• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The sweet and bitter 'little book' that John ate

kaoticprofit

The Sweet and Bitter Little Book of Revelation 10
I've often pondered whether Revelation is sequential or chronological. It's a common thing for people to over lap prophecies and say the events in one chapter are repeated in another. By doing that they prop up their inconsistent viewpoints. Dozens of false viewpoints have resulted from this practice. I see no reason why God would find it necessary to repeat the same message twice within the same book. The only way the book makes sense is as chronological sequence of current events. This is how people who overlap prophecies in Revelation looks like.

Seals)1 2 3 4 5 6 7=(Trumpets)1 2 3 4 5 6 7=(Bowls)1 2 3 4 5 6 7. I don't believe it!

It's interesting that chapter nine is all about the Arabs, Muslim's, and the jihadist. Chapter ten is about the Koran. And Chapter 11 is about the two murdered witnesses in the temple area which is currently occupied by the Dome of the Rock . Islam is found in Prophecy all over the bible.

Revelation 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

The angel is flying in mid-heaven which Strong's says is, "the highest point in the heavens, which the sun occupies at noon, where what is done can be seen and heard by all."

We may or may not see some sign of this angel in the sky from earth, and maybe it's all in the spiritual realm. In the last verse of chapter 8, the angel warns us of 'three woes" to come. The fifth angel sounds in 9:1 beginning the WOE where a star falls from heaven, has the key to the bottomless pit, and opens it releasing the locust in verse 2. The first WOE ends in verse 12 at the sounding of the 6th trumpet in verse 13. And then come the jihadist and suicide bombers etc.,

The 6th trumpet runs right through chapter 11 verse 15. All those events are within one seal, the seventh seal. This implies that they will swiftly come to pass in a short period of time. For those who believe in the 70th week, which I'm still skeptic of, the time frame estimates run from 30 days to 3 months.

Chapter 10 is easier by far to decipher than chapter 9 by far.

V-1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

A strong angel is mentioned 3 times in Revelation, a clue of the angelic hierarchy of angels having different strengths and responsibilities. Being clothed in a cloud is a sign that this could be Jesus, and the rainbow does as well. I'm not sure if it really matters whether it's him or another angel, but it sure appears that it is. Call it post-trib or pre-wrath, I'm convinced the rapture happens in chapter 14 where "the son of man, sat on a white cloud.

Rev 14:14 "And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle."
This angel has a rainbow, and so does Jesus in Revelation 4:3.

"And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald."

So this could very well be Jesus Christ who I'm also convinced was an angel high in the angelic hierarchy, but it doesn't matter if he is, or he isn't.

v-2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,

1474852008.png

..and he set his right foot upon the sea. The Sea represents restless masses of society, usually unruly and lawless.

...and his left foot on the earth. The Earth represents society, not literal dirt.

That implies that this "little book" has been distributed worldwide, impacting all of earths' societies. It shows us the extensive influence it has on the planet. It is the Koran. Back to verse one for a moment...

There are seven colors to a rainbow. Jesus in Revelation 3 is said to have seven Spirits and seven stars in his hand. The throne of God is described with Jesus sitting upon it surrounded with a rainbow...

"Revelation 4:3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald."

This implies that Jesus has available to him, seven different types of spiritual power, which comprises of seven different types of angelic beings high on the scale of hierarchy, each having different powers and responsibilities. This verse confirms that idea.

Mathew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Commentators incorrectly interpret that verse to claim Jesus is all powerful. When the word ALL is used without the article, it means "every kind or every variety of power." It doesn't mean that Jesus has the same strength and power as God almighty, but that of every "kind of power" God does have, is available to Jesus.
To some degree, tat is implied here since Jesus is said to have the 'SEVEN SPIRITS AND STARS.'

Revelation 3:1 These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars. Revelation 3:3 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he (Jesus) that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars.
When John is taken to heaven in chapter 4, there too is a rainbow around the throne that appears embedded, "like unto," an emerald stone.

"And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God." The seven spirits of God. That's the Holy Spirit. Jesus and every hierarchy of angels, all comprise of God's Holy spirit.

So this is all a pretty good indication that this "strong angel" IS Jesus.

"V-3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices."

Vines says the word CRIED here is, "chiefly of the utterances of heavenly beings concerning earthly matters."

So now the mighty angel Jesus cries out with a loud voice which John describes as sounding like a lion, as though hewas calling for the seven thunders to speak...

..."and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices."

