• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trinity

Sonofason

So then, is what you are saying is that Jesus has the spirit of a man, and that he merely became like God?
No way. I'm suggesting that Jesus the man had a spirit just like any other man, but that His spirit cannot be easily differentiated from the Spirit of God because their Spirits are and always were in such unity as to be utterly indistinguishable. Jesus has always existed in God, and as such we may certainly identify Him as God. It is as He said, He and The Father are One.

Yes, the Spirit of God can reside in us. The Spirit of God does reside in those He saves..
Of course.

Yes, we become like God. We become like CHRIST.
Of course.
Notice that you said the Spirit of Christ, and the Spirit of God. Thus, you are calling the Spirit of Jesus the Spirit of Christ who is the Spirit of God. Is that not what you have just said?
Jesus’ Spirit is the Spirit of Christ who is the Spirit of God. There is only One Spirit.
If there is only One Spirit, then what is the spirit of Antichrist? What is my spirit? Can we distinguish the spirit of one woman from that of another woman? If we humans could be like Christ, God's Son, I don't believe that we could distinguish our own spirits from God's Spirit. When we fully prostrate our own spirits to God and Christ, we, our spirits become dead and we then embody the Spirit of God.

For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

Of course, in God, in Christ, there is only One Spirit.

Jesus says “another” so that no one thinks that Jesus is speaking of himself in the flesh.
Jesus says that if we obey, then the Father and Jesus will live with us. How do you think that the Father and Jesus will live inside us? They are One and the same that is how.
Jesus says that he himself will live in us.
Since there is only One Spirit, that One Spirit is also the Spirit of Jesus Christ.
The Spirit of God, the Spirit of Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are three, and the three are One and the same
I completely agree.

moorea944

Jesus had no beginning! There is no Scripture that says He had a beginning. He was there in the beginning.

"In the beginning WAS the Word. The Word WAS with God. The Word WAS God (John 1:1).

A thorough, unbiased study of the verse in Greek is needed.

John 1:1 en arch hn o logoV kai o logoV hn proV ton qeon kai qeoV hn o logoV

The form of the verb EIMI ("to be") here is HN ("WAS"). It is in the "imperfect" tense. The imperfect bears the sense of "continuous or linear existence in past time." The use of this tense is significant. It tells us that in the time period in question ("The Beginning"), the Logos was in continuous existence. That is, there is no hint of His coming INTO existence in this time period.

When John uses this tense in the context of "the Beginning," He is teaching that the Logos pre-existed all creation. This is the force of the imperfect form of EIMI. There is no hint in John's language that the Logos was created. John could easily have used a form of the verb EGENTO ("to become") as he does in verse 14, had he wished to do so. Instead, he consciously echoes the language of Genesis 1:1, and places the Logos in that same creation event. But, while EN ARXEi EGENTO hO LOGOS would teach without question that the Logos came to be in the beginning, what John actually wrote - EN ARXEi HN hO LOGOS - teaches that the Logos was already there.

Jesus had no beginning? I must be reading the wrong bible. The bible that I read, it tells us that he did have a beginning. He was born. God was his Father. "Today, I have begotten thee."

John 1 is about God's plans. Logos is someone's plans, reasons or thoughts. And that was there with God at the beginning. Then in verse 14, God's plans became flesh. Jesus. Jesus is God's Son.

Col 1 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creation." "Every creation" is the second creation that Paul talks about. Not the first. Symbollic creation with Christ. He is first fruits of the dead and resurrection.

Also in verse 3 "We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" This is just one of many verses that tells us that Jesus is not co-equal. God is the God and father of Jesus.

If you truly care about truth, then I would suggest you contact a Greek language expert, one who is not biased, one who will not tell you what you want to hear, but one who will speak the truth to the best of his/her ability.

Blessings,

Katie

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
No way. I'm suggesting that Jesus the man had a spirit just like any other man, but that His spirit cannot be easily differentiated from the Spirit of God because their Spirits are and always were in such unity as to be utterly indistinguishable. Jesus has always existed in God, and as such we may certainly identify Him as God. It is as He said, He and The Father are One.
I believe that Jesus’ Spirit is God’s Spirit. Jesus could not just have the spirit of a man, for then that would make two different Spirits; the scriptures say that there is only one Spirit. Not only that, Jesus says that he himself will live in us. Those saved are not given the Spirit of a man; we are given the Spirit of Jesus.
If there is only One Spirit, then what is the spirit of Antichrist?
The bible says there is only One Spirit. I am speaking about God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
What is my spirit? Can we distinguish the spirit of one woman from that of another woman?
Of course, we can distinguish the spirit of one over another. Our spirits are us.
If we humans could be like Christ, God's Son, I don't believe that we could distinguish our own spirits from God's Spirit. When we fully prostrate our own spirits to God and Christ, we, our spirits become dead and we then embody the Spirit of God.
I do not believe our spirits die. We die from living to only pleasing our flesh. Our spirits are made alive by obeying Jesus.

