• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The trinity debate - Is it monotheism?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
see ...i called it
I wonder which of us "doesn't know any better," when you're clearly refuting the existence of something that is a thing?

You know what? I'm done. Can't argue with someone who's head is willfully in the sand.

dfnj

The trinity is in the belief that the father, the son and the holy spirit are one person. God. Even if it was 10 different entities it is still the one God. Thus, does that mean it's monotheism? Lets not mix this up with idolatry as many Muslims would because this question is not from an Islamic perspective but purely from Aqal or reason where if you take the Quran, have you questioned if it actually makes the trinity polytheism?
Also if one believes that Paul was a believer in the trinity as we perceive now, he also made a distinction in his usage of idolatry. For him idolatry is another sin and depicts an image worship.
Others would argue that its not monotheism because there are several entities. Though it is one God there are actually three different entities thus it becomes polytheism.
What do you perceive?

The trinity is thought of as three different aspects of God. The Father God part is thought of as the ground of all being. Father God is the ultimate consciousness. Father God is the ultimate source of being. God is the "I am the I am".

But Father God is differentiated from two other functions in the World. There is the principle of Form. And there is the principle of Energy.

The principle of Form is known at the Word of God. The Word of God is the division of all things. God divides the whole into parts, light from darkness, Heavens from Earth, which brought is about by speaking or the breath of God. God said, "Let there be light" etc. Also known as the Son where the Son is a separate from Father God.

The third principle is of Energy. This is experienced as movement and change. Or the experience of time itself. Energy is what flows through all of existence. Also known as the Holy Spirit.

God is composed of all three of these aspects. God is often thought of as being an old man with beard who acts like a tyrant. I think this is the wrong view. God is one but having all three aspects. The three together form a "Unity of opposites" which gives rise to the meaning of all things.

Unity of opposites - Wikipedia

I read somewhere but I cannot find the quote God is the knower, the Son is the known, and the Holy Spirit is the love between them.

The three aspects of God come up with Apophatic theology. I really like this quote:

"Dionysius describes the kataphatic or affirmative way to the divine as the "way of speech": that we can come to some understanding of the Transcendent by attributing all the perfections of the created order to God as its source. In this sense, we can say "God is Love", "God is Beauty", "God is Good". The apophatic or negative way stresses God's absolute transcendence and unknowability in such a way that we cannot say anything about the divine essence because God is so totally beyond being. The dual concept of the immanence and transcendence of God can help us to understand the simultaneous truth of both "ways" to God: at the same time as God is immanent, God is also transcendent. At the same time as God is knowable, God is also unknowable. God cannot be thought of as one or the other only"

Apophatic theology - Wikipedia

This idea occurs in nature as well. We have what we call objects or objective reality which is like the word of God. And you have the laws of physics which is like the Holy Spirit flowing through the Universe. And Father God is the observer or the experience of Time. The Universe is like the body of God. And time is like blood flowing through God's body. And the mind of God transcends it all.

The ritual of communion is intended to experience the trinity in the moment. The body of Christ is the word of God, the blood of Christ is the Holy Spirit, and the ritual is meant for us to appreciate the great presence of God in the moment.

The idea of a trinity as a source of meaning most likely exists in every major religion throughout the World. In Taoism there's a saying, "From the one comes the two, from the two comes the three, from the three comes the 10,000 things."

"In The Tibetan Book of the Dead, the “Three Bodies of Buddhahood,” present triadic levels of existence. A person is responsible for his or herself on all three levels. As Buddhahood, the triad becomes the Three Buddha Bodies; ordinary body becoming the Emanation Body, speech the Beatific Body, and the mind the Truth Body. The three Buddha Bodies correlate with body, mind and spirit, and we might go so far as to say with the concept of the Father as God, the Son as personhood and the Holy Spirit as the process by which a person becomes one with God, and also suggest a more unified and process-oriented explanation for the Trinity."

3: The Perfect Number - Trinity Symbolism in World Religious Traditions

The trinity is one of my most cherished spiritual concepts. I cannot imagine a religion or belief system worth having without it.

