• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Top 10 Claims Made by Creationists to Counter Scientific Theories"

gnostic

The Lost One
So if you want to talk about the Bible with me, go by the KJV 1611, other than that, you will find it no use with me.
Are you serious?

You do know that the Old Testament in KJV is based mostly on the Masoretic Text, dont you?

It is the same sources as many modern English translations.

Only some passages were translated from the Greek source, Septuagint. And they only used Greek source, whenever suit them, like to make it meet the New Testament so-called “signs” by attaching new meanings, Christian reinterpretations.

So the translators of OT of KJV doesn’t translate the Hebrew Scriptures as they are.

This method of translating the Old Testament, of selectively using the Greek source, is suspicious, if not completely dishonest.

Btw, the KJV was my first, given to me by my sister, so I am well aware.

Since 2000 and onwards, when reading, I preferred the 1985 New Jewish Publication Society (NJPS), the NRSV and the NASB. As well as supplementing it with the recent Dead Sea Scrolls Bible.

ecco

Veteran Member
Following quote with my emphasis...
I understand the Bible perfectly, just people have no knowledge or understanding about the bible.
Ah ha. There you have it folks. Faithofchristian must be...
om·nis·cient
ämˈnisēənt,ämˈniSHənt/
adjective
  1. knowing everything.
    "the story is told by an omniscient narrator"
    synonyms: all-knowing, all-wise, all-seeing

ecco

Veteran Member
P

Had you and others realized that the Bible was only written to a selected few people.
Thats why Christ said, many are called, But the few are chosen. Therefore the bible was only written to the few.
Another example of Faithofchristian's ...
om·nis·cience
ämˈniSH(ə)ns,ämˈnisēəns/
noun
the state of knowing everything.
"the notion of divine omniscience"​

Faithofchristian

Another example of Faithofchristian's ...
om·nis·cience
ämˈniSH(ə)ns,ämˈnisēəns/
noun
the state of knowing everything.
"the notion of divine omniscience"​

If you have any understanding of the Bible at all.
Then do tell.
Christ Jesus gave in the book of Mark 13.
What the Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is
And when it will happen
And by who can commit it.

Let's see just how much you really know
You criticze others, seeing you can talk the talk, Now walk the walk.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Then do tell.
Christ Jesus gave in the book of Mark 13.
What the Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is
And when it will happen
And by who can commit it.

Let's see just how much you really know
You criticze others, seeing you can talk the talk, Now walk the walk.

I sincerely doubt it you understand that chapter. Here is a simple quiz:

That chapter has perhaps the worst prophetic failed prophecy of Jesus. What is it?

ecco

Veteran Member
Had you and others realized that the Bible was only written to a selected few people.
Thats why Christ said, many are called, But the few are chosen. Therefore the bible was only written to the few.
Then do tell.
Now walk the walk.
I wasn't referring to my knowledge of the bible. I was referring to your abject egotism. Other people who believed they were chosen to be among the few include David Koresh, Jim Jones and Marshall Applewhite.

Faithofchristian

I wasn't referring to my knowledge of the bible. I was referring to your abject egotism. Other people who believed they were chosen to be among the few include David Koresh, Jim Jones and Marshall Applewhite.

Well it just goes to show, that David Koresh, Jim Jones and Marshall Applewhite, wasn't of God's elect few.

ecco

Veteran Member

Well it just goes to show, that David Koresh, Jim Jones and Marshall Applewhite, wasn't of God's elect few.

The point is they, just like you, were absolutely certain they were God's elect few. They were wrong. What makes you so sure you aren't wrong too?

Faithofchristian

The point is they, just like you, were absolutely certain they were God's elect few. They were wrong. What makes you so sure you aren't wrong too?

They are not anything like me. This is what happens when people like these people puts to much into their Pastor's, Preachers,
Which alot of people do.
This is just one of the many reasons why I don't belong to any church.
I just do not follow man's teachings.

Audie

Veteran Member
They are not anything like me. This is what happens when people like these people puts to much into their Pastor's, Preachers,
Which alot of people do.
This is just one of the many reasons why I don't belong to any church.
I just do not follow man's teachings.