Sonofason

I believe that Jesus’ Spirit is God’s Spirit. Jesus could not just have the spirit of a man, for then that would make two different Spirits; the scriptures say that there is only one Spirit. Not only that, Jesus says that he himself will live in us. Those saved are not given the Spirit of a man; we are given the Spirit of Jesus.
Are you saying that an unsaved man has no spirit? It most certainly be true that Jesus had the spirit of a man and also the spirit of God, and that the two spirits are One spirit. Remember one number 1 plus one number 1 is equal to one number that is 2 The number 2 is one number. The two become one. If you want you can look at it this way, both numbers combined have always been one number.

The bible says there is only One Spirit. I am speaking about God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
If you are speaking of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, I only ask that you respond to a former question I asked which you neglected to answer. Who was the "another Comforter" Jesus spoke of in John 14:15-17? Here, I'll ask it in the context that I originally asked:

From post 3301, Sonofason had written:
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
(John 14:15-17)

Who is this "another Comforter" that Jesus is referring to. He says it like it is not exactly Himself, but someone else, "another Comforter" Who is this Comforter, this Spirit of Truth that Jesus is referring to? Why does He not say I will send you "My" spirit to comfort you?

Yes continues:
Of course, we can distinguish the spirit of one over another. Our spirits are us.
I agree so why did Jesus pray to Himself?

I do not believe our spirits die. We die from living to only pleasing our flesh. Our spirits are made alive by obeying Jesus.

When Jesus was on the cross, he prayed to the Father. He said, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do".

Why did he not simply say, Oh you sinners, I forgive you for you know not what you do.

Yes

Are you saying that an unsaved man has no spirit?
I am not saying that. However, a saved man's spirit is given more life...we become children of light. We become light in the Lord.
It most certainly be true that Jesus had the spirit of a man and also the spirit of God, and that the two spirits are One spirit. Remember one number 1 plus one number 1 is equal to one number that is 2 The number 2 is one number. The two become one. If you want you can look at it this way, both numbers combined have always been one number.
The scriptures say there is only one Spirit. The scriptures don’t say there are two Spirits that make one.
In addition, we are not given the spirit of a man when we are saved. We are given Jesus’ Spirit, which is God’s Spirit, who is called the Holy Spirit.
If you are speaking of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, I only ask that you respond to a former question I asked which you neglected to answer. Who was the "another Comforter" Jesus spoke of in John 14:15-17? Here, I'll ask it in the context that I originally asked:
I already explained it. I will explain it again, even simpler…the “another Comforter” is the other form…Jesus without the body.

John 14:16
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jesus says that to his disciples. Jesus says the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Jesus is the One who was living with them. Jesus is the One who will be in them. Jesus tells them, “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.” Jesus comes to us and lives with those he saves.

Jesus said that he would send another comforter, the Holy Spirit. He also said that he would not leave them as orphans that HE WILL COME TO THEM.

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

This is at the time Jesus told them that he would send them another comforter. Jesus explains to them that it is HE.

From post 3301, Sonofason had written:
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
(John 14:15-17)

Who is this "another Comforter" that Jesus is referring to. He says it like it is not exactly Himself, but someone else, "another Comforter" Who is this Comforter, this Spirit of Truth that Jesus is referring to? Why does He not say I will send you "My" spirit to comfort you?
I will explain it even further. Read this scripture:

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Did you read that? Jesus says HIS FATHER AND HE WILL MAKE THEIR HOME with the one who obeys him.
How do you think the Father and Jesus will make their home with us if we are only given one Spirit? That scripture reveals that the Father and Jesus are the same.
I agree so why did Jesus pray to Himself?
Because Jesus is God come as a Son. Who else would Jesus pray to if not to God?
When Jesus was on the cross, he prayed to the Father. He said, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do".

Why did he not simply say, Oh you sinners, I forgive you for you know not what you do.
Jesus is the Way. Jesus is showing us the way.

Last edited:

Sonofason

I am not saying that. However, a saved man's spirit is given more life...we become children of light. We become light in the Lord.

The scriptures say there is only one Spirit. The scriptures don’t say there are two Spirits that make one.
In addition, we are not given the spirit of a man when we are saved. We are given Jesus’ Spirit, which is God’s Spirit, who is called the Holy Spirit.

I already explained it. I will explain it again, even simpler…the “another Comforter” is the other form…Jesus without the body.