Yin = Body of Christ = Matter = Body = Principle of Form
Yang = Blood of Christ = Energy = Mind = Principle of Energy
Tao = Father God = Time = Spirit = God as the ultimate source of being

Last edited:

dfnj

There are even repeated events that prophesy other events but it appears few, if any, here and elsewhere (I’ve been on many forums) even consider despite my outlining them. its no surprise, though! These prophesies counter trinity so why am I hoping that they will receive the word given to them (Jesus Christ, taught by God, gave them the word - and they killed him: Should I imagine I am better than Jesus Christ? ‘No one who thinks they love God comes to God unless God draws them to himself through his Christ, Jesus’ (long paraphrase for, ‘No-one comes to the Father except by me’)

Well, we all have our favorite religions. I certainly do not agree with you. Yes we are all drawn to God because God is the Great Attractor. But there are many paths to God. I think your way of thinking comes under the category when you have a hammer everything is a nail. If you were a Buddhist you would think differently.

Have you ever heard the expression if you murder someone you murder a part of yourself? The same is true with religion. When you disrespect someone else's beliefs by saying yours is the only true path, when you say ‘No-one comes to the Father except by me’, then your path is no longer the path. Loyalty to authority is not the basis of religion. A religion of love is about acceptance not compliance. Of course me saying this is a bit of a oxymoron. I'm not saying your path through Christ will not get you to where you need to go. But for me at least, in my own opinion, any type of evangelism is a sign of weakness and lack of faith. Our Father God sometimes speaks in mysterious ways throughout all the World's mythologies.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Monotheism: One Ruler

Polytheism: Many Rulers

The Father is Ruler; the Don is Ruler; The Holy Spirit is Ruler : Three RULERS

The dichotomy of Trinity.

Trinity opposes its own ideology.

Trinity claims three rulers who are not even three rulers BUT ONE RULER....

What do you read? Do you see it? A conundrum!

Yes, there are not three rulers but one ruler...
Ha! Yes, there are not three rulers; just the Father is the one ruler!!!

The Son becomes ruler over creation... at the end of time. He takes his seat on the throne of his ancestor, King David, after the judgement, elimination of sin, death, and Satan and the demonic order.

Even trinity agrees that the Holy Spirit is an emanation from the Father; the power of the Father.

Monotheism has one ruler only: The Father.

The heavenly ruler said unto his favoured nation:
  • ‘Hear, O Israel, YHWH, your God, is your only God’
YHWH did not say he was ‘one God’. He said he was the ‘only God’.

Trinity changed the word from ‘only’ to ‘one’ to so as to give the illusion of a ‘unity of several’.

Would it not be clearer just to say, ‘only God’ than the tortuous wording of a united singularity (‘[three in] one’)?

The don’t-ever-believe-anything-you-read-there website, gotQuestion, ‘mistakenly’ or ‘deliberately’ offers the suggestion that:
  • ‘The worship of only one God made the faith of the Hebrews unique in the ancient world.’
Why is it as I said? Well, the bolded part says it... the added the word ‘only’... it will be in your mind always as you read their ideology elsewhere. You will read, ‘only God’ when you read ‘one God’. It’s their magicians distraction at work!

‘Only God’ has no implication of a ’unity of many’.

And take a look at this monstrosity of meaninglessness from the same website:
  • ‘If the Lord is one, how are we to understand the Trinity? Though the word Trinity is not found in the Bible, the concept certainly is. The Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are each referred to as God and are attributed qualities that only God has. For example, Jesus was in the beginning with God
What do you see? what did you read? Has thou eyes that seeth insanity?

God’, according to trinity, ’is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit’... stick a pin on that.

Now look at that bolded part from the selected text in gotQuestion:
  • Jesus’ was ‘with God
  • Jesus’ was ‘with The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
One person was with the three persons of trinity: four persons.

Has anyone heard of:
  • The Father being with God
  • The Holy Spirit being with God
Funny, eh?

Here is something intriguing:
  1. - Is the Father equal to the Son?
  2. - Is the Father equal to the Holy Spirit?
  3. - Is the Holy Spirit equal to the Son?
Please can a trinitarian just answer the three questions?

firedragon

Veteran Member
The trinity is thought of as three different aspects of God. The Father God part is thought of as the ground of all being. Father God is the ultimate consciousness. Father God is the ultimate source of being. God is the "I am the I am".

But Father God is differentiated from two other functions in the World. There is the principle of Form. And there is the principle of Energy.

The principle of Form is known at the Word of God. The Word of God is the division of all things. God divides the whole into parts, light from darkness, Heavens from Earth, which brought is about by speaking or the breath of God. God said, "Let there be light" etc. Also known as the Son where the Son is a separate from Father God.

