• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The tea thread

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Guys after the Coffee thread I decided to start one about tea. One of the most sacred moments in the Anglo-Saxon world...and beyond.;)
Tell me everything you like. What kinds of teas you like, how you drink it...

tea-cup-2107599_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I am into Earl Grey tea with some lemon juice and lots of sugar.
I used to like iced peach tea...but now I prefer lemon tea.
Mint tea is also nice, but only in the coldest days of the year.

In my country lemon is the flavor we use the most, as for sugared drinks.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I like Irish Breakfast with a savory breakfast in the morning.
Throughout the day I like an orange and cinnamon tea, simply called sweet and spicy.
And evenings and for relaxing I like jasmine green tea.
I also like iced (black) tea, which this one I will add a bit of sugar to.
If I have English breakfast, I like it sweetened with a bit of maple syrup.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Guys after the Coffee thread I decided to start one about tea. One of the most sacred moments in the Anglo-Saxon world...and beyond.;)
Tell me everything you like. What kinds of teas you like, how you drink it...

tea-cup-2107599_1280.jpg
I like pure darjeeling tea

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Mornings are time for orange juice and coffee, I don't usually drink tea until lunchtime but this morning i am lying in bed not feeling well, hubby has brought me a cup of English breakfast, so coincidentally i am sipping tea as i write this post.

I usually drink stronger black teas or green tea. I've not drank tea the english way (with milk) since my teen years, nor do i take sugar in tea.

I will usually have a cup of black tea after lunch. Afternoon tea (if i find time to enjoy a cup) will be ether a black tea or a green tea depending on mood.

Lapsang Souchong, Ceylon or Assam for preference.
Jasmine flavoured green tea is a firm favourite.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Oolong with mango peach juice. Hot or cold. (I make it a half gallon at a time.) Between my son and I, a half gallon might last us between 24 hours to 36 hours.

Last edited:

crossfire

Premium Member
If the store is out of mango peach juice, I'll make black tea with mint and add some tart cherry juice to it.

crossfire

Premium Member
I also like Korean honey tea: citron, omija, or ginger. I'll mix it into some green tea.

crossfire

Premium Member
Has anyone else noticed a massive spike in the price of loose leaf oolong over the past year?

crossfire

Premium Member
Does anyone else prefer loose leaf over tea bags? I find a big difference in taste and quality.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Does anyone else prefer loose leaf over tea bags? I find a big difference in taste and quality.

I used to have a plant of green tea. The scent of this plant was incredible. I used to make tea with the leaves and it was great. Very good. Much better than green tea in bags.

exchemist

Veteran Member
We mainly drink a blend of Assam and Darjeeling, to which I add a small pinch of Lapsang Souchong for a hint of smoke. This is always proper loose-leaf tea, rather than tea bags, and therefore made in a teapot. We drink it with a dash of milk, in the English style, which softens the tannin. We drink tea twice a day, once at breakfast and again at tea time (!), around 5 p.m. A year or two ago the price of Darjeeling shot up, due, we were told, to terrorism in the hills where it is grown. So I altered the blend from 50:50 to 30:70 Darjeeling:Assam.

When I cook stir-fries, my son makes Oolong tea to drink with it, which of course we drink black. Oolong is gentle and ever so slightly sweet, I find.

My wife, like many French people, used to like tisanes in the evening. We still drink a bit of these. I favour a citrus one, as I am not keen on camomile or réglisse (liquorice). However, now that I have a bit of old man's trouble I drink these less, to avoid needing to get up in the night.;)

crossfire

Premium Member
I have a funny story about making tea: The first time I tried to brew a pot of loose-leaf green tea, I absent-mindedly measured out my green tea into my French press in the same measure as I would if I was brewing my usual strong coffee. I wound up with a mass of rehydrated green tea leaves in my teapot. :p

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I typically have three teas in my cupboard. Earl Grey, rooibos red, and chamomile, all Twinings brand.

All three I drink with a half teaspoon of Truvia.

I drink Early Grey late morning and early afternoon, the rooibos red in the evening, and chamomile before bed.