• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The true afterlife?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.....Our consciousness ceases to exist on the so-called death. It is the product of this brain and its experiences. What really dies is our consciousness. Nothing else dies.

I can agree that our consciousness dies at death being in harmony with Ecclesiastes 9:5 that the dead know nothing.
I find all of father Adam died when Adam returned to the dust of the ground as per Genesis 3:19.
So, in Scripture, Adam did Not come to life (consciousness) until after his God 'breathed the breath of life' into lifeless Adam.
Since Adam ' returned ' to lifelessness at death, then a person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before.
So, to me mankind started from non-life, then to life, and ' returns ' at death going back to non-life.
Having No life until resurrected back to life.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
So, to me mankind started from non-life, then to life, and 'returns' at death going back to non-life.
Unverified beliefs. Indian philosopher Brihaspati said:

"Yavat jivet sukham jivet, rinam kritva ghritam pibet;
bhasmibhutasya dehasya, punaragamanam kutah.
"
(Live happily while you are alive, even if it means taking loans to eat butter;
for once when the body is burnt (or buried), where is the coming back?)

Brihaspati lived before Buddha's time. The followers of his philosophy were known as 'Charvaks'.