The third principle is of Energy. This is experienced as movement and change. Or the experience of time itself. Energy is what flows through all of existence. Also known as the Holy Spirit.

God is composed of all three of these aspects. God is often thought of as being an old man with beard who acts like a tyrant. I think this is the wrong view. God is one but having all three aspects. The three together form a "Unity of opposites" which gives rise to the meaning of all things.

Unity of opposites - Wikipedia

I read somewhere but I cannot find the quote God is the knower, the Son is the known, and the Holy Spirit is the love between them.

The three aspects of God come up with Apophatic theology. I really like this quote:

"Dionysius describes the kataphatic or affirmative way to the divine as the "way of speech": that we can come to some understanding of the Transcendent by attributing all the perfections of the created order to God as its source. In this sense, we can say "God is Love", "God is Beauty", "God is Good". The apophatic or negative way stresses God's absolute transcendence and unknowability in such a way that we cannot say anything about the divine essence because God is so totally beyond being. The dual concept of the immanence and transcendence of God can help us to understand the simultaneous truth of both "ways" to God: at the same time as God is immanent, God is also transcendent. At the same time as God is knowable, God is also unknowable. God cannot be thought of as one or the other only"

Apophatic theology - Wikipedia

This idea occurs in nature as well. We have what we call objects or objective reality which is like the word of God. And you have the laws of physics which is like the Holy Spirit flowing through the Universe. And Father God is the observer or the experience of Time. The Universe is like the body of God. And time is like blood flowing through God's body. And the mind of God transcends it all.

The ritual of communion is intended to experience the trinity in the moment. The body of Christ is the word of God, the blood of Christ is the Holy Spirit, and the ritual is meant for us to appreciate the great presence of God in the moment.

The idea of a trinity as a source of meaning most likely exists in every major religion throughout the World. In Taoism there's a saying, "From the one comes the two, from the two comes the three, from the three comes the 10,000 things."

"In The Tibetan Book of the Dead, the “Three Bodies of Buddhahood,” present triadic levels of existence. A person is responsible for his or herself on all three levels. As Buddhahood, the triad becomes the Three Buddha Bodies; ordinary body becoming the Emanation Body, speech the Beatific Body, and the mind the Truth Body. The three Buddha Bodies correlate with body, mind and spirit, and we might go so far as to say with the concept of the Father as God, the Son as personhood and the Holy Spirit as the process by which a person becomes one with God, and also suggest a more unified and process-oriented explanation for the Trinity."

3: The Perfect Number - Trinity Symbolism in World Religious Traditions

The trinity is one of my most cherished spiritual concepts. I cannot imagine a religion or belief system worth having without it.

Yin = Body of Christ = Matter = Body = Principle of Form
Yang = Blood of Christ = Energy = Mind = Principle of Energy
Tao = Father God = Time = Spirit = God as the ultimate source of being

This thread was not to justify or to negate the concept of Trinity brother. It was meant to know and read thoughts of ours if it’s monotheism or polytheism.

yet. Thanks for a long thought. I really appreciate it.

dfnj

This thread was not to justify or to negate the concept of Trinity brother. It was meant to know and read thoughts of ours if it’s monotheism or polytheism.

I thought I was demonstrated that it is clearly monotheism.

Soapy

Firedragon, a lot of the pointless and off-topic posts are made to shove other posts off the ‘front page’...!

I’ve seen this so many times. The mods will ban someone for exasperated posts but do nothing about the exasperater even when they are complained about.

Pointless and off topic posts can, if left unweeded, start completely new topic thread as you see and we know. I do as you do and step in to redirect the thread back to its proper titles direction.

I think the problem should be moderated just as bad language and SHOUTING (my bad!) insults the harmony of the thread topic idealism.

Soapy

I said from the beginning (of my input...) that the question of trinity being monotheistic or not is misconceived.

Trinity claims to believe in one God. But expresses three persons as that one God.

This is an oxymoron.... simple as. And as such, cannot be answered with a ‘yes’, ‘no’, answer.

The definition of ‘God’... one definition of ‘God’ is:
  • Ruler
Do you agree?

———————————

If you answered, ‘Yes’, then trinity expressing three Rulers, is expressing three Gods.

There is no construct in any system that wholly and truly claims more than one thing is one thing. It is a complete reality that more than one thing “one other thing” by necessity different from each other.