John 14:16
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jesus says that to his disciples. Jesus says the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Jesus is the One who was living with them. Jesus is the One who will be in them. Jesus tells them, “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.” Jesus comes to us and lives with those he saves.

Jesus said that he would send another comforter, the Holy Spirit. He also said that he would not leave them as orphans that HE WILL COME TO THEM.

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

This is at the time Jesus told them that he would send them another comforter. Jesus explains to them that it is HE.

I will explain it even further. Read this scripture:

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Did you read that? Jesus says HIS FATHER AND HE WILL MAKE THEIR HOME with the one who obeys him.
How do you think the Father and Jesus will make their home with us if we are only given one Spirit? That scripture reveals that the Father and Jesus are the same.

Because Jesus is God come as a Son. Who else would Jesus pray to if not to God?

Jesus is the Way. Jesus is showing us the way.
Well, I suppose we do have some disagreements after-all.
Perhaps you can explain what Jesus says here:
"Father, INTO YOUR HANDS I COMMIT MY SPIRIT."
(Luke 23:46)

Yes

"Father, INTO YOUR HANDS I COMMIT MY SPIRIT."
(Luke 23:46)
Jesus' Spirit is God's Spirit.

After Jesus died on the cross, he went in his Spirit to preach the gospel to the spirits of those in prison.

Jesus then raised himself.

Jesus raising himself shows us that Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit.

Not only that...the Bible says Jesus is the Spirit.

Yes

I have answered your questions, and even replied to your comments and explanations, but you have not done so with me.

I have some questions for you.

Who is our Redeemer, God or Jesus?

Who is our Husband, God or Jesus?

Who is our Rock, God or Jesus?

Who gives life, God, Jesus, or the Spirit?

Who lives in believers, God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit?

Whose commands are they, God's commands, or Jesus' commands?

Who sends the Holy Spirit, God, or Jesus?

Who pours out the Holy Spirit, God, or Jesus?

Do we live through the Holy Spirit, or do we live through Jesus?

Who circumcises our hearts, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit?

Does the Holy Spirit intercede for us, or does Jesus intercede for us?

Is Jesus the truth, or is the Holy Spirit the truth?

Who sanctifies us, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit?

Sonofason

I have answered your questions, and even replied to your comments and explanations, but you have not done so with me. I have some questions for you.
I will be happy to answer your questions to the best of my ability. It will be interesting to see if our little game brings us closer together, or alienates us one from another.

God is our Redeemer

The Lamb of God is our betrothed. We are the bride of Christ.

God and Jesus is our Rock

God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit give us life.

God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit live in us.

They are all God and Christ's commands.

God and Jesus can send the Holy Spirit

God pours out the Holy Spirit

We live in Christ through the Holy Spirit
God circumcises our hearts
Jesus and the Holy Spirit both intercede for us, according to the will of God.
Jesus is the truth, the Holy Spirit is the truth, and God is truth.

Who sanctifies us, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit?
We are sanctified by Jesus, We are sanctified by the Holy Spirit. We are sanctified by God
And if we are an unbelieving spouse, we can even be sanctified by our believing spouses by the power invested in believers by God.[/QUOTE]

kjw47

Once again, you ignore my post. You do not address a single point.

I did address it --- I showed you where the---darkness--- have the trinity teachers hearts in its grasp--the same occurred to Gods chosen scholared theologians concerning Jesus in his day. -- Darkness

kjw47

Jesus is God come as a Man in the flesh. God did not pretend to come as a Man; God really came as a Man.

Here Jesus is showing the exact opposite of your belief --when at John 20:17--Jesus assures all--our God right then---was still in heaven.

kjw47

All humans have sinned.

Jesus was no mere human, for he was without sin.

Jesus experienced temptation for us so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.

Satan wouldn't have bothered tempting--God. God could never fail--Jesus could have failed( justice)---made lower than the angels--MORTAL--but sinless.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
I did address it --- I showed you where the---darkness--- have the trinity teachers hearts in its grasp--the same occurred to Gods chosen scholared theologians concerning Jesus in his day. -- Darkness
No you didn't address my points at all. You just keep repeating the same things never answering questions or dealing with verses or their languages and meanings.

Reactions: Yes

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Satan wouldn't have bothered tempting--God. God could never fail--Jesus could have failed( justice)---made lower than the angels--MORTAL--but sinless.
Are you kidding? Satan never tempted God? Then explain this.

Jesus said to him again, 'It hath been written, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God."

