• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The trinity?????

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
If you are a trinitarian I have a question for you.
We know that God knows all things, is all powerful, and is eternal.

I also know that all 3 persons of the trinity are fully god meaning they all have these attributes that make them fully god.
according to matthew 24:36 "only the father knows the day and the hour"
I can understand jesus had 2 natures, but if the holy spirit is god, why does he not know the day or the hour if he did not take on flesh?
Sounds like over analysis to me. The right hand does not always know what the left hand is saying. It should not all be taken that literally and expecting different verses to all merge perfectly. This just sounds like nit-picking.

anonymous9887

bible reader
Like the diagram, your remark here is seriously flawed. What does it mean to be "fully god"?
100% god
To be 100% god means that you know all things, are almighty, and present everywhere.
These are the qualities that make one god.
anything less and how can you be called god?

allfoak

Alchemist
Father - Mind
Mother - Spirit
Son - Man - Life

The true trinity has been hidden from the general population because it exposes the false teaching of the jesus - god.
The trinity is, like everything else, hidden in plain sight.

The trinity is the secret of secrets.
It points the way to the kingdom.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I also know that all 3 persons of the trinity are fully god meaning they all have these attributes that make them fully god.
I can understand jesus had 2 natures, but if the holy spirit is god, why does he not know the day or the hour if he did not take on flesh?

I believe the nature of the Paraclete is that it enters the body so it is liimited by temporality as was Jesus.

Skwim

Veteran Member
100% god
To be 100% god means that you know all things, are almighty, and present everywhere.
These are the qualities that make one god.
anything less and how can you be called god?

To be 100% something means that one is comprised all it's constituent parts. So if one is 100% god then there is no part of god that your are not. If god is made up of parts ,1,2,3,4,5,6, and 7, then you would comprise parts 1,2,3,4,5,6, and 7. You couldn't be god and only comprise parts 1,2,3,5,6 and 7. So when you say that " they (the father, son, and holy ghost) are separate persons. But they are all still fully god. this implies that if the son, for instances, is fully god then he is also the father, and the holy ghost. because they are essential parts of god. For the son to be god but missing parts father and holy ghost implies that he is something less than a full god. He would not be fully god.

Last edited:

anonymous9887

bible reader
To be 100% something means that one is comprised all it's constituent parts. So if one is 100% god then there is no part of god that your are not. If god is made up of parts ,1,2,3,4,5,6, and 7, then you would comprise parts 1,2,3,4,5,6, and 7. You couldn't be god and only comprise parts 1,2,3,5,6 and 7. So when you say that " they (the father, son, and holy ghost) are separate persons. But they are all still fully god. this implies that if the son, for instances, is fully god then he is also the father, and the holy ghost. because they are essential parts of god. For the son to be god but missing parts father and holy ghost implies that he is something less than a full god. He would not be fully god.
Exactly my point if the holy spirit lacks being all knowing, then he cannot be called god.
I like your illustration by the way. Great way to put it.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Exactly my point if the holy spirit lacks being all knowing, then he cannot be called god.
But you said

"This just means that they [one of which is the holy spirit] are separate persons. But they [one of which is the holy spirit] are all still fully god."

In other words, the holy spirit, although not omniscient, a characteristic of a full god, is still a full god anyway.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Like most things regarding Christianity (and religion in general), it's about symbolism, imagery, and emotional impact, not about logic or reason.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Like most things regarding Christianity (and religion in general), it's about symbolism, imagery, and emotional impact, not about logic or reason.
But the trinity is said to be more than symbolism or imagery. It's said to be a fact.

anonymous9887

bible reader
But you said

"This just means that they [one of which is the holy spirit] are separate persons. But they [one of which is the holy spirit] are all still fully god."

In other words, the holy spirit, although not omniscient, a characteristic of a full god, is still a full god anyway.
Well you would have to say why he is still fully god even though he does not now all things.

Norman

Defender of Truth

Norman: Hi Paul Chavez, the "Trinity" three entities into one person is not in the Bible. People who believe in the trinity have to interpolate it into the scriptures and
that is what they do. The Godhead consist of God the Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost does not have a physical body but is spirit.

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Acts 8:17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

The sign of the dove, as an emblem for the Holy Ghost, was a pre-appointed signal by which John knew he was to recognize that he had baptized the Son of God (see John 1:29–34). At the time of the baptism of Jesus, John saw the sign and heard the voice of the Father bearing record that Jesus was the Beloved Son, in whom the Father was well pleased (Matt. 3:13–17).

Norman

Defender of Truth

Norman: Hi Paul Chavez,
Matthew 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, 2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. 3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him. 4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. 5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

On the mountain, seven people was there, God came in a cloud and spoke to the others baring witness of his son.

Norman

Defender of Truth
Which is what you claim. So, explain it. Explain how the holy spirit can be fully god while not being fully god.

Norman: Hi Skwim, the Holy Spirit Is not God, Even Jesus had the Holy Ghost which is a personage without a physical body. Even Jesus needed the Holy Ghost.
Luke 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,