Trinity ‘came to recognise’ this anomaly and thrashed out a frightfully impossible rhetoric that claimed a ‘Ranking’ difference between the three whom they had always pressed their believers to claim as ‘Absolutely Equal in all ways. Completely co-equal, co-eternal, co-authoritive, co-all-powerful’ then suddenly, the three are not!!

Yes, it is completely clear that the trinity Holy Spirit as a person, they say, is nowhere near the Father, seeing that:
  • It is sent... No God is ever sent!!!! What authority has the power over a co-equal to send another co-equal. Being sent concerns subordination. God, our God, is subordinate to no one - else he is not GOD! But it appears the trinity God has a master God and two subordinate Gods.
  • It takes of what belongs to the ‘second’ God... right here is something Trinitarians do not talk about - and for good reason. I don’t need to explain it as it’s plain and obvious and would be an insult to the intelligent
  • It is poured out... Scriptures describes the Holy Spirit as like ‘Wind’, a light fluttering breeze alighting in Jesus ‘in the manner of a dove’... not ‘as a dove’, like many churches wrongfully preach... thats so terrible to call their God, a Dove! Besides, that was Jesus it came down on in that manner. When it came down on the Apostles it was like a roaring wind along with lightening and fire... So, since Godly people are Apostles, why is the Holy Spirit depicted as a dove (for Jesus) rather than the proper representation of ‘tongues of fire’ (for Pentecost)?
  • It ‘teaches’... hmmm.. a bit tenuous!! A book ‘teaches’... but a book isn’t a person!
  • It directs... Even a decent computer can make decisions and direct : Sat Nav...
  • It give gifts... Each person has skills, talents, abilities... is it incredible that a system could recognise these things and enhance them in that person and persons? Absolutely! The system does not need to be a sentient person - just sentient in some way! An automated watering system can give the gift of water to a plant pot it detects as drying out.
So, is trinity polytheism?:
Given the explanatory gifts of intelligence and common sense... then Yes.

Is it monotheistic? No!
It expresses three rulers... and no matter how these three are disingenuously packaged ‘One God’, it is still three rulers (ha! Even though it equally destroys its own claim that these three rulers are equal...! Aarrgghhh It’s so tortuously recursive!!!)

Watch and note the reasoning of Trinitarians as to how they support their belief:
  • ‘Because the creed says it is’!!!

Soapy

Can you tell me what the following words are in Hebrew?

1. One
2. Only
The Hebrew words are not the same. That doesn’t mean that the trinitarian translators didn’t alter the scriptures like they altered ‘YHWH’ to ‘LORD’ (Anglacized)

I’d like you to read the verse intelligently and see what sense it makes:
  • ‘Hear, O Israel, YHWH, your God is ONE GOD!’
Please read it and see that ‘ONE GOD’ can only be trinitarian because it is not valid language usage.

Why say, ‘one God’ when you mean, ‘only God’...

[[And notice that the definite article (‘the’) is an addition in:
  • ‘...YHWH, your God...’
which is rendered as:
  • ’...the LORD’, your God...’]]
Why is ‘only God’ correct:
  • Jesus Christ calls him, ‘The only true God’
This [extract from the] verse states that there is a singularity of this without inclusion. In fact, even ‘one true God’ would satisfy the context without even a hint of a multiplicity ‘in that God’.

When is ‘one God’ correct:
  • 1 Corinthians 8-6 says: “But for us, There is one God, the Father, by whom all things were created, and for whom we live. And there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things were created, and through whom we live.”
The Corinthian verse correctly expresses ‘one God’ because the language context refers to a single God, rather than many Gods. Again, there is no hint of a multiplicity in that God.

