• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Universe or Absolute

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Is the universe changeable; if there is nothing apart from it to affect change.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
ok, substituting universe and absolute for god. can god be changed when there is nothing apart from god to influence or effect god?

Depends on the eyes you look with. Physical eyes see change, spiritual eye ....

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Consider the universe began as a tiny speck inflating to unimaginably hot plasma, then quantum particle's formed, then hydrogen atoms, helium atoms, suns, some heavier elements, more suns, even heavier elements, galaxies and solar systems, the universe has changed considerably over the last 13+ billion years.

I have no idea how but i see no reason the universe will not continue to follow the path of entropy.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Evidence indicates our universe involves natural cycles of evolution and change of galaxies, solar systems and planets within the parameters of underlying natural laws.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Certain things about the universe are unchangeable. The speed of light, for example.
Other things can be changed. Gravity at the quantum level behaves differently than gravity at our level, for example.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Certain things about the universe are unchangeable. The speed of light, for example.
Other things can be changed. Gravity at the quantum level behaves differently than gravity at our level, for example.

Contemporary physics and cosmology does not necessarily consider the speed of light as constant. The speed of light is only considered to have a value of 299,792,458 m/s in a vacuum when measured objectively in the same reference as the measured speed of light. Maybe more to follow, but I do not want wander off topic.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Contemporary physics and cosmology does not necessarily consider the speed of light as constant. The speed of light is only considered to have a value of 299,792,458 m/s in a vacuum when measured objectively in the same reference as the measured speed of light. Maybe more to follow, but I do not want wander off topic.
Huh. I didn't know that.

syo

ok, substituting universe and absolute for god. can god be changed when there is nothing apart from god to influence or effect god?
god cannot be changed. that's why we say his all-powerfull.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Change is the only constant.

Actually, the underlying laws of nature of everything are what do not change. Change is an attribute of the time/space of our universe and all possible universes. The evidence indicates that change is cyclic in nature with the evolving birth and death of everything in our known physical existence.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Consider the universe began as a tiny speck inflating to unimaginably hot plasma, then quantum particle's formed, then hydrogen atoms, helium atoms, suns, some heavier elements, more suns, even heavier elements, galaxies and solar systems, the universe has changed considerably over the last 13+ billion years.

I have no idea how but i see no reason the universe will not continue to follow the path of entropy.
so it can change itself but itself cannot be changed by any outside influence because it would then not be Absolute, or ALL?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
so it can change itself but itself cannot be changed by any outside influence because it would then not be Absolute, or ALL?

Correct, it has changed over time

Is it all? That is unknown