• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trump Effect & The New Democrats

Altfish

Veteran Member
I am glad to see that 2019 is starting out this way, these far left whack jobs are an endless source of amusement but unfortunately it says much about the people that elected them.
Hey, they are not half as funny as the right wing loons. They don't even have to be far right.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Do you apply the same standards to everyone?
Not necessarily since I certainly don't expect everyone to buy into Catholic teachings. However, what's called the "Golden Rule" ("Do unto others...") I pretty much do, and that includes myself.

We all screw up at times, and within basic Christian teachings there's a way of handling that, but I don't see Trump doing any repentance, and without repentance there is no forgiveness according to a basic Biblical teaching. I have yet to hear him say to someone that he's sorry.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Not necessarily since I certainly don't expect everyone to buy into Catholic teachings. However, what's called the "Golden Rule" ("Do unto others...") I pretty much do, and that includes myself.

We all screw up at times, and within basic Christian teachings there's a way of handling that, but I don't see Trump doing any repentance, and without repentance there is no forgiveness according to a basic Biblical teaching. I have yet to hear him say to someone that he's sorry.

God even told Samuel that only He knew what was in a man's heart. You think you know more than God?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
What do you mean "really"?

You're the one who posted:
How about time, dates, places, physical evidence, state trooper collaborations.​

Arkansas..Paula Jones...Kathleen Willey...Juanita Broderick...Jennifer Flowers,,,et. al.

metis

God even told Samuel that only He knew what was in a man's heart. You think you know more than God?
I never made any such claim, but the gospels have it that you can tell them by their fruits, so even though we cannot judge a person we can judge their actions.

How about you, namely are there any moral standards that you agree with and think that maybe some others should adhere to as well, or do you think that anything goes? If your wife committed adultery, is that all fine & dandy with you? It is with Trump. Is it acceptable to you if a man were to tell others that he can grope your wife and forcibly kiss here? It is with Trump. Need I go on?

Cooky

Veteran Member

A just refuse to judge people based on their past, sorry. I even befriended two men convicted of child sex crimes -it's none of my business whether they repented or not.

I, personally, respect every human being enough to offer an honest evaluation of whether good qualities exist or not -not ever to compare them or balance the good with the bad. I can only identify the good.

...I'm not saying that a Trump that nuked London would win my support, because that would erase every good thing he ever did, but what he "says" and what he "did" in the past, I can and do overlook.

But then, I don't know many others who think like I do in this regard. But that's how I am.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I never made any such claim, but the gospels have it that you can tell them by their fruits, so even though we cannot judge a person we can judge their actions.

How about you, namely are there any moral standards that you agree with and think that maybe some others should adhere to as well, or do you think that anything goes? If your wife committed adultery, is that all fine & dandy with you? It is with Trump. Is it acceptable to you if a man were to tell others that he can grope your wife and forcibly kiss here? It is with Trump. Need I go on?

Nope. None. If my wife were to commit adultery all the moral indignation in the world probably couldn't stop it. If some man told others he could violate my wife, could I stop him from saying it no matter how moral I am? However, if he tried we wouldn't be talking morals, we be talking butt kicking in some form or another. Most people tend to pick and choose there morality by how they feel about a person. How about you? Do you apply the same righteous indignation to every one the same way you wish to vilify Trump? Isn't this just part of your partisan agenda?

metis

A just refuse to judge people based on their past, sorry
I did not ask you or expect you to "judge people" but, instead, to judge Trump's words and actions based on the most basic Catholic/Judeo-Christian teachings. It's clearly your choice, but there is simply no way possible to take so many of Trump's words and action and fit it into these teachings. I'm certainly not his judge, nor yours, but I do believe certain basic morals count.

Anyhow, I'm moving on.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I did not ask you or expect you to "judge people" but, instead, to judge Trump's words and actions based on the most basic Catholic/Judeo-Christian teachings. It's clearly your choice, but there is simply no way possible to take so many of Trump's words and action and fit it into these teachings. I'm certainly not his judge, nor yours, but I do believe certain basic morals count.

Anyhow, I'm moving on.

Well, I thought it was good thought provoking conversation. Thanks for bringing it up regardless.

metis

Nope. None. If my wife were to commit adultery all the moral indignation in the world probably couldn't stop it. If some man told others he could violate my wife, could I stop him from saying it no matter how moral I am? However, if he tried we wouldn't be talking morals, we be talking butt kicking in some form or another.
Nice attempt at deflection as that is not in response to the question I asked, which had nothing to do with whether you could stop it or not. But your response in terms of "butt-kicking" does show that you would be offended, so you're running a double-standard here in that you simply don't show us the same concern about Trump's behavior.