As a side view, notice that the verse suggests that Jesus [also] created all things... this is an absolute absurdity. If BOTH the Father and the Son really created everything then the verse would not have been written that way. AND you notice that there is no inclusion of the Holy Spirit which Trinitarians insist also created everything... oh wait, they don’t!!!
Trinitarians fo not include the Holy Spirit as a creator - but only that it is the creative power... which makes it different ... So if a trinity united ONE GOD is supposed to create then we have an anomaly, a contradiction.
But, of course trinitarians also become aware of this contradiction and they devise a solution of ‘a rank among equals’ to say why and how one element (ha!!) of a complete United entity can be different. Not only this but it is clear from another Corinthian verse that expresses the Son as only being creator FROM the Father: ‘The Father creates through thd son’, which is far different to what this Corinthian verse states! To wit: the second part of this verse above has been doctored by the trinitarian translators who saw clear evidence that only the Father created all things. They cannot have people believe this and so added that Jesus created [also]. It is clear that the words do not fit a natural sentence. They were not intelligent translators and worse, were made (forced) to make these additions by the trinitarian officials.
Be aware that Trinitarians only ‘prove’ their case by pressing doctrine and repeated entry of verses into debates over this issue... they don’t explain how!! And further, they don’t respond truthfully to requests for explanations but rather, resort to insults and dismissal of credible reason. This is not the actions and mindset of persons of genuine belief and truth....
And don’t even ask what the word, ‘Father’ means... to be clear, it means: ‘Creator, giver of life, he that brings into being, the head’... hmm.. interesting! How can there be a ‘Head’ in a co-equal unity (unity? Where does scriptures define God as a unity!!??)

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
The Hebrew words are not the same. That doesn’t mean that the trinitarian translators didn’t alter the scriptures like they altered ‘YHWH’ to ‘LORD’ (Anglacized)

I’d like you to read the verse intelligently and see what sense it makes:
  • ‘Hear, O Israel, YHWH, your God is ONE GOD!’
Please read it and see that ‘ONE GOD’ can only be trinitarian because it is not valid language usage.

Why say, ‘one God’ when you mean, ‘only God’...

[[And notice that the definite article (‘the’) is an addition in:
  • ‘...YHWH, your God...’
which is rendered as:
  • ’...the LORD’, your God...’]]
Why is ‘only God’ correct:
  • Jesus Christ calls him, ‘The only true God’
This [extract from the] verse states that there is a singularity of this without inclusion. In fact, even ‘one true God’ would satisfy the context without even a hint of a multiplicity ‘in that God’.

When is ‘one God’ correct:
  • 1 Corinthians 8-6 says: “But for us, There is one God, the Father, by whom all things were created, and for whom we live. And there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things were created, and through whom we live.”
The Corinthian verse correctly expresses ‘one God’ because the language context refers to a single God, rather than many Gods. Again, there is no hint of a multiplicity in that God.

As a side view, notice that the verse suggests that Jesus [also] created all things... this is an absolute absurdity. If BOTH the Father and the Son really created everything then the verse would not have been written that way. AND you notice that there is no inclusion of the Holy Spirit which Trinitarians insist also created everything... oh wait, they don’t!!!
Trinitarians fo not include the Holy Spirit as a creator - but only that it is the creative power... which makes it different ... So if a trinity united ONE GOD is supposed to create then we have an anomaly, a contradiction.
But, of course trinitarians also become aware of this contradiction and they devise a solution of ‘a rank among equals’ to say why and how one element (ha!!) of a complete United entity can be different. Not only this but it is clear from another Corinthian verse that expresses the Son as only being creator FROM the Father: ‘The Father creates through thd son’, which is far different to what this Corinthian verse states! To wit: the second part of this verse above has been doctored by the trinitarian translators who saw clear evidence that only the Father created all things. They cannot have people believe this and so added that Jesus created [also]. It is clear that the words do not fit a natural sentence. They were not intelligent translators and worse, were made (forced) to make these additions by the trinitarian officials.
Be aware that Trinitarians only ‘prove’ their case by pressing doctrine and repeated entry of verses into debates over this issue... they don’t explain how!! And further, they don’t respond truthfully to requests for explanations but rather, resort to insults and dismissal of credible reason. This is not the actions and mindset of persons of genuine belief and truth....
And don’t even ask what the word, ‘Father’ means... to be clear, it means: ‘Creator, giver of life, he that brings into being, the head’... hmm.. interesting! How can there be a ‘Head’ in a co-equal unity (unity? Where does scriptures define God as a unity!!??)

Well. Not a direct answer.

Soapy

Well. Not a direct answer.
A credible answer, nonetheless.

Echad... I don’t see how that clears things up!

‘Hear, O Israel, YHWH, your God, is your only God’.

Some bible translation render it that way...

The Israelites, living among pagans and heathens, tribes and nations, who worshipped multiple Gods, were told by their ONLY GOD that they should believe in ONLY HIM as their God.

In addition, no directive was made that the Israelites were to see their only God as being three persons!

