• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wedding of Jesus

BSM1

What? Me worry?
That's great for having a background. However, Paul was called a Christian not a Paulinian. I didn't expect Jesus to literally set up the church in body in as much as he died, resurrected and was seated at the right hand of the Father.

I wouldn't say "Paul" set up the church any more that "Peter" or "James" set up the church. What I see is that they Holy Spirit set up the church.

But we can agree to disagree.

Certainly, in context of what we were talking about, Paul didn't create any baggage. :D

I think you've missed the point. It's how others have interpreted Paul's letters that created the 'baggage' in my opinion. Jesus purposely (IMHO) did not set up a physical church simply because what he taught was on a personal, one to one, basis. Those throughout history who believe that they had "the Answer" were responsible for the form becoming more important than the function in Christianity. Paul's letter lent themselves to selective interpretation that was very useful for manipulating and controlling the masses (no pun intended).

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I think you've missed the point. It's how others have interpreted Paul's letters that created the 'baggage' in my opinion. Jesus purposely (IMHO) did not set up a physical church simply because what he taught was on a personal, one to one, basis. Those throughout history who believe that they had "the Answer" were responsible for the form becoming more important than the function in Christianity. Paul's letter lent themselves to selective interpretation that was very useful for manipulating and controlling the masses (no pun intended).
Perhaps it was how you said it.

Certainly mankind has the capacity to have selective interpretation. I think we all can do that--or at least have the potential because we are human.

I can wholeheartedly agree that when people say "I have the Answer"--get ready for baggage.

The Church, of course, are people. But I don't see anywhere, intimated, suggested or said that there shouldn't be buildings. If anything, the pattern by Jesus and the Apostle was buildings on the Sabbath and then homes during the weekday with a public conference in between all of that,

Kenny

Premium Member
Dogma is never good! .

The word "never" is too all encompassing. In Christian belief system, the dogma of resurrection is foundational. Without it, there is no Christianity.

Why is determining where evil comes from so important?

omega2xx

Could you quote the verse in the Bible that tells us where evil comes from? That would go a long way in verifying your credibility.

I said I would but I set a condition. Answer my question first.

Get serious. Christians never have any credibility with non-Christians. Nor do we expect any.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
...................... No church teaches "my Jesus can kick you Jesus' butt," how absurd. ......

I visit a Christian website for any new HJ info or ideas. The way in which Christians from differing creeds insult each other is quite unbelievable. Shocking!

No RF members would (or could) even approach the kind of disgustingly insulting outbursts seen on that site. And the mods do absolutely nothing about it.

But to question Paul's authority gets a warning! :D

BSM1

What? Me worry?
The word "never" is too all encompassing. In Christian belief system, the dogma of resurrection is foundational. Without it, there is no Christianity.

Why is determining where evil comes from so important?

Dogma is never good!

I just want to determine how much you really know about your subject.

Kenny

Premium Member
I visit a Christian website for any new HJ info or ideas. The way in which Christians from differing creeds insult each other is quite unbelievable. Shocking!
I couldn't agree with you more... and I'm a Christian

No RF members would (or could) even approach the kind of disgustingly insulting outbursts seen on that site. And the mods do absolutely nothing about it.
LOL NOW, I think you have crossed the line of reason.

BRAVO! :D

Kenny

Premium Member
Dogma is never good!
As per my quote... you could NEVER be more wrong :) So quit being so dogmatic about your posttion! :D

I just want to determine how much you really know about your subject.
LOL... I'll be the first to say that the more I learn the more I realize how little I know.

But what I do know :) no one can take it away from me! :D

BSM1

What? Me worry?
As per my quote... you could NEVER be more wrong :) So quit being so dogmatic about your posttion! :D

LOL... I'll be the first to say that the more I learn the more I realize how little I know.

But what I do know :) no one can take it away from me! :D

I use to say the same thing until the partial lobotomy, lol.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I couldn't agree with you more... and I'm a Christian

LOL NOW, I think you have crossed the line of reason.

BRAVO! :D

Why can't Christians....... be more like HJ rsearchers?
Such reasonable people....... and good looking too....

:D

omega2xx

Your sample is large enough to be statistically reliable and you don't know it they are really Christians.

Kenny

Premium Member
Is she the one with the white cane?
Metis... I am going to tell her what you said... just know SHE WILL FIND YOU! and you will see what a cane can achieve in the hands of an angry woman! :D

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Metis... I am going to tell her what you said... just know SHE WILL FIND YOU! and you will see what a cane can achieve in the hands of an angry woman! :D

I knew a bloke who used to visits establishments and pay for that kind of attention!
True! He was a Door Supervisor (bouncer) in a lap-dancing club in Brighton, England. If things ever got rowdy he would wade in, and if he got hit or hurt it was a bonus. True!
It takes all sorts....... Wow!.... Look at us! :D

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Your sample is large enough to be statistically reliable and you don't know it they are really Christians.

Oh, absolutely!
In fact, when they call out their insults and bitter words I am reminded of those verses....... is it Jeremiah?.... the something and gnashing of teeth? Yep....... Hell!
Those particular Christians seem to have got it all wrong.

omega2xx

Oh, absolutely!
In fact, when they call out their insults and bitter words I am reminded of those verses....... is it Jeremiah?.... the something and gnashing of teeth? Yep....... Hell!
Those particular Christians seem to have got it all wrong.

As I read what I sent to you, I see my lack of typing skills jumped in. I meant to says your sample ISN'T large enough to be statistically reliable.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Hey, then she'd be joining my wife with her broom handle, and two against one just ain't fair!!! :tearsofjoy: