• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The truth behind Ron Wyatt's archaeological discoveries.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Wyatt never produced any evidence.
Well, he sorta did.
Weak, but profitable, his vague pics and stories are evidence of a sort.
Compelling evidence, to people who are primed to believe.

And compelling evidence, however non-empirical, is the real definition of proof.
Tom

Ebionite

Educated people knew Wyatt was a joke long before he died.
Education and indoctrination are different things. It's not politically correct to show historical proof of deity, since modern democracy acts to replace deity as the dominant hierarchical model.

sooda

Veteran Member
Education and indoctrination are different things. It's not politically correct to show historical proof of deity, since modern democracy acts to replace deity as the dominant hierarchical model.

Wyatt had no proof of anything much less a deity. What are you talking about?

Wyatt was just another version of Hayseed Stevens who discovered the world's biggest oil reserve in Israel with a Bible and a water witch.. He never put down a borehole, but he bilked a lot of little old ladies out of their money over the next ten years.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Education and indoctrination are different things.
In what way?

I was educated from an early age that Jesus is Lord. I was also educated that Mother Mary was born without Original Sin.
Or, indoctrinated.

I was also educated in critical thinking.
Or indoctrinated.

Critical thinking won out in the battle for my mind, so now I believe that Jesus was a charismatic social reformer, in a primitive sort of way, but He's been dead and unimportant for about 2000 years.

Where do you draw the line between education and indoctrination? Please be specific.
Tom

Wandering Monk

This Wyatt guy has a pretty impressive record ;)

By the time of his death in 1999, Wyatt claimed to have discovered several sites and artifacts related to the Bible and biblical archaeology. These included:

sooda

Veteran Member
This Wyatt guy has a pretty impressive record ;)

By the time of his death in 1999, Wyatt claimed to have discovered several sites and artifacts related to the Bible and biblical archaeology. These included:

Ben Carson must be a Wyatt fan .. He claimed Joseph built the Pyramids to store grain.

Ebionite

Wyatt had no proof of anything much less a deity. What are you talking about?

Wyatt was just another version of Hayseed Stevens who discovered the world's biggest oil reserve in Israel with a Bible and a water witch.. He never put down a borehole, but he bilked a lot of little old ladies out of their money over the next ten years.
Did Hayseed Stevens ever produce physical evidence of his discovery? Wyatt did.

sooda

Veteran Member
You're avoiding the question.

First, let's debunk that famous rock formation. One of the most famous supposedly-Noah's-ark sites is the admittedly very boat-looking Durupinar site in the Mount Tendurek area in Turkey. According to Atlas Obscura, the site was exposed in the late 1940s after a series of earthquakes and storms.

Every Evangelical expedition finds THE ark.

The untold truth of Noah's ark - Grunge.com
www.grunge.com/145325/the-untold-truth-of-noahs-ark/