The term and title, ‘God’ is to be defined and will show that it cannot be a multiplicity or Union...

If trinity insists that it’s God is three persons - and God is a person (!!) then there is a conundrum and an anomaly - a contradiction of definition!

‘God’ would, therefore, be an OFFICE... an office of authority of which there are three managing members of complete equal Almighty power and absolute authority...

Questions therefore need to be asked as to why three persons are required in such a position if the almighty power and authority can be divested by one alone!

Trinity has been tested over thousands of years and each time anomalies of this sort are pointed out, it simply collaborates to spin cover solutions such as: they are Ranked... and they each perform SEPARATE FUNCTION IN GOD.., well, that certainly admits differences in ‘God office’ - differences of which trinity claims there are none!
(God office:—> Godhead... which isn’t even what the meaning is in the verse they spun it from seeing that there is no such a word. The verse is concerning Jesus being baptised - anointed - with the Holy Spirit and thereby given access to ‘the full power of the almighty God’: ‘The Father was pleased that he [jesus] should be filled with the fullness [of his (father’s) Holy Spirit]’. Consider that if Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit of the Father at his baptism, what was he before this? If Jesus was God, why would he need to be filed with the Holy Spirit of God? And... the Apostles were also ‘filled’ with the Holy Spirit of the Father.., rach as much as they could sustain.. so ehh are they not also called ‘God’ and be part of the trinity ‘Godhead’... hmmm... contradictions abound in trinity ideology!

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
You mean progression kind or genes?

I believe that is one outlook ie that everyone has originated from one genetic couple. I believe God could very well have created humanoids on other planets and migration from those planets gives us a different origin than an earthly one. From what I have read the Caucasian and Japanese races claim to have extraterrestrial origins.

Muffled

Jesus in me
he also said at
John 17 :20 "I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word, 21 so that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, so that the world may believe that you sent me."
interesting that Jesus made it a request, of the father, meaning he Jesus had to ask for permission that it might/would happen .
being one with the father ,or in union with ,means that they are in agreement and that all that believe would work together . there is no trinity

I believe you logic is flawed. You are assuming that prayer requires disagreement. Most of my prayers these days are God generated so there is already agreement.

Muffled

Jesus in me
the voice came from heaven and yet Jesus was on earth hummm maybe
you cold watch a few episodes of sesame street to learn together and apart.

I believe I like snarkiiness. Perhaps you should review the meaning of omnipresence.

cataway

I believe I like snarkiiness. Perhaps you should review the meaning of omnipresence.
Actually, by teaching that God is omnipresent Christendom has confused matters and made it more difficult for God to be real to his worshipers. How could God be present everywhere at the same time? God is a spirit Person, which means that he does not have a material body, but a spiritual one. A spirit has a body? Yes, for we read, “If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one.” (1 Cor. 15:44; John 4:24) God being an individual, a Person with a spirit body, has a place where he resides, and so he could not be at any other place at the same time. Thus we read at 1 Kings 8:43 that the heavens are God’s “established place of dwelling.” Also, we are told at Hebrews 9:24 that “Christ entered . . . into heaven itself, now to appear before the person of God for us.”
Moreover, the disciple Stephen and the apostle John had visions of heaven in which they saw both God and Jesus Christ. So Jehovah God must be just as much a person, an individual, as Jesus Christ is. (Acts 7:56; Rev. 5:1, 9) Those Christians who have a hope of eventually living in heaven are assured that they will see God and also be like him, showing that Jehovah God truly is a person and has a body as well as a certain location.—1 John 3:2.
It could well be that some have been confused due to the fact that God is allseeing; also his power can be felt everywhere. (2 Chron. 16:9)

firedragon

Veteran Member
Echad... I don’t see how that clears things up!

‘Hear, O Israel, YHWH, your God, is your only God’.

Absolutely wrong.

It is true that God is the only God. But thats not what the sentence is saying. Echad means "One".

So what you said is a made-up story.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I believe that is one outlook ie that everyone has originated from one genetic couple. I believe God could very well have created humanoids on other planets and migration from those planets gives us a different origin than an earthly one. From what I have read the Caucasian and Japanese races claim to have extraterrestrial origins.

Well, we can believe a lot of things. But belief cannot just say evolution is all false.

Maybe God instigated evolution. Just that for God 6 million years must be like a day since he may not be time-bound.