Most people tend to pick and choose there morality by how they feel about a person. How about you? Do you apply the same righteous indignation to every one the same way you wish to vilify Trump?
I have said on numerous occasions that I felt Bill Clinton and Al Franken and one other Democrat recently should have resigned (I can't remember the latter's name).

Isn't this just part of your partisan agenda?
Not everyone here is "partisan" to the point of excusing immoral behavior, so your assumption above is simply based on moral bankruptcy in and of itself. Could you have stooped any lower? Hard to see how, BSM1. Are you next going to ask me "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?".

nuff!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nice attempt at deflection...
giphy.gif

Ignoring the theme to the thread in order to attack Trump
could be seen as deflection of the whataboutism variety.
And this obsession with Trump's not being Christian enuf?

ecco

Veteran Member
So how many voted for him after the scandal broke?
You're the one ignoring the theme of the OP, your
deflection thereby justifying not only bad behavior by the
New Democrats, but also indirectly excusing Trump's.
Our conversation was about your comment that 44,909,889 voted for [Bill Clinton] after the scandal broke.

I clearly showed that the scandal did not "break" to the general public until after the election. That's when you started tap dancing, poorly.

On the other hand, 62,984,828 voted for Trump after:
Trump denigrated John McCain.
He denigrated a handicapped reporter.
He belittled each of his opponents with names like "Little Marco" and "Crooked Cruz".
Trump bragged he grabbed women by the crotch.
Trump denigrated a Silver Star family.

I think that's more than enough to show there is a vast difference between Democrats acceptance of Bill Clinton and Trump supporters not caring anything about the lack of morals of Donald Trump.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Our conversation was about your comment that 44,909,889 voted for [Bill Clinton] after the scandal broke.

I clearly showed that the scandal did not "break" to the general public until after the election. That's when you started tap dancing, poorly.
Still beating that dead horse?
His various scandals did break before his election & re-election.
Ignorance of it would be due to the echo chamber effect.
Voters should broaden their news sources to include uncomfortable coverage.
Drudge gives me both left & right news.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Reading comprehension?
I recommend trying it.

Ya know...you persist in trying to make this about me.
You're deflecting from the issue of Democrats becoming
more & more like Trump in the worst way.

Alas, here you are, my favorite shoe brand, & you treat me thus.

ecco

Veteran Member
ecco:
What do you mean "really"?

You're the one who posted:
How about time, dates, places, physical evidence, state trooper collaborations.
Arkansas..Paula Jones...Kathleen Willey...Juanita Broderick...Jennifer Flowers,,,et. al.

Geez.

You wrote "collaborations".

Didn't you mean
cor·rob·o·rate
/kəˈräbəˌrāt/
verb
  1. confirm or give support to (a statement, theory, or finding).
    "the witness had corroborated the boy's account of the attack"
    synonyms: confirm, verify, endorse, ratify, authenticate, validate, certify; More
How many times do I have to show you?

ecco

Veteran Member
Do you apply the same righteous indignation to every one the same way you wish to vilify Trump?

Given that Trump is the only one who is President of the United States, nope, I just vilify him. Oh, and his sheeples.

ecco

Veteran Member
Still beating that dead horse?
If I stay on topic, you accuse me of beating a dead horse.

But, hypocritically, you accuse me of deflecting...

You're the one ignoring the theme of the OP...

Since you're conflicted, I'll stay on topic.

On the other hand, 62,984,828 voted for Trump after:
Trump denigrated John McCain.
He denigrated a handicapped reporter.
He belittled each of his opponents with names like "Little Marco" and "Crooked Cruz".
Trump bragged he grabbed women by the crotch.
Trump denigrated a Silver Star family.

I think that's more than enough to show there is a vast difference between Democrats acceptance of Bill Clinton and Trump supporters not caring anything about the lack of morals of Donald Trump.

ecco

Veteran Member
His various scandals did break before his election & re-election.
Ignorance of it would be due to the echo chamber effect.
Voters should broaden their news sources to include uncomfortable coverage.
Drudge gives me both left & right news.
Goody for you. Do you feel the same about Brietbart? How about
Triggered, the Federalist Radio Hour, Sean Spicer's Everything's going to be alright, Benson and Harf?