• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The trinity is false - I have proof

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I believe the trinity is false. God is not a trinity. Proof?

1 Corinthians 14.33

For God is not the author of confusion

The trinity create confusion.

And

Exodus 20.5
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God

According to the trinity God has three I. But according to Exodus 20.5 God has only one I

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
bu
1 Corinthians 14.33

And

Exodus 20.5
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God

According to the trinity God has three I. But according to Exodus 20.5 God has only one I
The Trinitarian concept in Catholicism has it that there are not three gods but one God with Jesus and the Holy Spirit being of the "essence" of God.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

1 Corinthians 14.33

And

Exodus 20.5

You don't even need proof.

The whole Bible is a whole entire mess in itself.

I think Paul agrees with you, because:

...For though there are things that are called "gods," whether in the heavens or on earth; as there are many "gods" and many "lords;" yet to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we live through him.
1 Corinthians 8:4-6

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
1 Timothy 2:5

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Why are you applying Bible verses to the Trinity, which is a theological, not textual, invention?
To try and make sense of a mystery that is unclear when reading the texts literally. IOW, "interpretation", and pretty much everyone who studies scripture does this.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
To try and make sense of a mystery that is unclear when reading the texts literally. IOW, "interpretation", and pretty much everyone who studies scripture does this.
If one can reason rationally literalism is the fastest road to atheism. There are Christians that can reason rationally. I have never seen one of them interpret the Bible literally.

wellwisher

1 Corinthians 14.33

And

Exodus 20.5

The trinity is easy to explain with an example. Picture a man named Joe. He is a husband to his wife, a son to his parents and a father to his children. Joe is one person, but has three different ways to relate to those who are closest to him; family. He is intimate with his wife in ways that are unique to them. He relates to his parents with a unique respect and submissiveness. While he is firm yet fair with his children. He is one person, who is involved in three styles of interaction.

God the trinity is analogous to Joe, who has three way to relate to his large family of followers. Some followers relate to God via the law; the Old Testament. Other better relate to a God of love via the child Jesus; unconditional love. While others relate to God via faith in the promise of the Holy Spirit. It is one God, with three generations of faithful, with any of those approaches covered by God's love, just as Joe covers his whole family inspite of their differences in age and generations.

At holidays, when all three generations come to Joe's House, some of the dynamics often become crossed. For example, the grandparents may influence Joe's children to act up and have fun, with Joe not sure how to deal with both his respect for his parent and need to structure is his children, when they team up. He cuts them slack, since this is a unique time. This would be like the Old Testament and Holy Spirit combined; prophets of old fighting the times.

The practical problem with this trinity analysis is we have the Old Testament and the New Testament, compiled and written, but we do not yet have the Future Testament; promise of the Spirit, compiled and written, about the last 2000 years of Faith in the Holy Spirit. That would complete the trinity of worship. The dogma of the Trinity and the Assumption of the Virgin Mary. anticipated Joe and his wife having children; last third of the trinity about the children of God.

I would guess that this third book would be about stories of those who followed their faith in the Spirit, often in troubled times, impacting history; Joan of Arc. She was a young woman/girl, called to lead Armies, only to be burned at the stake, after there was peace and she became a liability to those in power. There are many Saints, with stories connected to the promise of the spirit; Emperor Constantine.

Each of the three Testaments is not for all the worshippers. Some like the structure of law and rules; Old, others like the works of love; Son, and still other may prefer stories of faith; historical data. But they are part of the family of God; Joe's family. I see myself as more connected to the promise of the spirit, which has still yet to be complied and written. But still there are many familiar examples to learn from even in science and art.

Last edited:

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
You want to know something funny? My largest epiphany I had that was cemented, not counting today’s huge bombshell mistake, was the idea that The Omniverse, Entropy and Extropy are in a trinity of Godhood, similar to trinitarianism but for my pantheist belief system. For awhile I was struggling really hard because I held, temporarily, that extropy should only have the spotlight, but then I realized where everything comes from, The Omniverse, and that everything goes through some form of entropy, and I realized that I had a trinity forming in my head. To equate it in Christian terminology, the Holy Spirit is The Omniverse, Entropy is the Father, and Extropy is the Son. And everything clicked in my head and made sense to me again. So no, I don’t find the trinity to be confusing at all. In fact, that was one of my latest revelations and after I held that everything made sense again and I wasn't stuck in dasein anymore.

DNB

Christian

1 Corinthians 14.33

And

Exodus 20.5

Despite the fact that I agree with you, that the doctrine of the trinity is nothing but complete idiotic and blasphemous nonsense, from start to finish, the logic that you put forth as proof leaves much to be desired.

Muffled

Jesus in me

1 Corinthians 14.33

And

Exodus 20.5

I believe that is a nice try but mistaken.

I believe God has not caused confusion but people have. Since I have God, I am not confused about the Trinity.

I believe the Trinity has one "I" not three. You must be misinformed.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

1 Corinthians 14.33

And

Exodus 20.5

I read that the trinity was made because many of the surrounding religions were trinities. How Ancient Trinitarian Gods Influenced Adoption of the Trinity

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

1 Corinthians 14.33

And

Exodus 20.5

The individuals and sects who reject the Trinity seem more confused about it than the couple billion Christians who accept it. It's a settled matter in Christianity.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I believe all that proves is that the person reading it reads it and has it mess his mind.
No. It's more like the Bible is just a book, same as any other book out there with people getting their own personal take in reading it.

What that tells me is the Bible isn't divine or special in any way , and the proof is all the confusion with no direction at all to speak for it.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
" The trinity is false - I have proof "

1 Corinthians 14.33

And

Exodus 20.5

Sure Trinity is false, please, did Jesus- the truthful Israelite Messiah, ever use the word Trinity or advocate it?
If yes, then anybody to kindly quote from Jesus in first peson, please.
I agree with one here, right?

Regards