• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Three Branches about to Implode Simultaneously

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
We know the current executive branch has abandoned all sense of morals, ethics, and loyalty to the country. As we watch the Senate’s non-trial, we see the legislature following the executive branch into the abyss. And of course the smart money is predicting that John Roberts, our chief justice, is about to look the other way, thereby throwing the judiciary down the toilet as well.

So much for checks and balances. This entire, 250 year old experiment could well be about to fail. Argh.

Daemon Sophic

We know the current executive branch has abandoned all sense of morals, ethics, and loyalty to the country. As we watch the Senate’s non-trial, we see the legislature following the executive branch into the abyss. And of course the smart money is predicting that John Roberts, our chief justice, is about to look the other way, thereby throwing the judiciary down the toilet as well.

So much for checks and balances. This entire, 250 year old experiment could well be about to fail. Argh.
There have been some decades of deterioration leading us to this point, but yes.....the march over the cliff’s edge does not seem to be slowing.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
The biggest problem is that whichever party controls the Senate has too much unchecked oversight, I would argue this is one such example. This is present regardless of which political party is in power; whichever team holds the Senate, it typically ensures presidential safety in regards to impeachment. This sort of bias should be limited, instead, it seems encouraged.

PureX

Veteran Member

We have been witnessing the collapse of the United States government for a while now. Some say it started with Reagan, and some with "W", and others with the Citizen's United decision. It no longer matters, now. We have passed the point of correction, I think, and there is nowhere else to go but into the abyss. What amazes me is how tenaciously people are trying not to see it! How badly they want to pretend it's not what it is.

leov

Divide and rule

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I agree but not entirely. The House is doing its job passing bills which Mitch sits on and doing its proper job in investigating issues with the executive branch.

But when it comes to the trump party in charge of the Senate, trump and the politicized Supreme Court, yes we're in a dangerous situation.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
The U.S. is going to be fine, five years from now the doomsayers may very well be thinking "what was I thinking, trying to cause divisiveness and undermining democracy through my own unwarranted fears"

Stanyon

WWMRD?
If the democrats somehow defeat the venerable Donald Trump in 2020 and win both houses then I'm sure it will all be right as rain again.

Some might even thank some "God"
LOL!

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

The government can only be as good as the Voter Block. As long a the voters are willing to put up with a corrupt government we will have a corrupt government; however, I don't believe the Supreme court has the same issue. It has become more conservative but it is not become like the presidency and congress.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I think the American system is meant to hold up in times of extreme corruption. We all hold up America in our hearts even when the government abuse's all its powers.

I don't think organizing a militia against the current gov will be effective this time around.

A year to go on Trump. Half of America never wanted him. The other half is the key. All those taking a blind eye to Trump in office is disturbing though.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The U.S. is going to be fine, five years from now the doomsayers may very well be thinking "what was I thinking, trying to cause divisiveness and undermining democracy through my own unwarranted fears"
I remember Bush's supporters saying the same thing in the lead up to the 2004 election cycle.
Five years later they were blaming the disaster on Obama.
Tom

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Instead of the great experiment, think about it as the great stress test.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We have been witnessing the collapse of the United States government for a while now. Some say it started with Reagan, and some with "W", and others with the Citizen's United decision. It no longer matters, now. We have passed the point of correction, I think, and there is nowhere else to go but into the abyss. What amazes me is how tenaciously people are trying not to see it! How badly they want to pretend it's not what it is.
Could it be that you are the one being tenacious....but
to see downfall where there's merely infighting?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If the democrats somehow defeat the venerable Donald Trump in 2020 and win both houses then I'm sure it will all be right as rain again.

Some might even thank some "God"
LOL!
It's always doom & gloom with the other party is in power, eh.
It was just a couple years ago when Trump was decried as being
the next Hitler. Well, Poland is safe, & the ovens are cold.
I've seen rocky times for the country, the Constitution, & democracy
before. We survived. Money back guarantee we'll survive Trump.