• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Vegetarian Recipes Thread

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes. Stop eating corn!
Its food for my future steaks and future petro for my vehicle :D

From what I understand, the corn that's used for that isn't really edible.

Though I admit it makes me bitter to drive through all the cornfields and know what its going for... If I could eat it, I'd feel a little better.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Yes. Stop eating corn!
Its food for my future steaks and future petro for my vehicle :D
I have a rabbit. He adores corn.

Btw...here corn is produced in the north and most of it it is turned into flour. Cornmeal is used to make polenta. Typically Italian.

We Never Know

No Slack
From what I understand, the corn that's used for that isn't really edible.

Though I admit it makes me bitter to drive through all the cornfields and know what its going for... If I could eat it, I'd feel a little better.

I like shoepeg corn. It just tastes better.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Nothing much creative about this recipe, but I do bring this to work with me for lunch quite often. I like to call it Paneer Tikka Masala Naanwich.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Take one piece of Tandoori naan and spread tikka masala simmer sauce as one would spreading pizza sauce on a crust. Shred 1/2 cup of paneer cheese and sprinkle evenly over top of sauce. Place directly on oven rack. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. When done, slice in half and fold one half over the other.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Zucchini Pie

Ingredients
2 big Zucchinis
1 glass of milk
2 eggs
Cheese (better Parmigiano and Mozzarella)
Salt
Pepper

Cut the first zuccini into big cubes. Take a big pan with lots of sunflower oil (any oil is ok), and start frying these zucchini cubes.
When they are ready, just put them on a plate and then in the fridge.
Take the second zucchini. Cut in big pieces and put them in thr blender. Add salt, olive oil, pepper, milk, 2 eggs.
The mixture is ready. Add the fried zucchini cubes.
Add slices of parmigiano and mozzarella.
Put all this into a tray.
In the oven, 180° C, 40 minutes.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Zucchini Pie

Ingredients
2 big Zucchinis
1 glass of milk
2 eggs
Salt
Pepper

Cut the first zuccini into big cubes. Take a big pan with lots of sunflower oil (any oil is ok), and start frying these zucchini cubes.
Take the second zucchini. Cut in big pieces and put them in thr blender. Add salt, olive oil, pepper, milk, 2 eggs.

Thank you for this! I love zucchini pie! It's been so long since I've had it that I completely forgot about it.

This weekend, I will be on a quest to find a zucchini pie recipe that doesn't require eggs (my "weekend" starts on Monday).

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Zucchini Pie

Ingredients
2 big Zucchinis
1 glass of milk
2 eggs
Salt
Pepper

That sounds like something I made the other day, except it was in a phyllo dough crust.

I guess I threw fennel in there, too.

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
To try Indian recipes, I have recently come across a truly fabulous Youtube channel. The channel is 'Chef Ranveer Brar'.

Being South Indian, I used to be intimidated by so many mouth-watering North Indian and Western vegetarian dishes. Chef Ranveer Brar makes it easy, his instructions are in Hindi but gives a detailed recipe in each post. (Also the ingredient list is subtitled in English).

Veg. dish fans should REALLY see his videos.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
To try Indian recipes, I have recently come across a truly fabulous Youtube channel. The channel is 'Chef Ranveer Brar'.

Being South Indian, I used to be intimidated by so many mouth-watering North Indian and Western vegetarian dishes. Chef Ranveer Brar makes it easy, his instructions are in Hindi but gives a detailed recipe in each post. (Also the ingredient list is subtitled in English).

Veg. dish fans should REALLY see his videos.

My husband loves Indian food of all varieties, but my oldest son does not. I did, however, try of some recipes from the Sister States, and it appears I have a winner; both enjoy it. The recipes are not always vegetarian, though, and I have to use imitation product.

Indian cooking is always fun to make, though, in my opinion. Learning some of the regional recipes has been an adventure.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Spring is here (just)..

Time for salads.

Chick peas, marche* (lambs lettuce / cornsalad), crumbled feta (works well without it too), spring onion, cucumber, tomatoes.

With pitta bread croutons.

Toss the pittas in a bit of olive oil, salt and ground black pepper. Pop in the oven at 180c for 15 to 20 minutes, until the outside is crisp but not hard.

Tear (or cut) the pitta into crouton size bits. Quarter the tomatoes and cut onion, deseed the cucumber and cut onto thin slices.

Mix it all together with the croutons.

Dressing. Equal amounts of balsamic vinager, clear honey and whole grain mustard (half the amount for classic mustard)

* You can also use young fresh spinach.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Spring is here (just)..

Time for salads.

Chick peas, marche* (lambs lettuce / cornsalad), crumbled feta (works well without it too), spring onion, cucumber, tomatoes.

With pitta bread croutons.

Toss the pittas in a bit of olive oil, salt and ground black pepper. Pop in the oven at 180c for 15 to 20 minutes, until the outside is crisp but not hard.

Tear (or cut) the pitta into crouton size bits. Quarter the tomatoes and cut onion, deseed the cucumber and cut onto thin slices.

Mix it all together with the croutons.

Dressing. Equal amounts of balsamic vinager, clear honey and whole grain mustard (half the amount for classic mustard)

* You can also use young fresh spinach.
We have fattoush salads a lot but normally with spinach and lemon juice with mint and sumac.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I understand. Here where I live, we have lotsa Middle Eastern restaurants and stores.

Our nearest middle eastern store is about 80km away. You are lucky.

Epinard (spinach) is literally just coming into season. Out local bio grower has 10 minutes ago sent out an email saying he will start selling it tomorrow.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
For vegans, theobromine and caffeine intolerant, here a substitute for cocoa: carob powder.

I love it. The Mediterranean is filled with carob trees. Here, a nice recipe

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Also for vegans: carob cookies.
Just carob powder, sunflower oil, 50 g cane sugar, a pinch of salt, and 200 g of e.p. flower.
In the oven for just 20 minutes, 120 degrees.