• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Truth About Easter Customs

Is Easter a real Christian holiday?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Who cares?!

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (I'll post my opinion)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

t3gah

James 5:19
My brethren, if any among you err from the truth, and one convert him;

[size=-1]James 5:20
let him know, that he who converteth a sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall cover a multitude of sins. [/size]

ASV

robtex

Veteran Member
t3gah said:
Poll Added: Is Easter a real Christian holiday?
By your definiton (and all those of identical opinions) no. But since you have already qualified your belief as such on all holidays and find that many reject it unilaterally does it not seem silly for you to keep propogating those beliefs on them that by do not aspire to segregation from celebration of humanity in the form of holidays? If you don't choose to celebrate anything that is used by man that is not connected with your beliefs so be it. You rejection of humanity (via its celebrations) is our rejection of your God. You and your God claim your mythical Edan and we will party on with our holidays.

t3gah

Deut. 32.8 said:
Let it go.
According to the rules one cannot just put up a link and leave it at that. Adherance to the code demanded that I put a real intro to this thread to replace the religiousforums.com link I put there after I deleted the copyrighted information.

I didn't notice the Thread Tool until last night that lets you add a Poll after the thread has already been established. And so for those who are interested now and in the future I posted that a Poll was added to the thread. Which I have done to all the threads I have that I thought would be a candidate to have a Poll on it.

SoulTYPE

t3gah said:
According to the rules one cannot just put up a link and leave it at that. Adherance to the code demanded that I put a real intro to this thread to replace the religiousforums.com link I put there after I deleted the copyrighted information.
But sometimes, enough is enough t3gah.

t3gah

SoulTYPE01 said:
But sometimes, enough is enough t3gah.
Well since this is a debate forum and I created this thread it's up to me to say when it's enough.

When I orignally posted this thread I did so with documents that cannot be posted on any Internet source which I wasn't aware of. Later on I deleted all of the content that was breaking the law and left only a link which was a definition to dictionary.com / christian. You may say whatever you want but since I could not delete the first message as it was the thread starter I had to put something there that matched my thread title. If you do not wish to debate it then don't.

This thread will be here for a long time. Someone else may want to participate in it if they find it using the search utility. I couldn't just leave it the way it was, now could I? What about the rules? Should I disregard them and get kicked off because you don't think I should put anything on the first post?

the statement 'enough is enough' reminds me of /ig <nick>

enough is enough? :tsk:

SoulTYPE

t3gah said:
Well since this is a debate forum and I created this thread it's up to me to say when it's enough.
Not entirely. It is up to Rex. And I do not know if you are debating or not.

t3gah said:
enough is enough? :tsk:
If I create a thread, and Rex or the LK say it's enough..can I still continue it because I started it?

SoulTYPE

Alright I should take that back. t3gah, I apologise for interfering (or hijacking as it has been called) your thread. Keep posting on this topic as much as you wish.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Quote [By the way, Jesus did tell his disciples to go out on the anniversary of his ressurection every year and hunt coloured eggs laid by a rabbit, however it was edited from the final draft to make the chapter less disjointed.]
Lady Lazarus,
Couldn't agree with you more; I even have a copy of the original draft which was bought to me one evening recently by a pixie; if you're interested, I can photocopy it for you..................

SoulTYPE

t3gah, what I meant was that this is not a debate. It seems to me that you are trying to enforce your belief of Easter onto others.