• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The trinity of three scriptures destroys the myth of the Trinity:

Should Christians Believe in False Doctrines?

• Total voters

Hope

Princesinha
Oh, and Jesus is actually quoting Scripture when He cries out about God forsaking Him. It isn't evidence of doubts. ;) He knew!

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Hope said:
The very essence of the Trinity is that God is Three Persons in One. Every argument I have come across against this is based on thinking 'in the box' as opposed to thinking 'outside the box.'
This is not the very essence of the Trinity, this is the misconception brought on by a patriarchal society. When God created Adam & Eve, 'let us make man in our image, male and female he made them'. The two shall become one (haveing babies) The true nature of the Trinity is FATHER/MOTHER/CHILD.

The holy spirit is the divine feminine. The trinity is not Male God, Male Child, Holy Ghost (also male). The essence of God is man/woman/child, and the love that is all of that.

Many cling to the fact that twice in the bible Jesus is referred to as the Son of God, and what they refuse to see is that 81 times he refers to himself and the Son of Man. Referring to him as 'in the flesh', is also repeated as more emphasis that Jesus is human, with a spirit connected to God.

When Jesus uses the term 'I am', he is declaring God within him. How many times do you say 'I am'. You are also declaring God within you, and aren't even aware of it. Jesus was aware, and did everything he could to help us be aware that God is within us. Not some big unknown thing up in the sky waiting to throw lightening bolts.

njcl

the holy spirit is feminine??.................the holy spirit is refered to as HE in the new testament and having heard his voice i can assure you it is of male tone

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
njcl said:
the holy spirit is feminine??.................the holy spirit is refered to as HE in the new testament and having heard his voice i can assure you it is of male tone
The new testament was writen by men who were schovanistic. (not that it was their fault, it's just the way things were back then.) And I could be wrong, but I do not think the gender of the The Holy Spirit is ever disclosed.

But as long as man continues to deny that God is equally male and female, they deny half of God's true self. It would be impossible to understand a person if you did not understand that they do not have just those attributes of a Man, but also of a woman, and also that of a child.

Hope

Princesinha
EnhancedSpirit said:
This is not the very essence of the Trinity, this is the misconception brought on by a patriarchal society. When God created Adam & Eve, 'let us make man in our image, male and female he made them'. The two shall become one (haveing babies) The true nature of the Trinity is FATHER/MOTHER/CHILD.

The holy spirit is the divine feminine. The trinity is not Male God, Male Child, Holy Ghost (also male). The essence of God is man/woman/child, and the love that is all of that.

Many cling to the fact that twice in the bible Jesus is referred to as the Son of God, and what they refuse to see is that 81 times he refers to himself and the Son of Man. Referring to him as 'in the flesh', is also repeated as more emphasis that Jesus is human, with a spirit connected to God.

When Jesus uses the term 'I am', he is declaring God within him. How many times do you say 'I am'. You are also declaring God within you, and aren't even aware of it. Jesus was aware, and did everything he could to help us be aware that God is within us. Not some big unknown thing up in the sky waiting to throw lightening bolts.
I think every Christian would disagree with you about the essence of the Trinity. But think what you wish.

As far as the the whole feminine thing goes---here's my take: God, according to human classifications anyway, really has no gender. He, the very creator of the genders, encompasses all the qualities of both genders. I think we were created male and female to showcase different aspects of God. Personifying Him as a He really has nothing to do with what our human minds think of when we think 'male.' He is beyond male, beyond female. Once again, we must 'think outside the box' with God.

You obviously missed my point about Jesus coming in the flesh. You are right when you say Jesus was human! I and every Christian agree with you!! That is not where we differ. He was human and God at the same time. Does it make sense? No. But the nature of God is not up to us! John stressed 'in the flesh' because believing Jesus is God in the flesh is at the heart of a Christian's faith. One is not truly a believer unless one believes this. That was my point.

