• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The vatican chants regarding lucifer

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
One would think in light of peoples beliefs regarding lucifer be they right or wrong, the word lucifer would be avoided to stem the vaticans ever growing scandelous reputation.
But no they build the largest telescope on earth and call it lucifer.
Why should they change part of their theology because people want to be stupid? There's plenty of other things about the Catholic Church that are actually wrong and worthy of criticism but this is not one of them.

Ubon

Who then is lucifer, and i dont mean the word.
Who is the being lucifer, and isnt he called as his name suggests the morning star.

And why is jesus sharing the name with him.

Ubon

Are you a Buddhist or an anti-Catholic Protestant fundie?
A Buddhist who like any person has a right to explore other beliefs, especially those of such a powerfull organisation that has its hand in politics.
You dont have to be christian to have an opinion or question on christianity.
Again i said explain, i did not say they were worshiping lucifer nor did i say they were not.
If you cannot explain your practice without getting sensitive perhaps a debate is not fir you.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
A Buddhist who like any person has a right to explore other beliefs, especially those of such a powerfull organisation that has its hand in politics.
You dont have to be christian to have an opinion or question on christianity.
Again i said explain, i did not say they were worshiping lucifer nor did i say they were not.
If you cannot explain your practice without getting sensitive perhaps a debate is not fir you.
I'm not a Catholic (or I'm lapsed, anyway). I've been quite harsh about the Church on here, actually. Forgive me if I don't believe your purposes with this thread are all that innocent.

Ubon

Its very common for people to assume things.
More so for people to get defensive over teachings that they have been taught to follow with blind faith for fear of being called an un christian blasphemer.

When i saw a clip on youtube my interest was sparked, and an answer was saught.

I did not say hey look, the pope is worshipping whoever, i asked for an explanation as i am ignorant on the matter.

What i have learned here today is this is not the place to ask questions or seek knowledge as defences are so ready that pre-emptive strikes are made.

If i ask a question dont think to much, if there is an agender i will make it very clear.

Thanks for the responses that were in line with my original question.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Well i dont have to post it as i wrote about it, its up to those that dont believe to go and look.

This is pure laziness on your part. I could claim that there are several videos of dolphins walking on the beach and that they're all on youtube. If you're making a claim of something specific it would help to support it by posting that specific video.