• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV show Lucifer - now on Netflix

Bob the Unbeliever

A show that ran on Fox for 3 seasons has been picked up by Netflix.

A 4th season is now live.

It's brilliantly written, and I did not understand why, until I went to the Wiki. Neil Gaiman was part of the storyline, the show being based on some of his stories.

I think Tom Ellis is brilliant as Lucifer, the Shining One.

I was going to jump right into season 4, but gave pause.... nope-nope-nope. I'm binging on season 1, and have made it to episode 5.

*sigh* I love well written fantasy. In truth? The Lucifer of this series is far more believable than anything in the silly bible. Better written, more sympathetic, the whole works.

Far more internally consistent than the bible, which is literally, all over the place, story-wise.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

It's brilliantly written, and I did not understand why, until I went to the Wiki. Neil Gaiman was part of the storyline, the show being based on some of his stories.

I was going to jump right into season 4, but gave pause.... nope-nope-nope. I'm binging on season 1, and have made it to episode 5.

*sigh* I love well written fantasy. In truth? The Lucifer of this series is far more believable than anything in the silly bible. Better written, more sympathetic, the whole works.

Far more internally consistent than the bible, which is literally, all over the place, story-wise.

I've considered watching it. I have a few other things in the queue atm but seems a good recommendation to add to my watch list.

Bob the Unbeliever

The Lucifer i was thinking of has no empathy, no remorse, no pity, no care nor love for anyone. Despises souls all day, loves to tell lies to destroy everything about anyone innocent. Is malevolent, malicious and confident in destruction. Despises fairness, despises all well being but his own , and uses everyone and everything to serve only his own purposes. Is a master of depravity and wickedness. Likes to appear as a goodly person in order to do harm. His only purpose is to end all honest people, and torment them day and night forever and ever in a state of eternal powerless, unbearable torment.

Anyone loyal to that Lucifer's purposes will be used and driven for those exact purposes and when they are of no use, he will simply end them if he cant find a self serving murdering use for their existence for his power alone glory.

And if this Lucifer gets his victory, he will revel in his own mayhem forever and ever til he is all by himself with every heavenly power and thing in his full control. Everything and everybody a toy of his own maliciousness til he is absolutely alone and God of all. And from there he will end all those whom served his purposes.

Thats the epitome of evil. A real puker.

Where did that come from? Certainly not the bible... perhaps Dante's Inferno? Or some other fictional literature?

Moreover, it has nothing at all to do with the OP-- the Lucifer character in the TV show is nothing like your rant.

I don't know why you bothered posting at all...

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Where did that come from? Certainly not the bible... perhaps Dante's Inferno? Or some other fictional literature?

Moreover, it has nothing at all to do with the OP-- the Lucifer character in the TV show is nothing like your rant.

The source material that this show is supposed to be based on DC's Hellblazer, Sandman and of course Lucifer.

Bob the Unbeliever

There are hollywood productions that depict the character just that way..

So freaking what? Go start your own freaking thread, then.

And its in the bible .

Again? So what? What YOU wrote most certainly IS NOT.

Nothing like the horse-exhaust you wrote.

Go start your own thread.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Irrelevant, but Tom Ellis is scrummy. I'd gladly dance into hell if he were the ruler. Woof!

Mindmaster

Premium Member

It's based on DC Comics Vertigo series stories, which include:

iZombie, Constantine, Lucifer, and Preacher.

Not the bible, lol. :D

Bob the Unbeliever

Been a long time fan of the show, it's good. Also, surprisingly dug the new Sabrina because they didn't PC-out the show and amped it up.

Oh yes-- I'm on the last episode of Part 1 with Sabrina. And yeah... no wimping out PC with that one. Quite good. Very dark.

Delicious. :)

Bob the Unbeliever

It's based on DC Comics Vertigo series stories, which include:

iZombie, Constantine, Lucifer, and Preacher.

Not the bible, lol. :D

Thanks, I did not know that. I like the Constantine character, loved the too short TV show, thought about reading the comic.

The show iZombie was good too-- watched while it was on.

As for the Preacher? I've not see that-- an unfamiliar character.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Also, surprisingly dug the new Sabrina because they didn't PC-out the show and amped it up.
Oh, I was avoiding it because I thought it would butcher the comic it was based on. But this post gives me hope.