• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Teachings of the Kingdom of Heaven, Rabbi Portnar

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
"Rabbi" Portnaar is not a rabbi. He has never received semicha and does not claim to have.

Furthermore, it is apparent from his writings that while he may be technically a Jew he is not what I would call Jewish. Rather, based upon his extensive writings on what he refers to as the Brit Chadasha and his apparent acceptance of Jesus as messiah, I would say he is a Christian.

This, of course, then opens up the question as to what exactly you mean when indicating your religion as "Jewish".

Victor

"Rabbi" Portnaar is not a rabbi. He has never received semicha and does not claim to have.

Furthermore, it is apparent from his writings that while he may be technically a Jew he is not what I would call Jewish. Rather, based upon his extensive writings on what he refers to as the Brit Chadasha and his apparent acceptance of Jesus as messiah, I would say he is a Christian.

This, of course, then opens up the question as to what exactly you mean when indicating your religion as "Jewish".

Thank you for your comment, a Jew is the internal aspect, it is the inner man. To be Jewish is not simply an external act of religious tradition. A jew is one that borrows evil and gives back in good. A Jew is one that has crossed over, as did Evre, whose name means to cross over. From which we recieved the Holy Language Evrit/Hebrew. That is to cross over from Babylon- the desire to receive for oneself, a Jew receives to in order to give.

A Rabbi by definition one who is learned in Torah a servant of HaShem, the one that brings Torah to the people, as the title Rabbi was given to sages due to their knowledge and not a piece of paper . Rabbi Portnar's knowledge of Torah, Talmud and the concealed Torah, can assure goes far beyond most Rabbis of our generation.

If you listen to his teachings on Zohar, Etz Chaim, TES L, Shlavei and other you will see he us privy to the deepest knowledge and understanding. Foundation Course Kabbalah is a much better start to listen to before diving into the deeper and more complex lessons.

Victor

Thank you for your comment, a Jew is the internal aspect, it is the inner man. To be Jewish is not simply an external act of religious tradition. A jew is one that borrows evil and gives back in good. A Jew is one that has crossed over, as did Evre, whose name means to cross over. From which we recieved the Holy Language Evrit/Hebrew. That is to cross over from Babylon- the desire to receive for oneself, a Jew receives to in order to give.

A Rabbi by definition one who is learned in Torah a servant of HaShem, the one that brings Torah to the people, as the title Rabbi was given to sages due to their knowledge and not a piece of paper . Rabbi Portnar's knowledge of Torah, Talmud and the concealed Torah, can assure goes far beyond most Rabbis of our generation.

If you listen to his teachings on Zohar, Etz Chaim, TES L, Shlavei and other you will see he us privy to the deepest knowledge and understanding. Foundation Course Kabbalah is a much better start to listen to before diving into the deeper and more complex lessons.

You will feel resistance at first but after listening to 5 or 6 lessons of Foundation Course Kabbalah, I think you may experience something quite unique.

Be well and Shalom!

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member

He is a Christian, essentially,
Then after after she recognized Yeshua as her savior, she began to develop as a human being. This means the spiritual "inner man/woman" grew in her. She became "human". This is difficult to understand for more people as they have no understanding of how creation works or the state they are in.

I found something that i thought was interesting. #7

Victor

The spiritual is not divided into religions, God Forbid, that would insinuate that there is more than one god. There is only one Eternal Creating strength. The statement you found was and is in fact about a quality/strength manifested by the One Eternal Creating Strength, which effectively developed in her due to her new found faith in the spirit but there are other strengths that are manifested by the Creator as well, which all have to be discovered within and developed to attain the condition of the complete eternal man. Therefore both the Brit Kodesh and Brit Chadashah have to be both developed in order to attain this. There is really one Testament/Covenant which is made in 2 parts the covenant in the flesh and covenant in the spirit, they both are required in order to attain complete unity with the One Creating Strength.

Has nothing to do with any religion...

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I had seen that. It's one reason I had posed my question to Victor.

Based upon his answer to my inquiry, I see no point in engaging in further conversation with him. My only concern is that he appears to be sailing under false colors,so to speak.
One has the freedom to call oneself whatever one wants, which often comes with pitfalls.

Victor

Based upon his answer to my inquiry, I see no point in engaging in further conversation with him. My only concern is that he appears to be sailing under false colors,so to speak.

This is why the sacred teachings of Kabbalah, were kept hidden for so many generations. And only now are being revealed in full, as the dogma created by people's egos, with partial and poor understanding of the Torah brought about by religions developed at a time when the masses simply would not be able to receive the true teachings of the inner Torah. There is not a single word or concept mentioned by Rabbi Portnar that cannot be derived from the Torah.

When the Torah was given, it was given as the upper fire, why fire? In order that eventually the egotistical desires of the external man will come to correction, in order for the eternal man to come forth, achieving the Gmar Tikkun. How else do you suppose the Gmar Tikkun would be achieved?

