• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The temple----Covenant box.

Mitty

How do you know that the stories about the American Revolution are true? How do you know the stories about the Ottoman Empire are true? How do you know the Catholic Inquisition is true?
Should we assume they are imaginative words on paper?
Then you haven't read what I said.
By simple deduction:
In other words you have no evidence that the biblical stories are not just imaginative words in a book, given that even Blind Freddy can see that the 10 commandments etc are obviously just man-made since they didn't apply to Abraham and his ancestors, nor to our aborigines who arrived here over 50,000 years before Adam's grandmother was a girl.

6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
In other words Psalm 2:6-8 is obviously about David who was a Jewish king and claimed that his god said that David was his god's begotten son.

When did David ever ask for the "uttermosts parts of the earth"? When did he ask for the "heathen for thine inheritance". When did God ever say to Jesus "Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee"?
So where did Jesus ever ask for the "uttermost parts of the earth"?

And where does the bible say that Jesus was a Jewish king?

And where did a god say to Jesus "Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee" given that Psalm 2:7 says that David was his god's begotten son?

Last edited:

The Anointed

Quote from - Ark of the Covenant - Wikipedia
“According to the Biblical narrative, a few years later the elders of Israel decided to take the Ark out onto the battlefield to assist them against the Philistines, after being defeated at the battle of Eben-Ezer. They were heavily defeated with the loss of 30,000 men”.
---------------
Apparently this ”box of war” didn´t help “the elders of Israel” – maybe because their God didn´t like wars ín “his” name . . .

Obviously you have never studied the scriptures in detail, if you think that maybe because their God didn´t like wars in “his” name.

Numbers 24: 17, "A king, like a bright star, will arise in that Nation. Like a comet he will come from Israel. He will strike the leaders of Moab and beat down all the people of Seth. He will conquer his enemies in Edom and make their land his property. While Israel continues victorious. The Nation of Israel will trample them down and wipe out the last survivors." Zechariah 12: 10; "They will look upon me and see the one who they pierced, etc."

Isaiah 63: 1-6, "Who is this coming from the city of Bozrah in Edom? Who is this so splendidly dressed in red, marching along in power and strength?" It is the Lord, powerful to save, coming to announce his victory. "Why is his clothing so red, like that of a man who tramples grapes to make wine?" . . . . . The Lord answers, "I have trampled the nations like grapes and no one came to help me. I trampled them in my anger, and their blood has stained all my clothing. I DECIDED THAT THE TIME TO SAVE MY PEOPLE HAD COME; it was time to punish their enemies.
I was amazed when I looked and saw that there was no one to help me. But my anger made me strong, and I won the victory myself. In my anger I trampled whole nations and shattered them, I poured out their life’s blood on the earth."

See Zechariah 14. The Lord will come to fight for his people Israel as he has fought in times past and from within the inner most sanctuary of his tabernacle (The kingdom of God is within you) which temporary tabernacle is the body of mankind, he will fight the enemies of Israel; those Nations who surround Jerusalem in their attempt to drive God's chosen people into the sea.

Perhaps the Philistines had heard of what happens to anyone, (apart from an Aaronite) who touched or set eyes on the box, and were afraid to uncover it.

Even today, no one seems to know in what image the Cherubs on the lid of the box were depicted, even though Ezekiel describes the cherubs.