In verse four the seven thunders is likely the Holy Spirit is speaking to him. They "uttered their voices," instructing John NOT write or document what he heard from the seven thunders, whereas the Strong angel tells John to eat the book, indicating two different events coming from two different sources. It would be a bit odd for John to have heard the entire contents of the book utterance of the seven thunders. I think he is being told the evil nature of it. All this is within the open scroll while the seventh seal is open.
V-4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

In Revelation 5:1 we have Jesus holding a seven sealed scroll in his right hand. John could tell even while it was still sealed that it was written both "within it, and also on the back side of it.

"And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals."

In Revelation 6 the seals begin to open and John's encounter with this sweet and bitter book is while the scroll is open. All chronological.

kaoticprofit

Most commentators think that what the 7 thunders uttered, is what is written in the little book because John is told 'not' to write what he hears from them. They think the little book is a 'sealed book,' and upon that premise, associate it with the book of Daniel who was told to, "shut up the words, and seal the book, (Book of Daniel) even to the time of the end."

"But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased."

There's no indication that what John was told "to seal and shut up the words in verse 4," was the contents of the little book in verse 8 that John ate. No one knows what John heard not to write, but it wouldn't surprise me if John heard something in the line of Islam and the Koran. This "sweet and bitter little book" has two sects, represented in the two horned beast of Rev. 13. Islam is counterfeit Christianity. They have a false god, false prophet, false book, and a false prophetic scenario with a returning false messiah. Islam perfectly fills the criteria of counterfeit Christianity, and the prophecies I see in the book of Revelation.
In verse 8, the 7 thunders uttered AGAIN, so that indicates a different discourse. The conversation now goes into the angel telling John to eat the book. So John eats the thing and consumes the contents of this "sweet and bitter book,"

V-5-6 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

Verse five and six authenticates Jesus as one who has all the attributes symbolically represented in the "strong angel." That is now confirmed by God who 'created heaven'. But the last part of verse six, "that there should be time no longer," may have an interesting meaning.

Thayer says that the word 'time' in Revelation 10:6 is, "the time since the star began to shine." I have to research why he would say that since a STAR is symbol of Islam, and Lucifer is said to be the "morning Star."

You can confirm that here. Just read what Thayer says.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...gs=G5550&t=KJV

Does this means that at this point in the book of Revelation, the time has come where there will soon be no more Islam? I hope so. Since the vials of chapter 15 appear to be poured out primarily on Muslims to get them to repent in chapter 15. Even if it does not, the time remaining from this point on in the book is very short.

..."and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth," The sea represents restless masses of society, usually unruly and lawless.

The earth represents society and not literal dust or mud. This means that this "little book" is one that is unruly, lawless, and worldwide across all societies.

"And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices."

Muhammad claimed that thunder and the lightning are two of Allah's angels.

"V-7-8 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets. And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth."

In the days of the voice of the seventh angel, we are closing in on the end of Revelation's mystery.

John was told to seal up those things and NOT write what the seven thunders uttered in verse 4. There's no indication that what John was told to seal and NOT write in verse 4, was the contents of the little book he ate in verse 8. In verse 8 when the 7 thunders uttered AGAIN, indicates to me that this is about the 'little book' which was sweet as honey yet bitter to his belly, and not NOT the same instructions to seal and not write in verse 4.
Ezekiel also eats a book in chapter 3...
V-1-4 "Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel. So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll. And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness. And he said unto me, Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with my words unto them."

The difference between John eating the 'little book,' and Ezekiel eating the roll, or book, is that John's belly turns bitter, and Ezekiel's does not. Ezekiel is also told the purpose for eating the roll, "eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel." The contents of the roll must have been what God wanted Ezekiel to prophesy to the "house of Israel." Much of which was not very pleasant, yet, his belly DID NOT turn bitter!

Most commentators tell us that the 'little book' is the bible. Some say it is Revelation itself. And some say it's the book of Daniel. In either case, that would seem unlikely since Ezekiel's belly didn't turn bitter after consuming the roll. I would say that John's belly wouldn't either IF the 'little book' was the bible, Revelation, or Daniel. You would think that Ezekiel's belly would have turned bitter since verses 5-7 say Israel, "WOULD NOT hearken to Ezekiel!"

Ezekiel 3:5-7 "For thou art not sent to a people of a strange speech and of an hard language, but to the house of Israel; Not to many people of a strange speech and of an hard language, whose words thou canst not understand.Surely, had I sent thee to them, they would have hearkened unto thee. But the house of Israel will not hearken unto thee; for they will not hearken unto me: for all the house of Israel are impudent and hardhearted."
Ezekiel's instructions after eating the roll is similar to that of John. Go Prophesy, and "get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with my words unto them."

