• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trump Administration believes in 'Herd Immunity supposedly practiced by Sweden

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The Trump Administration believes in 'Herd Immunity supposedly practiced by Sweden, but more deliberately than Sweden.

The Trump administration by their acts and policy. The refusal to wear masks and distancing by the administration particularly Trump and Pence signal as an example to support this strategy. The Republican governors of Florida and Georgia reinforce this view by there polices when their states are hot with the virus and increasing cases and fatalities. Kind of like a form of eugenics.

Trump urging on opposition demonstrations against the Democratic states further reinforces this, and adds a political motive.

more to follow . . .

Rational Agnostic

The Trump Administration believes in 'Herd Immunity supposedly practiced by Sweden, but more deliberately than Sweden.

The Trump administration by their acts and policy. The refusal to wear masks and distancing by the administration particularly Trump and Pence signal as an example to support this strategy. The Republican governors of Florida and Georgia reinforce this view by there polices when their states are hot with the virus and increasing cases and fatalities. Kind of like a form of eugenics.

Trump urging on opposition demonstrations against the Democratic states further reinforces this, and adds a political motive.

more to follow . . .

Experts have calculated that 250,000,000 will die from hunger by the end of the year due to the failed economy caused by the destruction of the global economy induced by the lockdowns. I say we reopen the economy and let COVID rip. It will be bad, but not as bad as the alternative. The problem is that people can't see beyond the end of their noses. They see the IMMEDIATE threat of the pandemic, and don't have the ability to understand that lockdowns have worse consequences in terms of loss of life over time. And, btw, all the lockdown is doing is PROLONGING the pandemic. It's not stopping it.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

more to follow . . .

Herd immunity has to be the inevitable conclusion to this, the only question being, how long do we continue to try to flatten the curve.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Experts have calculated that 250,000,000 will die from hunger by the end of the year due to the failed economy caused by the destruction of the global economy induced by the lockdowns. I say we reopen the economy and let COVID rip. It will be bad, but not as bad as the alternative. The problem is that people can't see beyond the end of their noses. They see the IMMEDIATE threat of the pandemic, and don't have the ability to understand that lockdowns have worse consequences in terms of loss of life over time. And, btw, all the lockdown is doing is PROLONGING the pandemic. It's not stopping it.
The big problem with that is people focus upon the now, but far less
on the future. So any deaths now due to re-opening things will be
blamed on the politicians. But the future lives saved will earn no credit.
We already see posters here blame Trump for every plague death here.

The future will eventually arrive.
I wonder how people will view starvation deaths?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

more to follow . . .
The underlined portions are rather speculative & extreme.
Do you really believe these claims...particularly about "eugenics"?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That does not say that 250m will die; it says that 265m will be pushed to the brink of starvation
That's true. But I suspect that's the source of where he got the idea of everyone dying from. But again, those will mainly be in countries Trump supporters don't care about because they're not white Europeans from good countries, like Norway.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh please. This lock down isn't permanent. The curve flattened, the medical community will be the first to act and to recommend what to open, first. Things will reopen in stages. 'Essential' workers are already exposed. Children will be last and will not be returning to school soon.

Rational Agnostic

That's true. But I suspect that's the source of where he got the idea of everyone dying from. But again, those will mainly be in countries Trump supporters don't care about because they're not white Europeans from good countries, like Norway.

Actually, it's the liberals that don't care about them, since they are the ones who want a long lockdown.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Actually, it's the liberals that don't care about them, since they are the ones who want a long lockdown.
The history of liberals spearheading aide initiatives for the sake of humanity to all the countries on Trump's ****hole list seems to say the opposite of that. :)

Rational Agnostic

That does not say that 250m will die; it says that 265m will be pushed to the brink of starvation

Is pushing 265 million people "to the brink of starvation" worth it to you? Not to me. Antibody testing already indicates that the mortality rate of COVID is 0.5%. That means that even if everyone in the world got it, far less than 265 million would die.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Herd immunity has to be the inevitable conclusion to this, the only question being, how long do we continue to try to flatten the curve.

In my posts in the past I already described this and predicted the current trend of the COVID 19 pandemic, and yes throughout the world, depending on when the infection started, each region an/or country follows a natural bell curve projection as I described which is the natural course of pandemics and virus infections in the past.

The problem is what are you willing to do to protect the elderly and the vulnerable, and reduce the fatalities and cases over time. The Trump position is "Let it burn baby, let it burn."

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The underlined portions are rather speculative & extreme.
Do you really believe these claims...particularly about "eugenics"?

Yes, I said like eugenics without consideration of the consequences. I believe the actions and policies of the Trump administration and that of the Republican governors is a clear withness to the facts supporting this argument.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Is pushing 265 million people "to the brink of starvation" worth it to you? Not to me. Antibody testing already indicates that the mortality rate of COVID is 0.5%. That means that even if everyone in the world got it, far less than 265 million would die.
Don't twist my words; you twisted the original post; I was correcting it.
Pre-Covid 19 half that many still suffered the same consequences; you are just trying to obscure the topic

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

more to follow . . .
It's not popular, but even I maintain that herd immunity is the best way to go collectively. If there's anything that goes beyond the expertise of any doctor or surgeon it would be our own biology.

That said, I wouldn't be prepared to just hand our most vulnerable over in the interest of making Soylent Green.

Proper health practices such as social distancing and mask-wearing would certainly buy enough time so they too can join in on equipping the antibody shield.

It's a pain but I can live with the mask and the distancing. but we can't lay underneath our beds forever while our infrastructure collapses around us.

The sooner we're out of it the better with fingers crossed that some kind of control or even cure will be developed soonest.

I salute Sweden for its approach. I would say they'd be among the first countries to recover back to normal.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes, I said like eugenics without consideration of the consequences. I believe the actions and policies of the Trump administration and that of the Republican governors is a clear withness to the facts supporting this argument.
I wouldn't go that far. it's a fact that most people even the most vulnerable and elderly have a better than 50% chance of surviving the virus. The odds will always be in favor of survival. Most of the deaths come from complications and not necessarily the virus itself. There's also demographics that one needs to consider when it comes to death rates as well.

If the Trump administration is against the protracted practice of social distancing, frequent hand-washing, and wearing masks, then I think there would a degree of legitimacy in criticizing the Trump administration in that regard.

Besides eugenics isn't really as evil as one might think when you consider that it is in the interest of preservation of traits that strengthen people not weaken them.

It's not like Trump is calling for the purposeful mass extermination of the biologically weak, as evidenced by the continuation of safety and health protocol to give them the best chance as humanly possible.

Like a lot of doctors are saying we're just vying for some time so that the hospitals can manage things and also get something developed by way of a control or a vaccine.

Rational Agnostic

Don't twist my words; you twisted the original post; I was correcting it.
Pre-Covid 19 half that many still suffered the same consequences; you are just trying to obscure the topic

So over 130 milllion additional people on the brink of starvation or 10-30 million people with severe symptoms from a viral illness. Both suck, but I'd vote for the latter because of both the smaller numbers AND the issue of years of life lost. Remember the median age at death from COVID in Italy was 79.5, and 99.2% of those sick had at least one underlying health condition. So, to put it bluntly, most people who die from COVID have one foot in the grave already. But starvation affects all age groups, and many who die of starvation are children with entire lives to live.