As far as the whole 'I am' thing goes, generally I do not walk around saying 'I am' and nothing more. I say 'I am this...' or 'I am that...'---there is always something attached to it, to clarify my 'I am.' God refers to Himself as the great 'I AM.' He doesn't need to clarify it, because by calling Himself that He is showing us His nature: that One who simply is, has always been, and always will be. He has no beginning, and no end. He is, because He is. End of story. Jesus used this phrase 'I am' in contexts that made it clear He was the self-sustaining, ever-existing, great I AM. Thus, God. There is a specific verse which I will find later, that makes this abundantly clear.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Hope said:
I think every Christian would disagree with you about the essence of the Trinity. But think what you wish.

As far as the the whole feminine thing goes---here's my take: God, according to human classifications anyway, really has no gender. He, the very creator of the genders, encompasses all the qualities of both genders. I think we were created male and female to showcase different aspects of God. Personifying Him as a He really has nothing to do with what our human minds think of when we think 'male.' He is beyond male, beyond female. Once again, we must 'think outside the box' with God.

You obviously missed my point about Jesus coming in the flesh. You are right when you say Jesus was human! I and every Christian agree with you!! That is not where we differ. He was human and God at the same time. Does it make sense? No. But the nature of God is not up to us! John stressed 'in the flesh' because believing Jesus is God in the flesh is at the heart of a Christian's faith. One is not truly a believer unless one believes this. That was my point.

As far as the whole 'I am' thing goes, generally I do not walk around saying 'I am' and nothing more. I say 'I am this...' or 'I am that...'---there is always something attached to it, to clarify my 'I am.' God refers to Himself as the great 'I AM.' He doesn't need to clarify it, because by calling Himself that He is showing us His nature: that One who simply is, has always been, and always will be. He has no beginning, and no end. He is, because He is. End of story. Jesus used this phrase 'I am' in contexts that made it clear He was the self-sustaining, ever-existing, great I AM. Thus, God. There is a specific verse which I will find later, that makes this abundantly clear.
We are all part flesh, part God. We all have always been here. And while some may choose hell over heaven, they will never cease to exist. And if we agree that God is non-gendered, why would we use a 3male trinity to define God?

iris89

Hi Hope

Your comment,

Here's an interesting verse, iris....

And Jesus answered and said to him, "It is said, 'You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.' " ~Luke 4:12

This was Jesus' response to Satan, when Satan tried to get Him to jump off the temple. Is it just me, or is He calling Himself God??

An examination of the scripture in context will show he was being tempted by the Devil because he was the Son of God and was in no way calling himself his own Father, God (YHWH). Let’s look at Matthew 4:1-11, “

Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 And he fasted forty days and forty nights, and afterward he was hungry. 3 And the tempter came and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread."[[here even the Devil acknowledged that he was the Son of God and not God (YHWH) clearly showing him as a great prize for the Devil if he could get him to disobey]] 4 But he answered, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"[[here Jesus (Yeshua) quotes his Father’s (YHWH’s) command and kept it unlike Adam who disobeyed one of the commands of Jesus’ (Yeshua’s) Father, God (YHWH)]] 5 Then the devil took him to the holy city, and set him on the pinnacle of the temple, 6 and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down; for it is written, 'He will give his angels charge of you,' and 'On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.'"[[second attempt to get him to disobey]] 7 Jesus said to him, "Again it is written, 'You shall not tempt the Lord your God.'""[[here Jesus (Yeshua) quotes his Father’s (YHWH’s) command and kept it unlike Adam who disobeyed one of the commands of Jesus’ (Yeshua’s) Father, God (YHWH)]] 8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and the glory of them; 9 and he said to him, "All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me."[[third attempt to get him to disobey]] 10 Then Jesus said to him, "Begone, Satan! for it is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.'" ""[[here Jesus (Yeshua) quotes his Father’s (YHWH’s) command and kept it unlike Adam who disobeyed one of the commands of Jesus’ (Yeshua’s) Father, God (YHWH)]] 11 Then the devil left him, and behold, angels came and ministered to him.” (Revised Standard Version; RSV).