Yes

I will be happy to answer your questions to the best of my ability. It will be interesting to see if our little game brings us closer together, or alienates us one from another.
I don’t think that I would call it a game though. I asked you these questions in hopes to show you that in all those questions, we have in the Holy Bible, interchangeably God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Just think about that for a while. That proves they are the same.
God is our Redeemer
Actually, we have scriptures that say God is our Redeemer, and scriptures that say Jesus is our Redeemer.
This is proof that they are the same.
God is the Redeemer
Psalm 78:35 They remembered that God was their Rock, that God Most High was their Redeemer.
Isaiah 48:17
This is what the LORD says-- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.
Isaiah 54:8
In a surge of anger I hid my face from you for a moment, but with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you," says the LORD your Redeemer.
Jesus is the Redeemer
Luke 1:68
“Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come to his people and redeemed them.
Galatians 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”
Galatians 3:14
He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.
The Lamb of God is our betrothed. We are the bride of Christ.
God is our husband
Isaiah 54:5 For your Maker is your husband-- the LORD Almighty is his name-- the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth.
Jeremiah 3:14
"Return, faithless people," declares the LORD, "for I am your husband. I will choose you--one from a town and two from a clan--and bring you to Zion.
Hosea 2:16
"In that day," declares the LORD, "you will call me 'my husband'; you will no longer call me 'my master.'
Christ is our husband

2 Corinthians 11:2
I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him.
God and Jesus is our Rock
That is right, God is our Rock, and Jesus is our Rock.
Psalm 31:2
Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.
Psalm 31:3
Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
Psalm 42:9
I say to God my Rock, "Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?
Jesus is the rock
Romans 9:33
As it is written: “See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who believes in him will never be put to shame.”
1 Corinthians 10:4
and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.
1 Peter 2:8
and, “A stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall.” They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.
God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit give us life.
That is right. The Spirit gives life, 2 Corinthians 3:6
God gives life, see John 5:21.
Jesus gives life, see John 5:21.
God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit live in us.
God the Father lives in believers.
God the Father lives in believers, John 14:23.
Again, the Spirit of God lives in believers. Romans 8:9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.
Again, the Spirit of God lives in believers. 2 Corinthians 6:16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."
1 Corinthians 3:16 Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?
The Spirit of Jesus Christ lives in us.
Ephesians 3:17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,
God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."

Ephesians 3:17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,
Philippians 1:19 for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance.
The Holy Spirit lives in us.
The Holy Spirit lives in us, 1 Corinthians 3:16.
2 Timothy 1:14
Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.

Continued...

moorea944

God is our ulitimate saviour, but now he does it thru His Son. God is the rock, but now, Christ is too. God has given everything to His son. That still doesnt make him God!!! Jesus has been "given" everything by God, his Father.

Yes

They are all God and Christ's commands.
That is right.

They are God’s commands

They are God’s commands.

1 John 5:3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

They are Jesus’ commands.

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."
God and Jesus can send the Holy Spirit
That is right.

God sends the Holy Spirit

Galatians 4:6 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." And John 14:26.

Jesus sends the Holy Spirit.

Luke 24:49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high." And John 15:26; 16:7.
God pours out the Holy Spirit
God pours out the Holy Spirit.

Titus 3:5, 6 He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, And Acts 2:18.

Jesus pours out the Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

God pours out the Holy Spirit THROUGH JESUS. See Titus 3:6. whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior,

God pours out the Holy Spirit THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT. God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. See Romans 5:5.

We live in Christ through the Holy Spirit
We live through the Holy Spirit.

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Galatians 5:25

We live through Jesus.

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 1 John 4:9
God circumcises our hearts
Jesus circumcises our hearts

Colossians 2:11 In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ,

The Holy Spirit circumcises our hearts

Romans 2:29No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God.
Jesus and the Holy Spirit both intercede for us, according to the will of God.
That is right.

The Spirit intercedes for us. See Romans 8:26, 27.

Jesus intercedes for us. See Hebrews 7:25, Romans 8:34.

Jesus is the truth, the Holy Spirit is the truth, and God is truth.
That is right.

We receive the Spirit of truth see John 14:16; 15:26; 16:13; 1 John 4:6; 5:6.
Jesus is the Truth, see John 14:6; John 1:14, 17.

All these scriptures reveal to us that God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit are One and the same.

Yes

God is our ulitimate saviour, but now he does it thru His Son. God is the rock, but now, Christ is too. God has given everything to His son. That still doesnt make him God!!! Jesus has been "given" everything by God, his Father.
THE SCRIPTURES IN THE NEW TESTAMENT use God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit interchangeably, this proves that they are One and the same.

Yes

GOD is our Savior: Jude 1:25 to the only God our Savior be glory,

Jesus is our God and Savior: Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Yes

Jesus experienced life as a Man for us.
Jesus obeyed his Father, and for that, he remains in His Father's love. Just as we are to obey Jesus, so that we can remain in God's love.

John 15:10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love.