• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The truth about Jesus' Resurrection...

Bro Rando

The truth about Jesus' Resurrection...
Jesus...jpeg

The Bible says that Jesus “was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit.” (1 Peter 3:18)

Jesus was put to death, how? In the flesh.... here's one of several teachings of Jesus Christ. "I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread he will live forever; and for a fact, the bread that I will give is My Flesh in behalf of the life of the world." (John 6:51) So, if for a fact, Jesus gave his flesh in behalf of the life of the world, then proclaiming that he took back the flesh he sacrificed would be wholly inaccurate.

"So from now on we know no man from a fleshly viewpoint. Even if we once knew Christ according to the flesh, we certainly no longer know him in that way." (2 Corinthians 5:16)

So how was Jesus Christ resurrected? So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living person.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit." (1 Corinthians 15:45) Spirit creatures/angels, can manifest in the flesh, even eating and drinking with those who entertain them. "Do not forget hospitality, for through it some unknowingly entertained angels." (Hebrews 13:2)

Since Jesus became a life-giving sprit, he manifested in various fleshly bodies and many times without the wounds. Consider the account of Mary Magdalene, a faithful follower of Jesus Christ who went to the tomb for the purpose of dressing his wounds. Notice the account, "After saying this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus. Jesus said to her: “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you looking for?” She, thinking it was the gardener, said to him: “Sir, if you have carried him off, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away.” Jesus said to her: “Mary!” On turning around, she said to him in Hebrew:“Rab·boʹni!” (which means “Teacher!”) - John 20:14-16

Two points for Consideration at John 20:14-16

1. Obviously Jesus wasn't resurrected in the same flesh that was sacrificed.
  2. No Wounds, otherwise Mary Magdalene would have noticed who this person was...

Account continues: "Moreover, some women from among us also astonished us, for they went early to the tomb and when they did not find his body, they came saying that they had also seen a supernatural sight of angels, who said he is alive." (Luke 24:22-23)

Then some of those who were with us went off to the tomb, and they found it just as the women had said, but they did not see him.” So he (Jesus) said to them: “O senseless ones and slow of heart to believe all the things the prophets have spoken! Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and to enter into his glory?” And starting with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them things pertaining to himself in all the Scriptures. Finally they got close to the village to which they were traveling, and he made as if to travel on farther. But they urged him to remain, saying: “Stay with us, because it is almost evening and the day is nearly over.” With that he went in to stay with them. (Luke 24:24-30) Again, they did not see him because Jesus manifested in a different body with no wounds.

They only recognized him from the things he said and did. "And as he was dining with them, he took the bread, blessed it, broke it, and began handing it to them. At that their eyes were fully opened and they recognized him; but he disappeared from them." (Luke 24:31-32)

"And they got up in that very hour and returned to Jerusalem, and they found the Eleven and those assembled together with them, who said: “For a fact the Lord was raised up, and he appeared to Simon!” Then they related the events on the road and how he became known to them by the breaking of the bread." (Luke 23:33-35) We are not sure of how many Jesus appeared too but they were not of the Eleven Apostles, therefore it is possible to conclude that they were believers and may have been Lazarus and Simon the leper who was a Pharisee whom Jesus dined with just before his execution.
=========================================================================

Another account: "Then they remembered his words, and they returned from the tomb and reported all these things to the Eleven and to all the rest. They were Mary Magʹda·lene, Jo·anʹna, and Mary the mother of James. Also, the rest of the women with them were telling these things to the apostles. However, these sayings seemed like nonsense to them, and they would not believe the women." (Luke 24:8-11)

"But Thomas, one of the Twelve, who was called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples were telling him: “We have seen the Lord!” (John 20:24) Evidently, they all gave the same witness that Jesus appeared to them but in a different body without wounds. Notice Thomas did not ask to see Jesus' body, "But he said to them: “Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails and stick my finger into the print of the nails and stick my hand into his side, I will never believe it.” (John 20:25)

Well, eight days later his disciples were again indoors, and Thomas was with them. Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and he stood in their midst and said: “May you have peace.” Next he said to Thomas: “Put your finger here, and see my hands, and take your hand and stick it into my side, and stop doubting but believe.” (John 20:26-27)

Notice the following verses exist for the reason he was manifesting in different fleshly bodies. "To be sure, Jesus also performed many other signs before the disciples, which are not written down in this scroll. But these have been written down so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and because of believing, you may have life by means of his name." (John 20:30-31)
=========================================================================

Yet, another account:
Jesus appears again in a different body without wounds again! "However, just as day was breaking, Jesus stood on the beach, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. Then Jesus said to them: “Children, you do not have anything to eat, do you?” They answered: “No!” (John 21:4-5)

He said to them: “Cast the net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” So they cast it, but they were not able to haul it in because of the large number of fish. Then the disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter: “It is the Lord!” Now Simon Peter, on hearing that it was the Lord, put on his outer garment, for he was naked, and plunged into the sea." (John 21:6-7) Simon Peter plunging into the sea is 'an act of faith' my friends!

Jesus said to them: “Come, have your breakfast.” Not one of the disciples had the courage to ask him: “Who are you?” because they knew it was the Lord. Jesus came and took the bread and gave it to them, and the same with the fish. This was now the third time that Jesus appeared to the disciples after being raised up from the dead." (John 21:12-14)

Read more...