• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Vegetarian Recipes Thread

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Vegan Spam:
(I haven't tried this, but it looks interesting and it had positive reviews.)

Equipment

• Small Mixing Bowl to add ingredients for the marinade
  • Flat Container to lay out tofu pieces flat
  • Spatula to flip tofu in marinate (chopsticks work well)
  • Knife and cutting board
  • Baking Sheet or Large non-stick pan

Ingredients

• 1 block tofu extra firm tofu
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce or alternative
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
  • 1 tbsp liquid smoke
  • 1 tbsp mirin Japanese sweet rice wine
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 2 tbsp water

Instructions

• To start making your vegan spam by cutting up your tofu and slice horizontally into thin rectangular pieces – one block will make approximately 10-12 pieces. You can cut off the edges to make them round so that your tofu slice is more of an oval vs rectangle (to make it more spam-like).
  • In a small bowl, create the vegan spam marinade by adding the soy sauce, maple syrup, liquid smoke, mirin, ground ginger, garlic powder, and water. Mix well.
  • In a flat container, lay your tofu slices flat and pour in the vegan spam marinade, making sure each tofu piece is soaking well. I recommend marinating for at least an hour to overnight or if short for time, marinate for 10-15 minutes (preferably 15) on each side.
  • To bake your vegan spam in the oven, transfer tofu pieces onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 375°F. After 15 minutes, flip the tofu pieces and pour the rest of the marinade on the tofu. Bake for another 15 minutes. This makes the total baking time 30 minutes.
  • Alternatively (for a quicker method), you can pan-fry on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on one side (when it's caramelized), then flip and pour in the remaining marinade and pan fry for another 2-3 minutes.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I guess I can't use chop sticks anymore. :sob:

IMG_0348.png