If the little book John eats is the bible, then that doesn't work well with the following chapter, Revelation 11, which is about the Temple Mount area which is NOW 'occupied' by the anti-Christ monument of the Dome of the Rock. So in my view, there's much that works AGAINST this 'little book' being the bible or any other inspired book from God.

V-9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
V-10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
V-11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings..

hqdefault_orig.jpg

http://www.blacksheepprophecies.com/index.html

Last edited:

kaoticprofit

A verrrry long post I won't read.
That's the problem with Christians today they have no depth or substance. You say, "Learning more about Jehovah." Christians don't know HOW to study the Word of God these days. They put no time or effort into the endeavor. If a person can't take ten minutes to read a study others spend hours compiling, then they shouldn't say something like, "learning more about Jehovah."

Ecclesiastes 7:25 ESV
I turned my heart to know and to search out and to seek wisdom and the scheme of things, and to know the wickedness of folly and the foolishness that is madness.

Proverbs 1:5 ESV
Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance,

Proverbs 18:15 ESV
An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
That's the problem with Christians today they have no depth or substance. You say, "Learning more about Jehovah." Christians don't know HOW to study the Word of God these days. They put no time or effort into the endeavor. If a person can't take ten minutes to read a study others spend hours compiling, then they shouldn't say something like, "learning more about Jehovah."

Ecclesiastes 7:25 ESV
I turned my heart to know and to search out and to seek wisdom and the scheme of things, and to know the wickedness of folly and the foolishness that is madness.

Proverbs 1:5 ESV
Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance,

Proverbs 18:15 ESV
An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.

I've been hobby studying Christianity for well over 20 years.

I feel I am learning more about God and the Bible.

One of my two degrees comes from a Christian University.

kaoticprofit

I've been hobby studying Christianity for well over 20 years.

I feel I am learning more about God and the Bible.

One of my two degrees comes from a Christian University.
That's good, and it can only help you serve the Lord better, but it doesn't mean you know everything there is to know, about, everything there is to know about! Christians seem to have no problem watching a half hour segment of, "Big Guy,' yet have trouble reading a ten minute post.

jeager106

Premium Member
That's good, and it can only help you serve the Lord better, but it doesn't mean you know everything there is to know, about, everything there is to know about! Christians seem to have no problem watching a half hour segment of, "Big Guy,' yet have trouble reading a ten minute post.

The more I learn the more I know how much I don't know.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
A verrrry long post I won't read.
For long articles, personally use a speech program where you can copy the text you'd like to be read...Speakonia for Windows is free. ;)
Islam is found in Prophecy all over the bible.
There are some prophecies referring to Muslims; yet find you've stretched lots of things to fit with Revelation.

There is a scroll/book (H5612) revealed by the prophets (Revelation 10:7), which explains what the thunders uttered....

Also start of Revelation refers to the issues within the church, not outside it. :innocent:

kaoticprofit

The more I learn the more I know how much I don't know.
Absolutely true. The more I learn the more I realize how little I really know. I don't mean this post to be belittling in any way jeager106.

There's another forum that I have since removed myself from where there's a guy who's a Preterist and claims to have several degrees. One Masters, two Bachelor's degrees, and one associates in some area of Christianity. He's the most misled and fabricating person I've ever met in the 15 or so years I've been on forums. He gets about NOTHING right! Bottom line is college degrees are somewhat meaningless when it come to understanding the Word of God. When one goes to "Christian University's" people are typically taught on the basis of the doctrines the University believes. I've been there and that's why I dropped out. I could see that what I was being taught wasn't at all objective. So now, I do all of my own studies.

jeager106

Premium Member
Absolutely true. The more I learn the more I realize how little I really know. I don't mean this post to be belittling in any way jeager106.

There's another forum that I have since removed myself from where there's a guy who's a Preterist and claims to have several degrees. One Masters, two Bachelor's degrees, and one associates in some area of Christianity. He's the most misled and fabricating person I've ever met in the 15 or so years I've been on forums. He gets about NOTHING right! Bottom line is college degrees are somewhat meaningless when it come to understanding the Word of God. When one goes to "Christian University's" people are typically taught on the basis of the doctrines the University believes. I've been there and that's why I dropped out. I could see that what I was being taught wasn't at all objective. So now, I do all of my own studies.

I think I agree with this post for the most part.
No, Christian Universities are not objective.
I had to become objective and keep an open mind.
Ergo why I'm not associated with any religious Christian denomination.
Most proclaim "We are right." = W.A.R. = WAR.