Your Friend in Christ Iris89

greatcalgarian

Hope said:
It only makes sense that the Creator is more complex than the created. We are the ones in a box, so to speak. Not Him. We have a limited viewpoint. His is limitless. If we are to accept the Trinity, we have to accept our own limited understanding. And just look at Him in wonder! :D
That is what every Christian did, and then it is easy to consolidate the faith in Christ. On the other hand, inquisitive and knowledge seeking Agnostic and non-theist or atheist will keep on looking for an answer and hence will not have to have "blind faith", but just the acceptance of the fact that "there are something we still do not understand", and that include the existence of an omnipotent, ominiscient, and omnibenevalent entity.

greatcalgarian

It is really interesting to see now that Christians even have different opinions of the sex of God, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. If we want to carry on this type of discussion, first we have to agree that male mean one living thing that does not carry and bring into the world another living thing, but merely passed on his gene to another living thing classified as female, who took the gene from this male combined with her gene, then give the necessary nourishment to allow cell division to finally end up with another same living thing carrying the combined genes.
So God the father, as we commonly understand the term father, has to be male, since father mean the male that produce us. Jesus, as many times in the bible has claimed to be Son of Man, or calling YHYW his father, and addressed Son of God, must be the product of God and another female, unless it is via asexual reproduction (Even they exist from the very beginning, there has to be one first, followed by the other, if not no need to address one as father and one as son). Mary is just the vehicle according to the Protestants, but according to the Catholic could be almost the same ranking as the Trinity (Saint class). But then we see that in some part of the bible, we are told that Mary was impregnated by the Holy Spirit or Ghost, so the Holy Spirit is just part of God, and have to be male, as we cannot have two female to come together to produce an offspring. Oh dear, I better not try to carry on analysing which one is male and which one is female, and just accept the Trinity and assume that the three entities have no sex associated with them. Or I shall just see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil, and forget about this issue of sex of God.

greatcalgarian

Matthew 4:1-11, “Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil....."
I always wonder about this story. Jesus is supposed to be alone with the devil in this 40 days fasting episode. No body was with him. How did Mathew come to know about the details?

Answer 1: Jesus told this story to Matthew. Then we have to question how reliable is this story. We also must question why did Jesus tell this story, what is his motive, or is there some lesson to be learn from this story. Also Matthew should write down thus: One sunny morning, our Lord Jesus was teaching us about such and such, and he illustrated his own personal experience of being tempted by the devil etc etc, and in his own words thus "I was led by the spirit to the wilderness......" Best if it can be put into the format as the actual word from Jesus like before he died, he exclaimed the famous words "Eli, Eli, Lama Sabachthani?"
Answer 2: Matthew was inspired by the holy spirit about the whole happening. So the exact meaning and interpretation is left wide open.

Anyother explanation as to how Matthew came to know this event?

iris89

Hi greatcalgarian

FIRST, Spirit beings are without sexual organs, but the common linguistic practice is to speak of them in the masculine form.

SECOND, God (YHWH) did not create a Son by sexual reproduction, but by creation. See Colossians 1:15, “He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation;” (Revised Standard Version; RSV).

THIRD, Mary was just the ‘vehicle’ and I am not Protestant.

FOURTH, the Holy Spirit is just God’s (YHWH’s) active force and/or power and God (YHWH) used it to put the life force of his beloved only begotten Son, Jesus (Yeshua), into the womb of the Virgin Mary.

FIFTH, There is no such thing as a Trinity. It is nothing but a God (YHWH) dishonoring myth or doctrine. It is the words of men per 2 Corinthians 4:4, “In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the likeness of God” (RSV).

Your Friend in Christ Iris89.

greatcalgarian

iris89 said:
Hi greatcalgarian

FIRST, Spirit beings are without sexual organs, but the common linguistic practice is to speak of them in the masculine form.

SECOND, God (YHWH) did not create a Son by sexual reproduction, but by creation. See Colossians 1:15, “He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation;” (Revised Standard Version; RSV).

THIRD, Mary was just the ‘vehicle’ and I am not Protestant.

FOURTH, the Holy Spirit is just God’s (YHWH’s) active force and/or power and God (YHWH) used it to put the life force of his beloved only begotten Son, Jesus (Yeshua), into the womb of the Virgin Mary.

