• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Terrible Twos..... With a happy ending?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Government can verify it's money, & issue replacement cash...so I've read.
I'll bet they charge a 90% commission for the service.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Since when was there a "Mutilated Currency Division"?
I lost a coupe thousand dollars when my house burned down a few years back.
I wish I knew about this then.:(

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Since when was there a "Mutilated Currency Division"?
I lost a coupe thousand dollars when my house burned down a few years back.
I wish I knew about this then.:(

I never heard of it myself until I saw the article. I wonder how long it's been around?

Twilight Hue

Government can verify it's money, & issue replacement cash...so I've read.
I'll bet they charge a 90% commission for the service.
Probably there is a fee involved . Can't picture too many government agencies that don't charge for services.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We had a dog chew up $100 bill about 20 years ago and mailed the pieces to the government - I've forgotten what office, but probably the nearest mint - and got a replacement bill through the mail at no charge, no questions asked, even though we had less than half of the original bill. We were pleasantly surprised.

Twilight Hue

We had a dog chew up $100 bill about 20 years ago and mailed the pieces to the government - I've forgotten what office, but probably the nearest mint - and got a replacement bill through the mail at no charge, no questions asked, even though we had less than half of the original bill. We were pleasantly surprised.
Whoever instituted that office be a Democrat or Republican has earned an honorary RF frubal from me.