don't have guilt issues.

That is incredible. Even though, as a country, we made the decision to invade, but since we won, we can now manipulate morality and re-interpret theft as reimbursement. We have indeed, been made great again.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I never said music or motorcycles are evil. It's what they represent that's evil, namely the cultural shift, the coerced shift from traditional culture to Western, consumerist, quantity-based culture. Traditional cultures that allow Westernization will always regret it. Case in point: Iran. It's always cultures who have never experienced Westernization who beg for it the most.
Just keep in mind that many of the World's great religious texts are the result of cultural contamination or contain significant portions derived from cultural contamination.

sooda

Veteran Member

You don't know much about Iran either.

Cooky

Veteran Member

Motorcycles and electronic music represent "consumerist, quantity-based culture"..? Uh.. No.. they don't.

sooda

Veteran Member
Wow! No wonder he does not sleep that much at night. How could he?

Well, sure. He could. Narcissists don't have guilt issues.

That is incredible. Even though, as a country, we made the decision to invade, but since we won, we can now manipulate morality and re-interpret theft as reimbursement. We have indeed, been made great again.

Trump? He's a creep to the bone.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Trump? He's a creep to the bone.
He is not a conservative or a Republican, except in name only. He is a narcissistic, authoritarian. If he had not been born to wealth and raised to believe that everything he says is some sort of gospel, he would likely be a petty criminal somewhere.

shmogie

No we're not.
As Trump supporters commonly point out, democracy is the tyranny of the majority. And that's why they're glad we are not one.

Hey @~@Revoltingest. @shmogie .
Explain to Landon why democracy is worse than an oligarchy(tyranny of the minority)
Tom
We are a Constitutional Representative Republic.

Democracies presuppose that the majority is always right, because they are the majority.

Consequently, the majority determines what everyones rights are to be.

There are no absolute rights. Only the rights granted by or removed by the majority.

If you are part of a minority, no matter how, e.g. by race, eye color, religion, sex, however you want to make the distinctions, your life can be controlled by the majority, and you have absolutely no say in the matter.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
It is sad to see that the West (USA) made Iraq into a western country with the filth from Western culture instead of the local culture. why must West force other part of the world to be "more like Us" ???

Did you totally ignore what the young woman said in the article?

"I love this type of music," said Layan, a 19-year-old woman in a leather black top and full makeup.

"I hear a lot of people say that we're influenced by the West. Fine, there's no difference to me -- the important thing is I don't have to listen to this music at home in secret anymore," she said, pumping her fist into the air.

Nobody forced western culture on them. They wanted it from the start. So much so they had to listen to music they like in secret.

I have a friend from one of these "cultures" you hold so much in revere. He is gay, and had to keep it a secret to keep from being killed by his own govt. Eventually he made it to the U.S. and is now a citizen and participates in whatever lifestyle, music, whatevs he wants without fear of the threat of death.

I think its great that they enjoy western culture and want to take part in it. If they don't want to that is ok too.

shmogie

So why are you using computers, when Americans invented the computer chip? It's okay for you to be Americanized, but not Iraqis?

...I mean, you're complaining about electronic music and motorcycles, being American. So why is it okay for you to be Americanized but not them?
Lets not leave out the telephone, actual functioning light bulb, jeans, GPS, You want to avoid American things, eliminate all of these from your life. You will have made a slight start.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
It is sad to see that the West (USA) made Iraq into a western country with the filth from Western culture instead of the local culture. why must West force other part of the world to be "more like Us" ???
If anything, this is starting to get back to normalcy for the country. For all of Saddam's crimes, he allowed some measure of freedom of artistic and religious expression.

shmogie

Did you totally ignore what the young woman said in the article?

Nobody forced western culture on them. They wanted it from the start. So much so they had to listen to music they like in secret.

I have a friend from one of these "cultures" you hold so much in revere. He is gay, and had to keep it a secret to keep from being killed by his own govt. Eventually he made it to the U.S. and is now a citizen and participates in whatever lifestyle, music, whatevs he wants without fear of the threat of death.

I think its great that they enjoy western culture and want to take part in it. If they don't want to that is ok too.
They all complain about American culture, yet cannot hold back in immersing themselves in it.