• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The tough guys, the good guys and the heroes wear no beards!

Jonathan Bailey

A man of RESPECT is clean-shaven.
OCgN2vi.jpg

epronovost

The OP has a strange relationship with beards...

Plus everybody knows that the supreme macho and gentlemen facial hairstyle is the walrus mustache worn by heroes and gentlemen like Otto Von Bismarck or Theodor Roosevelt.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Abraham Lincoln
Sophocles
William Shakespeare
Henry VIII
Lord Kelvin
Harnaam Kaur
Blackbeard
Karl Marx
Charles Darwin
Galileo Galilei
Hans Langseth
Leonardo da Vinci

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The OP has a strange relationship with beards...

Plus everybody knows that the supreme macho and gentlemen facial hairstyle is the walrus mustache worn by heroes and gentlemen like Otto Von Bismarck or Theodor Roosevelt.
Nietzsche is King Walrus.
200px-Nietzsche187a.jpg

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
St. Gregory Nazianzen
St. Augustine
St. (Padre) Pio
St. Maximus the Confessor
Jesus (Shroud of Turin)

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Wanna see something really crazy?
Here you go:

Russian priest says beards protect against homosexuality
“God set down certain rules. The Lord created everyone with a beard. No man can resist his creator,” Kornily told Russia’s National News Service. “It’s made a monstrous thing to see men’s clothing and hairstyles changing.”

Source

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Wanna see something really crazy?
Here you go:

Russian priest says beards protect against homosexuality
“God set down certain rules. The Lord created everyone with a beard. No man can resist his creator,” Kornily told Russia’s National News Service. “It’s made a monstrous thing to see men’s clothing and hairstyles changing.”
Source

Though you've made some good posts in this thread... there are particular reasons why this post wouldn't be a convincing argument to the OP.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And I think there is a law somewhere that male philosophers and other intellectuals must have some soet of facial hair.
images

friedrich-engels.jpg

422b538916c0fe9ccfdc38377c95d812--alexander-graham-bell-telephone.jpg

220px-John_Watson_philosopher.jpg

Jonathan Bailey

A beard doesn't make a man look wise or smart at all but like an old crackpot. A dirty old buzzard. A man looks as sharp as a razor if he keeps his face clean-shaven with one.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Abraham Lincoln
Sophocles
William Shakespeare
Henry VIII
Lord Kelvin
Harnaam Kaur
Blackbeard
Karl Marx
Charles Darwin
Galileo Galilei
Hans Langseth
Leonardo da Vinci
Jesus Christ
Santa Claus

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
A beard doesn't make a man look wise or smart at all but like an old crackpot. A dirty old buzzard. A man looks as sharp as a razor if he keeps his face clean-shaven with one.

I've been thinking about this subject more since it was first ever brought up. I'm kind of glad beards exist in the world for variety reasons, but there exists a point where I'm not much for it. I'm talking not only Duck Dynasty style beards, but people obsessing about them.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
A man of RESPECT is clean-shaven.
OCgN2vi.jpg
You know what? I agree
upload_2020-1-4_20-14-45.gif

Behold, the epitome of respectable masculinity. As modelled by a fop who was jailed for being a homosexual.

(please note, I do no regard gay men as being less masculine in any way. This is just in jest.)