• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Third Coming of Christ

herushura

Luke 12:38 "Whether he comes in the second watch, or even inInternational Standard Version (©2008)
How blessed they will be if their master comes in the middle of the night or near dawn and finds them awake!
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"Whether he comes in the second watch, or even in the third, and finds them so, blessed are those slaves.
GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
They will be blessed if he comes in the middle of the night or toward morning and finds them awake.
King James Bible
And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
American King James Version
And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
American Standard Version
And if he shall come in the second watch, and if in the third, and find them'so blessed are those'servants .
Bible in Basic English
And if he comes in the second division of the night or in the third, and they are watching for him, happy are those servants.
Douay-Rheims Bible
Darby Bible Translation
And if he come in the second watch, and come in the third watch, and find them thus, blessed are those bondmen.
English Revised Version
And if he shall come in the second watch, and if in the third, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
Webster's Bible Translation
Weymouth New Testament
And whether it be in the second watch or in the third that He comes and finds them so, blessed are they. World English Bible
They will be blessed if he comes in the second or third watch, and finds them so. Young's Literal Translation
and if he may come in the second watch, and in the third watch he may come, and may find it so, happy are those servants.

When the bible talks about Watches "Senseless Translation", it talking about times in a Day.
First Watch=Morning
Second Watch=Midday
Third Watch=Night

mateusz

i just joined this forum to share my views, and this is the first thread i read..i think my head just exploded...OH MY! I do understand where you are coming from though, all of you. This may be posibble, and in-fact the world sdeems very violent and treacherous these days, i can't wait till the end of the world. To experience it, now that would be AMAZING! Ive had this ominous feeling for the past 2 years, and its making me a little unnerved.

mateusz

I am sorry Neneni, a lot that I do on the computer is wrong, because I am not too computer savvy.
You ask me if I believe in reincarnation, and my answer is no I do not.

monomonk

heres my belief with re-incarnation. I myself base my religion off being a catholic, and the rest is my own bits and peices I attach and rearrange. So, I think that when I die, my spirit will be judged before Go, and I will be shown the errors I have made, and if I have not learned the lessons I was to learn in that life, I return to earth...as a kind of purgatory for to say. Unless of course, I am so lost from God, that I am no longer salvagable..then I am condemned to hell. Otherwise, once I have learned what is too be learned, my spirit is once again judged and If all is in favor, I access heavan, you with me? I also Believe that your spirit chooses your family on earth, so as to best apply the skills that need to be learned, and that coincidence and fate, are all there to guide you, if you defy them, they will leave you alone. A man can also control his world and the re-incarnated life isnt always on earth, It can be in many forms, dimensions, spiritualities etc.:sorry1: *rant.

Ben Masada

heres my belief with re-incarnation. I myself base my religion off being a catholic, and the rest is my own bits and peices I attach and rearrange. So, I think that when I die, my spirit will be judged before Go, and I will be shown the errors I have made, and if I have not learned the lessons I was to learn in that life, I return to earth...as a kind of purgatory for to say. Unless of course, I am so lost from God, that I am no longer salvagable..then I am condemned to hell. Otherwise, once I have learned what is too be learned, my spirit is once again judged and If all is in favor, I access heavan, you with me? I also Believe that your spirit chooses your family on earth, so as to best apply the skills that need to be learned, and that coincidence and fate, are all there to guide you, if you defy them, they will leave you alone. A man can also control his world and the re-incarnated life isnt always on earth, It can be in many forms, dimensions, spiritualities etc.:sorry1: *rant.
+++++++++++++++++++

Guess what? I have news for you: You don't have to worry about reincarnation or Hell
or any kind of afterlife. This life is what there is. Get the best you can out of it, because at death the body goes back to the dust, the breath of life mingles with the wind by going bach to God and soul, which is the combination of breath of life with the body is undone.

Ben:sorry1:

Heneni

Miss Independent
Well then...now that we have settled which coming it is....the second, the third, the first and certainly not the last...what do you say...we all get ready.

Would be funny though, if we dressed up and he never arrived. I'm getting ready though. I think hes going to pop back here shortly.

I can hardly wait!

Arch-Angel

The voice of one crying
monomonk the basis of your argument is that it doesn't make sense to you because it says He comes quickly. there are plenty of scriptural references to God imposing judgment quickly and it doesn't happen for another 70+ years, God said to Adam "do not eat of the fruit of the knowlege of good and evil for in that day you shall surely die" Adam did not instantly die, he lived another 900+ years. (some would say this is a contridiction but it is not, this could be on another topic to discuss.) on the other hand there is some judgment that is immediate like Annanias and Sapphira. The truth is that the time is God's time and no fabrication of what we think applies.do not use nor fit into the bible any other human thoughts of what you yourself think, read it as the writter intended or you will have a completely different outcome than what the writter was meaning, adding to it causes contridictions.

Jeremy Mason

I thought it was the second coming we are looking for? But something seems to be
wrong here. Christ said: "Behold, I come quickely.......". Revelation 22:7. 2000 years later does not seem like "quickely" to me. So lets take a look at this, see if we can solve this mystery.

In chapter 20 of Revelation we are told that Satan will be chained up for a thousand
years, and that Christ will live with his elect for a thousand years, then after that the
devil is let loose again for a while, then after that is the end of the world.

