• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wedding of Jesus

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Trouble is you can't (or shouldn't) do in the dining room what you do in the bathroom.
Which is which?
Conservative and Liberal Christianity. Dining room or bathroom? There's gotta be an insult there somewhere! :D

Heh! What a Jesusonian? That's new to me.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
And yet millions (along with myself), of which there are also many intellectuals of extreme capacity in critical thinking, don't agree with your position. Such is the free will of people.
Millions of people can entirely wrong. Reality is what doesn't change regardless of what people believe. For much of human history people believed that the Earth is a firmament and the Sun moved around it. The fact that the Scriptural authors and audience Believed that didn't make it true. They were just primitive and ignorant and wrong about important things.

How many millions, out of the 7,000,000,000 humans on the planet, agree with you about God and the supernatural? A couple million? A few tens of millions? One thing I have noticed about the adherents of revealed religions is how quickly and thoroughly they dismiss the beliefs of other members when it suits.
Christianity doesn't look like a religion to be. Rather a large group of somewhat related cults.
Tom

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Millions of people can entirely wrong. Reality is what doesn't change regardless of what people believe. For much of human history people believed that the Earth is a firmament and the Sun moved around it. The fact that the Scriptural authors and audience Believed that didn't make it true. They were just primitive and ignorant and wrong about important things.
EXACTLY! That's why I'm telling you that you are wrong.

How many millions, out of the 7,000,000,000 humans on the planet, agree with you about God and the supernatural? A couple million? A few tens of millions? One thing I have noticed about the adherents of revealed religions is how quickly and thoroughly they dismiss the beliefs of other members when it suits.
Christianity doesn't look like a religion to be. Rather a large group of somewhat related cults.
Tom

:) And here you are dismissing us... is that kinda cultish?

I would be happy to discuss things when you want... but the above doesn't address reality or substantively anything else

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Which is which?
Conservative and Liberal Christianity. Dining room or bathroom? There's gotta be an insult there somewhere! :D

Heh! What a Jesusonian? That's new to me.

Something I ran across a few years back. A Jesusonian is someone who follows the basic commandments of Jesus without having all that Christian BS baggage. It's my belief that most "Christians" are really "Paulites".

Kenny

Premium Member
Something I ran across a few years back. A Jesusonian is someone who follows the basic commandments of Jesus without having all that Christian BS baggage. It's my belief that most "Christians" are really "Paulites".
I didn't realize that there was baggage... which one?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
One is absolutely right.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Tom
I agree with one.
Regards

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I didn't realize that there was baggage... which one?

Dogma, meaningless ceremonies, church hierarchy and control from the top, misinterpretations or self-serving Biblical interpretations, "MY Jesus can kick your Jesus' butt" attitudes between denominations, lack of spirituality or personal belief responsibility--need I go on?

Kenny

Premium Member
Dogma, meaningless ceremonies, church hierarchy and control from the top, misinterpretations or self-serving Biblical interpretations, "MY Jesus can kick your Jesus' butt" attitudes between denominations, lack of spirituality or personal belief responsibility--need I go on?
No... that's a great list. Not sure how that is equated to "Pauline".

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The lack of info as marriage for Jews in the First Century was concerned, is an evidence that Jesus was married. Not to be married at his age would have been a shame bordering on embarrassment among those who knew him. A Jewish man at Jesus' time was expected to be married since his time as a teenager.
It is correct.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Oh no. First marriage? Is there now more than one?

Ciao

- viole
There are people in Kashmir who claim that they are progeny of Jesus/Essa.
Then there is a tribe in Pakistan named Issa-Khel, a sub-tribe of the Niazi Afghans, from the lineage of Jesus/Essa.
Etc
Regards

BSM1

What? Me worry?
No... that's a great list. Not sure how that is equated to "Pauline".

The 'church' was set up by Paul (for the most part) not Jesus. Many of the "Christians" that I know cannot even tell you what commandments Jesus gave, let alone his basic teachings. For reference, I was raised in a Southern Baptist setting with my father studying for the ministry before he suddenly passed at an early age. I have had extensive exposure to mainstream Christian teachings.

omega2xx

What you need to is show why you list is meaningless to anyone but you.

Right dogma is good. What Christian ceremonies are meaningless and why. Honest church hierarchy and control from the top is not bad. You are not qualified to determine if an interpretation is misinterpreted or self serving. No church teaches "my Jesus can kick you Jesus' butt," how absurd. You are not qualified to determine lack of spiritually. Who teaches a lack of personal belief responsibility?

What is wrong is making a list with elements for which you are not qualified to make.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

What you need to is show why you list is meaningless to anyone but you.

Right dogma is good. What Christian ceremonies are meaningless and why. Honest church hierarchy and control from the top is not bad. You are not qualified to determine if an interpretation is misinterpreted or self serving. No church teaches "my Jesus can kick you Jesus' butt," how absurd. You are not qualified to determine lack of spiritually. Who teaches a lack of personal belief responsibility?

What is wrong is making a list with elements for which you are not qualified to make.

Dogma is never good! I am happy that you seem to have lived a sheltered religious life. If you want to have some fun ask any preacher to quote you the verse that tells you where evil comes from. I have seen heads virtually explode.

omega2xx

Dogma is never good! I am happy that you seem to have lived a sheltered religious life. If you want to have some fun ask any preacher to quote you the verse that tells you where evil comes from. I have seen heads virtually explode.

Why don't you answer my question instead of exposing your ignorance?

Even I know where evil comes from and if you answer my question,k I will tell you.

Kenny

Premium Member
The 'church' was set up by Paul (for the most part) not Jesus. Many of the "Christians" that I know cannot even tell you what commandments Jesus gave, let alone his basic teachings. For reference, I was raised in a Southern Baptist setting with my father studying for the ministry before he suddenly passed at an early age. I have had extensive exposure to mainstream Christian teachings.
That's great for having a background. However, Paul was called a Christian not a Paulinian. I didn't expect Jesus to literally set up the church in body in as much as he died, resurrected and was seated at the right hand of the Father.

I wouldn't say "Paul" set up the church any more that "Peter" or "James" set up the church. What I see is that they Holy Spirit set up the church.

But we can agree to disagree.

Certainly, in context of what we were talking about, Paul didn't create any baggage. :D

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Why don't you answer my question instead of exposing your ignorance?

Even I know where evil comes from and if you answer my question,k I will tell you.

Could you quote the verse in the Bible that tells us where evil comes from? That would go a long way in verifying your credibility.