Last edited:

Victor

One has the freedom to call oneself whatever one wants, which often comes with pitfalls.

Again you are focused purely on the external aspect of labels, stereotypes and religious differences. In this spiritual none of this exists, there is only unity with the upper light. The snake is not some arbitrary creature running around enticing man, it is the external aspect of every man and woman, the ego and the evil inclination which are created for a purpose.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Again you are focused purely on the external aspect of labels, stereotypes and religious differences. In this spiritual none of this exists, there is only unity with the upper light. The snake is not some arbitrary creature running around enticing man, it is the external aspect of every man and woman, the ego and the evil inclination which are created for a purpose.
Right now, yes, I am talking about the mundane. That you give yourself the label 'Jewish' despite belief in the Christian messiah, as appears to be the case, is disingenuous and confusing. You have the freedom to believe whatever you want, I'm not challenging you there, but your intent here seems to have people believe you are Jewish when according to normative definitions you are not and would not be accepted by the Jewish people. RabbiO and I have an issue with this because you are effectively selling ignorant people a false brand of Judaism that has nothing to do with normative Orthodox Judaism. And not only this but attempting to teach people Kabbalah which, as I'm sure you're aware, is not for the uninitiated (but perhaps you reject this also).

Victor

Why did Maimonides himself, one of the greatest authorities of the Torah, state himself that in the days of MaShiach only the festival of Purim will be celebrated. Obviously he was privy to the understanding of what will occur, the change that will come about..

Last edited:

Victor

Why did Maimonudes himself, one of the greatest authorities of the Torah, state himself that in the days of MaShiach only the festival of Purim will be celebrated. Obviously he was privy to the understanding of what will occur, the change that will come about..

Maimonides, typo

Victor

Right now, yes, I am talking about the mundane. That you give yourself the label 'Jewish' despite belief in the Christian messiah, as appears to be the case, is disingenuous and confusing. You have the freedom to believe whatever you want, I'm not challenging you there, but your intent here seems to have people believe you are Jewish when according to normative definitions you are not and would not be accepted by the Jewish people. RabbiO and I have an issue with this because you are effectively selling ignorant people a false brand of Judaism that has nothing to do with normative Orthodox Judaism. And not only this but attempting to teach people Kabbalah which, as I'm sure you're aware, is not for the uninitiated (but perhaps you reject this also).

God forbid, I have no wish to take advantage of anyone. What is a Jew? to understand this, to truly understand it requires, a deep study of the inner Torah. The Torah, talks about only the development of a single soul, the eternal man. All characters, places and etc... are strengths, qualities and characteristics of Light at a given level, will, intention to realize the purpose of creation. For lack of a better way to describe the spiritual, the Kabbalist who attained the level of Moshe used the surrounding world to describe the spiritual so that there could be some degree of understanding, depending on the level attained by the reader. Therefore there are many levels of understanding Torah, while in our world its understood by most as a story. Otherwise how would you write about the spiritual....

Victor

If you believe in the Christian messiah, you are not Jewish; you may be borne of a Jewish mother, but are not Jewish in faith. Perhaps you'd address this issue?

First of all Yeshua was a Jew and he came to bring the covenant of the spirit, in order for Jews to gain the ability to attain the full correction. Yeshua came out of Egypt, this is no accident, as he attained the full correction, that is what coming out of Egypt really means. He was guven the knowledge of the 2nd part of the covenant, the covenant in the spirit to give this to Jews so that they could attain the full correction. Yeshua had nothing to do with Christianity as it simply didn't exist at the time nor did he preach any new religion or faith.

Again I have no idea why Yeshua to this day is attributed with creation of Christianity, his teachings were aimed directly at the Jews, opening for them the deeper meanings in the Torah and God's intention for the Jewish people.

Christianity is simply a later off-shoot and in many parts very poorly understood Yeshua's teachings of the inner Torah. As there were no kabbalists of this level at that time. As that would have required a full correction, which did not exist prior to Yeshua and his teachings of the Brit Chadashah.

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
First of all Yeshua was a Jew and he came to bring the covenant of the spirit, in order for Jews to gain the ability to attain the full correction. Yeshua came out of Egypt, this is no accident, as he attained the full correction, that is what coming out of Egypt really means. He was guven the knowledge of the 2nd part of the covenant, the covenant in the spirit to give this to Jews so that they could attain the full correction. Yeshua had nothing to do with Christianity as it simply didn't exist at the time nor did he preach any new religion or faith.

Again I have no idea why Yeshua to this day is attributed with creation of Christianity, his teachings were aimed directly at the Jews, opening for them the deeper meanings in the Torah and God's intention for the Jewish people.

Christianity is simply a later off-shoot and in many parts misunderstood teaching of Yeshua's teachings of the inner Torah.
There is no 'second part of the covenant', this is a nonsense.