Now lets see if we can understand this: Let us suppose that Christ returned in the year
2000, just to round things off. This is suppose to be his second coming.
Satan is chained up for a thousand years, and during this thousand year time Christ is
living with his elect. Now at the end of this thousand years, that would bring us up to the year 3000. Now Satan is let loose to deceive the nations. But how long is Satan
allowed to do this deceiving? Here is what I visualize happened: Satan goes before
God and says: "Look, you gave that son of yours a thousand years to be with his elect, now give me a thousand years to be with my elect." Sounds reasonable, so that is what I think happened. So now, after Satan's thousand years that would put us
up to the year 4000 before the end of the world! Does anyone believe this? I don't.
I do not believe that this world will last another 2000 years before the coming of Christ to end this world. Do you? So if we do not believe this, then we are going to
have to readjust our thinking. Right?

Now, the only way that this coming of Christ in the end time could happen is that he
has already come the second time! Shortly after he went up in a cloud from the disciples he came back. We might make a guess and say that he stayed away for
ten years, or maybe fifteen years, then lived with his elect, probably in Europe.
So probably a few years after the year 1000 AD Satan was let loose on the world for
a thousand years, those thousand years are almost up. So what I think, is that we are looking for the Third Coming of Christ!

more to come. monomonk

This is a joke, right?

Ben Masada

i just joined this forum to share my views, and this is the first thread i read..i think my head just exploded...OH MY! I do understand where you are coming from though, all of you. This may be posibble, and in-fact the world sdeems very violent and treacherous these days, i can't wait till the end of the world. To experience it, now that would be AMAZING! Ive had this ominous feeling for the past 2 years, and its making me a little unnerved.

You can't wait till the end of the world! You are going to wait till your own end, then the world will be ended for you.

Ben :rolleyes:

Heneni

Miss Independent
You can't wait till the end of the world! You are going to wait till your own end, then the world will be ended for you.

Could be...and since you say our spirits return to the 'wind', and the wind is in the air...that is where we will meet jesus...in the air.

On the other hand, he might be born onto this planet again, and be persecuted once again, however this time he has the authority to overthrow nations. Thats also a nice end to a rather sad story.

On the other hand...if you have that many hands....is that jesus does actually come back as he said he would, with every nation and every tribe lamenting at the sign of jesus in the sky.

Heneni

Ben Masada

Could be...and since you say our spirits return to the 'wind', and the wind is in the air...that is where we will meet jesus...in the air.

On the other hand, he might be born onto this planet again, and be persecuted once again, however this time he has the authority to overthrow nations. Thats also a nice end to a rather sad story.

On the other hand...if you have that many hands....is that jesus does actually come back as he said he would, with every nation and every tribe lamenting at the sign of jesus in the sky.

Heneni

Tell me how much faith is possible for one to take? Till disappointment or till death?
Can't you do something to boost things up. I pity the faithful.

herushura

Spirit dont return to the Wind because Spirits are the Wind

The Hebrew word for Spirit is nauch meaning Breath/Wind/Air.

We will Seee Jesus(the Sun) is the Air(Sky)

The Sun(jesus) comes Everyday

First Watch=Morning (Son)
Second Watch = Noon (Father)
Third Watch = Evening (Holy Spirit)

Arch-Angel

The voice of one crying
And how does one determine the intentions of the writer?
good question. you read the whole book and everything that was going on during that time or any references made alluding to other books, you do not read a single verse and ask the question "what does this mean to me?" or "i wonder if he meant this".

Heneni

Miss Independent
good question. you read the whole book and everything that was going on during that time or any references made alluding to other books, you do not read a single verse and ask the question "what does this mean to me?" or "i wonder if he meant this".

Thats a good start. I think it is also good to ask the question.... Why did god include this in here? What is trying to tell me about himself or about me. Its not the intention of the writer that is as important as the intention of god for putting it in there.

The bible is like a slippery surface for someone who does not have the HS to teach them from it. Someone who does not have the HS, will struggle to interpret the scripture in the way god intends it to be interpreted for them.

Three people can get three different things from the same scripture. One could be totally incorrect but two others could both be right. There are many levels of truth. And one story can have many lessons to teach.

Heneni

Arch-Angel

The voice of one crying
Thats a good start. I think it is also good to ask the question.... Why did god include this in here? What is trying to tell me about himself or about me. Its not the intention of the writer that is as important as the intention of god for putting it in there.
i agree with most of this, but again like you said it is a slippery surface that must be carefully gone through. as general rule when something is written 3 times or more it is to drive home a point, or when something is listed usually the first thing in list is the meat of the matter. i would ask that anyone wanting to read the bible reads wisely and not form a conclusion til you have finished the bible, get the whole story and not just a piece of it.

Heneni

Miss Independent
i agree with most of this, but again like you said it is a slippery surface that must be carefully gone through. as general rule when something is written 3 times or more it is to drive home a point, or when something is listed usually the first thing in list is the meat of the matter. i would ask that anyone wanting to read the bible reads wisely and not form a conclusion til you have finished the bible, get the whole story and not just a piece of it.

I fully agree.:cool:

Ben Masada

I fully agree.:cool:

Without talking about the time used to study different portions of the Scriptures I have read the Bible from cover to cover 35 times to come up with my findings about
the subject we have been discussion here.

Ben :yes: