• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Usual Fear Based Rants.

Ellen Brown

While researching something, I wound up reading something that said. "We will be forced to take the mark of the beast, or be killed". Then I looked at the URL and found that I was on Christian Forums. I may have been thrown out of it, perhaps 15 years ago, and then converted to Islam.

So many of the things said there are likely true, but why is it always based on fear? Why not base what is said on love and the pleasing of God?

Seriously hoping that I pass soon.

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
In all honesty, I don't get why you keep stressing yourself out. In other words you should 'chill out' a little.
Wishing you all the best.

sooda

Veteran Member
While researching something, I wound up reading something that said. "We will be forced to take the mark of the beast, or be killed". Then I looked at the URL and found that I was on Christian Forums. I may have been thrown out of it, perhaps 15 years ago, and then converted to Islam.

So many of the things said there are likely true, but why is it always based on fear? Why not base what is said on love and the pleasing of God?

Don't say that...…….

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

As long as you do that, the spirit is alive and well.
Be the living example of ideals you value.
Don’t be discouraged by the failings of others.
Encourage others, just by being what you are.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Christianity was built as a controller of people, whole communities. The control devices had to be more frightening than executions like crucifixion, imo.

Do this and you get Heaven.
Do that and you get everlasting unimaginable torture in Hell.

Nimos

Personally I think people misunderstand the phrase "fear God" etc in the bible and how the Jews would have looked at it. (Obviously just a guess :)) But I think what they would understand by it is more like you should respect God. Because at least to me it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for the scriptures to say "God loves you etc" and then in the next verse you have to fear him or you will burn in hell. So to me fear seems to cover several meanings, both the wrath of God if you defy him, but also that you have to respect him. And this explanation or understanding is just thrown under one word "Fear".

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
In all honesty, I don't get why you keep stressing yourself out. In other words you should 'chill out' a little.
Wishing you all the best.
Yeah really. I'd refuse to get upset because of what somebody else says or does.

Touch the Earth and Mara disappears.

Live accordingly.

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
Yeah really. I'd refuse to get upset because of what somebody else says or does.

Touch the Earth and Mara disappears.

Live accordingly.

True bro, true.

Sometimes intentionally stamping on eggshells is rather therapeutic.

Not such a bad idea really, we must remove our attachments in order to really grow in understanding. Too much deafening noise isn't quite helpful per se.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Hell is about control and power. Don't let it make you tired of living and dealing with it.