FIFTH, There is no such thing as a Trinity. It is nothing but a God (YHWH) dishonoring myth or doctrine. It is the words of men per 2 Corinthians 4:4, “In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the likeness of God” (RSV).

Your Friend in Christ Iris89.
Then the next version of your bible should replace all the "He" by "It" to ensure the right message being conveyed that there is no sex to be associated with God, and make the bible easier to understand and to stop people wasting their time debating the sex nature of God:jam:

In general, I classified Christians as Protestants and Catholic as the two generic form. My Apology to include every other denomination (other than Catholic) to be called Protestants:D
http://www.adherents.com/

iris89

Hi greatcalgarian

FIRST, Your comment,

Then the next version of your bible should replace all the "He" by "It" to ensure the right message being conveyed that there is no sex to be associated with God, and make the bible easier to understand and to stop people wasting their time debating the sex nature of

No, as Koine Greek here uses masculine as language convection as do many modern languages including my native language which is not English. Check out Italian, Spanish, etc. and you will see many things like cars, keys, etc. are assigned gender by language convention and not because they possess gender.

SECOND, there are actually 5 distinct classifications of so called Christians. Catholic and Protestant are but two of these.

Your friend in Christ Iris89

greatcalgarian

iris89 said:
Hi greatcalgarian
FIRST, Your comment,
No, as Koine Greek here uses masculine as language convection as do many modern languages including my native language which is not English. Check out Italian, Spanish, etc. and you will see many things like cars, keys, etc. are assigned gender by language convention and not because they possess gender.
SECOND, there are actually 5 distinct classifications of so called Christians. Catholic and Protestant are but two of these.
You missed my point. Gender is used to clarify the meaning. If the usage is confusing the reader further, then a neutral gender term should preferably be used. I am proposing an improvement in the use of word in the next generation bible. Like I rather like Templeton's bible
http://www.templetons.com/charles/jesus/toc.html:162:
Or Jefferson's
http://www.angelfire.com/co/JeffersonBible/:D

Five? I counted more than that:woohoo:
Major Denominational Families of Christianity
Catholic (1,050,000,000) Orthodox/Eastern Christian (240,000,000) African Indigenous Sects (110,000,000) Pentecostal (105,000,000) Reformed/Presbyterian/Congregational/United (75,000,000) Anglican (73,000,000) Baptist (70,000,000) Methodist (70,000,000) Lutheran (64,000,000) Jehovah's Witnesses (14,800,000) Adventist (12,000,000) Later Day Saints (11,500,000) Apostolic (10,000,000) Stone-Campbell (5,400,000) NewThought Unity Christian Science (1,500,000) Brethren (1,500,000) Mennonite (1,250,000) Friends Quakers (300,000)

iris89

Hi

Gender does not confuse the issue.

You have the list wrong. You are mixing denominations and creeds with divisions. The divisions are.

1 Protestant [that includes the Methodist]

2. Catholics

3. Anabaptist

4. Orthodox

5. Church of Christ Later Day Saints

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
what's confusing is that we are trying to use examples of a physical world to describe something that is NOTHING LIKE OUR PHYSICAL WORLD.

greatcalgarian

iris89 said:
Hi

Gender does not confuse the issue.

You have the list wrong. You are mixing denominations and creeds with divisions. The divisions are.

1 Protestant [that includes the Methodist]

2. Catholics

3. Anabaptist

4. Orthodox

5. Church of Christ Later Day Saints

You started with classification and ended with division:banghead3
If gender does not confuse the issue, then there is no story about DaVinci is having a female next to Jesus or is that a male:jiggy:

greatcalgarian

iris89 said:
Hi Greatcalgarin

I am into the Bible not art.

Try widen your horizontal, learn art, music, theatre, opera, philosophy, social science, politics, and enrich your life with things that God blessed us with. There are more towards life than just the holy bible.

God bless.

iris89

Hi Greatcaligan

I have other interest too other than Biblical things. I love to grow rare fruiting plants and I am also into target shooting, interior decorating, and other items. My husband is the one into art and his favorite artist is Salvatore Dali.