• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Universe is as we want it

Bird123

To be positive and objective are the same thing. The Universe is exactly what we want it to be. Think about it for a little while and see if you don't all agree.

To be positive and objective are not always the same thing. Example: Many religious people are positive their beliefs are the truth, however they are not objective about all the information that is out there. Many people want their beliefs to be true.

The Universe is exactly what we want it to be, however it will take most many lifetimes to realize this.

atanu

Premium Member
To be positive and objective are the same thing. The Universe is exactly what we want it to be. Think about it for a little while and see if you don't all agree.

I agree but this agreeing is not on account of thinking. Will thinking bring about an agreement?

"We" - applicable to each one of us.

A common aspect that is applicable to all of us? Or 'we' is a conglomerate of bodies?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I agree but this agreeing is not on account of thinking. Will thinking bring about an agreement?

Love does not require thought - Rael. I was merely trying to get people out of a rut because I know many of them will have a knee-jerk disagreement to my thread title.

A common aspect that is applicable to all of us? Or 'we' is a conglomerate of bodies?

"We" - applicable to each of us individually.

Derek500

Wish I could change this to AUD
I disagree. I would love to see a Universe where my grand-parents had billions in the bank. They didn't. Struggled to make ends meet. So, the Universe is not exactly what we want it to be.

Next ridiculously incoherent writing from you?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Again, I expect better than that. You might have only one chess move, but it could be a great move. Not having power over the Earth or Universe does not mean it is not what we would want.
The universe and Earth are under no obligations to bend to our will and be what we want them to be. To think they are is certainly a height of human arrogance. The universe isn't even obligated to make sense to us, and to say it's as we want when we don't even actually know what it is really grasping at straws. Not even straws, really, but nothing more than air.

dfnj

The universe is far from how we want it, its a cold, harsh and deadly environment. But the island of warmth, relative comfort and life which is the earth is a petty nice place to be ... in parts.

If it were too easy you would get bored. Ideally we want it challenging enough to keep us interested but not too difficult where we become discourage to participate.

dfnj

The universe and Earth are under no obligations to bend to our will and be what we want them to be. To think they are is certainly a height of human arrogance. The universe isn't even obligated to make sense to us, and to say it's as we want when we don't even actually know what it is really grasping at straws. Not even straws, really, but nothing more than air.

I think the height of human arrogance is when someone is pretending to speak for God.

But I agree it does appear nature is ruthlessly indifferent to what we care about.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If it were too easy you would get bored. Ideally we want it challenging enough to keep us interested but not too difficult where we become discourage to participate.

And if it were too hard, the have man race wouldn't exist.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I got post # 27, my own -
Love does not require thought - Rael. I was merely trying to get people out of a rut because I know many of them will have a knee-jerk disagreement to my thread title.
"We" - applicable to each of us individually.
I think if you think of something bad, but then you think of the reason, things will be optimistic because either it will help you experience the opposite better or because you are not yet ready to get beyond it or several other possible reasons.

I'm not trying to say there is some magical Karma that just balances everything out for us but we can be contented in whatever circumstances we find ourselves because of our knowledge and because we appreciate things because of how they influence us for instance.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member

This is certainly how I roll, but I'm well aware I'm an exception and that most humans think nothing of the sort. I'm pretty sure the reasoning that I used isn't the same as yours, either.

The universe is exactly what I want it to be because I accept and embrace things for what they are in their objective sense instead of constantly thinking they should be changed. And in appreciating things for what they are in their objective sense, I see intrinsic value in all things. By seeing intrinsic value, I see beauty, awe, and inspiration everywhere - positivity flows through me. I can sing the glories of dusk alongside the glories of dawn; marvel at the rotting of flesh as much as the blooming of a spring flower. But, like I said, I'm well aware I'm an exception.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
This is certainly how I roll, but I'm well aware I'm an exception and that most humans think nothing of the sort. I'm pretty sure the reasoning that I used isn't the same as yours, either.

The universe is exactly what I want it to be because I accept and embrace things for what they are in their objective sense instead of constantly thinking they should be changed. And in appreciating things for what they are in their objective sense, I see intrinsic value in all things. By seeing intrinsic value, I see beauty, awe, and inspiration everywhere - positivity flows through me. I can sing the glories of dusk alongside the glories of dawn; marvel at the rotting of flesh as much as the blooming of a spring flower. But, like I said, I'm well aware I'm an exception.

I'm pretty sure I agreed with all of that.