Just your own, a solitary infallible in the wilderness-?-

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Must be a burden being the only one to have the esoteric knowledge needed to understand the word of God.

ecco

Veteran Member
These people, David Koresh, Jim Jones and Marshall Applewhite, didn't put their faith in other preachers. They started their own thing because, like you, they thought they were the select chosen.

Each of them would laugh at you for believing that you were a selected one because each of them, like you, knew they were the select chosen. Just like you know you are one.

Faithofchristian

These people, David Koresh, Jim Jones and Marshall Applewhite, didn't put their faith in other preachers. They started their own thing because, like you, they thought they were the select chosen.

Each of them would laugh at you for believing that you were a selected one because each of them, like you, knew they were the select chosen. Just like you know you are one.

Well if they were the elected ones, then they would haved definitely known, not to put their trust in man. But seeing that they put their trust in man, Then they were not the elected ones.

Seeing you, yourself have no idea what makes people to be the elected ones.

ecco

Veteran Member

Well if they were the elected ones, then they would haved definitely known, not to put their trust in man. But seeing that they put their trust in man, Then they were not the elected ones.
Why do you keep saying these people put their trust in MAN? They didn't. They put their trust in god because they believed that they were the elected ones. Just like you believe you are an elected one.

Seeing you, yourself have no idea what makes people to be the elected ones.
I do know what makes people believe they are the elected ones. I do know that David Koresh, Jim Jones and Marshall Applewhite and you all believe(d) you are the chosen ones.

Faithofchristian

Why do you keep saying these people put their trust in MAN? They didn't. They put their trust in god because they believed that they were the elected ones. Just like you believe you are an elected one.

I do know what makes people believe they are the elected ones. I do know that David Koresh, Jim Jones and Marshall Applewhite and you all believe(d) you are the chosen ones.

If they had put their trust in God, then they wouldn't haved listen to some man and committed suicide.
Seeing even you are mix up of not knowing the difference between man's teachings and the teachings of Christ Jesus.

ecco

Veteran Member
I do know that David Koresh, Jim Jones and Marshall Applewhite and you all believe(d) you are the chosen ones.
If they had put their trust in God, then they wouldn't haved listen to some man and committed suicide.
Seeing even you are mix up of not knowing the difference between man's teachings and the teachings of Christ Jesus.
You seem to have difficulty understanding English writing. That being the case, I find it hard to believe you are capable of understanding something as complex as the bible.

Let me try one more time.

Marshall Applewhite believed he was a chosen one.
Marshall Applewhite did not commit suicide because of what any man told him.
Marshall Applewhite committed suicide because he was preparing his earthly body to meet god.
Marshall Applewhite believed he was instructed to do so by god.

Jim Jones believed he was a chosen one.
Jim Jones did not commit suicide because of what any man told him.
Jim Jones committed suicide in preparation to meet god.
Jim Jones believed he was instructed to do so by god.

David Koresh believed he was a chosen one.
David Koresh did not commit suicide because of what any man told him.
David Koresh died defending his religious beliefs.
David Koresh believed he was instructed to do so by god.

You, Faithofchristian, believe you are a chosen one.

Are you, Faithofchristian, prepared to give your life when you come to believe you are instructed to do so by god?

Audie

Veteran Member
"You seem to have difficulty underdtanfing English..."

The writing is also at something like "Intro to Remedial"
level.

The skill level definitely suggests that "Divine Guidance"
will be needed, if infallible bible-readin' is going to
be achieved!

We see these sad people often, ones whose lives
are built around their faith in themselves as ones
specially gifted "of" god,

Of course, the religion is directed to the poor, the
slave, the downtrodden of all sorts, so this is
very predictable.

Low educational achievement goes hand in hand
with low income, and like as not feelings of inferiority,
resentmant, and lomging for transcendence.

This is the very transcendence that Christianity holds out
to the least among us, offering the chance to be
spiritually superior to them haughty rich others now,
and enormously elevated status in the afterlife!

"For the first ones now shall later be last"
as Zimmerman put it.