• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the trinity, what do you believe?

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Do you believe

1. God is only one being shared by three persons

or

2. God is three beings in one being?

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it depends on what part of the elephant on is touching.

I suppose pragmatically, one would see the Trinity as option 2, while absolutely, one may see it as option 1.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What do you believe about the trinity? Many christians om this forum have very different beliefs about the trinity.

1. That God is only one Being shared by three persons

2. That God is three beings in one being

3. That God is three beings who not share one being. The three beings only share the same divine dna.

4. That God is one being and three persons and one person at the same time

5. That God is one being and one person who manifests himself to us in three different ways
That I do not know :) i can not answer until i know God fully by heart, something I currently do not do:)

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Do you believe

or

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it is secretive. I think it is one omnipresent God described three ways, and the terminology of 'Persons' hides this. The three persons are perhaps three points being made. There could be many points being made, but here are examples. One thing about the holy spirit is that no one can dictate who may receive it. One thing about the son is that sons inherit, so whoever the holy spirit goes into may inherit divine attributes.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
That I do not know :) i can not answer until i know God fully by heart, something I currently do not do:)
It's impossible to know God completely, as in His essence, but I still am convinced of some things, such as God does not have three parts. This is due to revelation. We can know his qualities, which Baha'is call attributes. They live within us.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Do you believe

or

I'm finding it hard to distnguish between the two. I say no in either case. There is a trinity, as follows:

All created things are resplendent signs of God. For instance, the rays of the sun shine upon all earthly things, yet the light that falls upon the plains, the mountains, the trees and fruits is only in such measure as to make them visible, to ensure their growth, and to cause them to attain the object of their existence. The Perfect Man, however, is even as a clear mirror in which the Sun of Truth is revealed and manifested in the fullness of its attributes and perfections. Thus the reality of Christ was a bright and polished mirror of the greatest purity and clarity. The Sun of Truth, the Essence of the Divinity, appeared in that mirror and manifested its light and heat therein, yet it did not descend from the heights of holiness and the heaven of sanctity to reside within it. No, it continues to abide in its loftiness and sublimity, but has been revealed and manifested in the mirror in all its beauty and perfection.
‘Abdu’l-Bahá, "Some Answered Questions", 27.5

Now, if we were to say that we have beheld the Sun in two mirrors — one Christ and the other the Holy Spirit — or, in other words, that we have seen three Suns — one in heaven and two upon the earth — we would be speaking the truth. And if we were to say that there is only one Sun, that it is absolute singleness, and that it has no peer or partner, we would again be speaking the truth.
‘Abdu’l-Bahá, "Some Answered Questions", 27.6

The purport of our words is that the reality of Christ was a clear mirror wherein the Sun of Truth — that is, the divine Essence — appeared and shone forth with infinite perfections and attributes. It is not that the Sun, which is the Essence of the Divinity, was ever divided or multiplied — for it remains one — but it became manifest in the mirror. That is why Christ said, “The Father is in the Son”, meaning that that Sun is manifest and visible in this mirror.
‘Abdu’l-Bahá, "Some Answered Questions", 27.7

The Holy Spirit is the outpouring grace of God which was revealed and manifested in the reality of Christ. Prophethood is the station of the heart of Christ, and the Holy Spirit is the station of His spirit. It is thus evident and established that the Essence of the Divinity is absolute oneness and has no peer, equal, or likeness.
‘Abdu’l-Bahá, "Some Answered Questions", 27.8

This is the true meaning of the three Persons of the Trinity. Otherwise, the foundations of the religion of God would rest upon an illogical proposition which no mind could ever conceive, and how could the mind be required to believe a thing which it cannot conceive? Such a thing could not be grasped by human reason — how much less be clothed in an intelligible form — but would remain sheer fancy.
‘Abdu’l-Bahá, "Some Answered Questions", 27.9