• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The stars shall fall from heaven...

Faithofchristian

Actually, my bible, The New American Standard, reads "on their right hand". And the oldest recorded version of the number of the beast is 616, and not 666. Deuteronomy 6:8 also reads "on your hand".

That's because in case l you didn't know..
The New American Standard = NAS.
Is nothing more than man tampering with God's word along with the help of Satan..by twisting God's word into what mans teachings wants God's word to say..

This is why Jesus Christ condemned man's teachings in Matthew 15:7-9.
7--"You hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8--"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9--"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men"
There you have Jesus Christ himself condemning man's teachings.

Therefore your NAS is nothing more than what man's teachings has incorporated into it along with the help of Satan

74x12

Actually, my bible, The New American Standard, reads "on their right hand". And the oldest recorded version of the number of the beast is 616, and not 666. Deuteronomy 6:8 also reads "on your hand".
Oldest recorded version reads 616? Whose version was that? My point is; it was rejected for a reason. That's because it was some fringe sect that used it. Just because you find an older version doesn't mean it's the original. It just means that most people didn't copy from that version. Probably for a good reason.

2ndpillar

[
Oldest recorded version reads 616? Whose version was that? My point is; it was rejected for a reason. That's because it was some fringe sect that used it. Just because you find an older version doesn't mean it's the original. It just means that most people didn't copy from that version. Probably for a good reason.

The oldest version of Revelation with 616 precedes 666 by around 100 years. The version of 666 was published by the Roman church which attributed 666 to Nero. Although Nero was a horn of the 6th head of the beast, he was not the 7th beast with two horns like a lamb. You give too much credit to the Roman church and their role as an editor. This 616 old writing is a recent discover. It simply undermines the position of those who hold to 666, and yet have no idea who it represents. Beast's real mark devalued to '616'

2ndpillar

That's because in case l you didn't know..
The New American Standard = NAS.
Is nothing more than man tampering with God's word along with the help of Satan..by twisting God's word into what mans teachings wants God's word to say..

This is why Jesus Christ condemned man's teachings in Matthew 15:7-9.
7--"You hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8--"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9--"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men"
There you have Jesus Christ himself condemning man's teachings.

Therefore your NAS is nothing more than what man's teachings has incorporated into it along with the help of Satan

The only bible that I am aware of that says "in your hand", is the King James version, which was dedicated to the glory of King James, who was apparently somewhat of a man, with some reservations. While it is not an uncommon idea that the KJB is held in higher regard than justified, that thought is simply not justified in fact. As for the commandments of men versus God, that would be the gospel of the kingdom, preached by Yeshua, versus the false gospel of grace by the false prophet Paul. The gospel of grace (lawlessness) has a following of "many" (Matthew 7:13-14), but that path is to "destruction".

Faithofchristian

The only bible that I am aware of that says "in your hand", is the King James version, which was dedicated to the glory of King James, who was apparently somewhat of a man, with some reservations. While it is not an uncommon idea that the KJB is held in higher regard than justified, that thought is simply not justified in fact. As for the commandments of men versus God, that would be the gospel of the kingdom, preached by Yeshua, versus the false gospel of grace by the false prophet Paul. The gospel of grace (lawlessness) has a following of "many" (Matthew 7:13-14), but that path is to "destruction".

Well it's obvious you don't have a clue or idea about king James..

king James chosen 40 men that were well known in the Hebrew and Greek languages..
king James took these 40 men and had them to translate the Hebrew and Greek languages into the English language.

But also king James gave these 40 men a strict order not to add their words or their thoughts into their translation.
That if they were caught in doing so..they and their family and relatives would be taken out in the town square and hanged and burned at the stake..
Had you studied about how the history of the king James bible came about..chances is..you would have known these things.

the NASB is nothing more than man teachings Incorporated in the NASB.

The New American Standard Bible (NASB) is an English translation of the Bible by the Lockman Foundation. The New Testament was first published in 1963, and the complete Bible in 1971. The most recent edition of the NASB text was published in 1995.
The King James version bible was translated into English in 1611.
Which out dates the NASB and out dates all the other Bible's by far.

This is why the king James bible is the number one best selling bible there is.

Because the king James bible does not have man's teachings corporated into it.

But being translated from the very Hebrew and Greek languages into English language.

This why you'll find words in the NASB that are not found in the king James bible

Because the NASB has mans teachings and thoughts Incorporated into it.
This is why in the NIV you'll find the rapture being in it..
But no where in the king James bible will you find anything about a rapture.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

Well it's obvious you don't have a clue or idea about king James..

king James chosen 40 men that were well known in the Hebrew and Greek languages..
king James took these 40 men and had them to translate the Hebrew and Greek languages into the English language.

But also king James gave these 40 men a strict order not to add their words or their thoughts into their translation.
That if they were caught in doing so..they and their family and relatives would be taken out in the town square and hanged and burned at the stake..
Had you studied about how the history of the king James bible came about..chances is..you would have known these things.

the NASB is nothing more than man teachings Incorporated in the NASB.

The New American Standard Bible (NASB) is an English translation of the Bible by the Lockman Foundation. The New Testament was first published in 1963, and the complete Bible in 1971. The most recent edition of the NASB text was published in 1995.
The King James version bible was translated into English in 1611.
Which out dates the NASB and out dates all the other Bible's by far.

This is why the king James bible is the number one best selling bible there is.

Because the king James bible does not have man's teachings corporated into it.

But being translated from the very Hebrew and Greek languages into English language.

This why you'll find words in the NASB that are not found in the king James bible

Because the NASB has mans teachings and thoughts Incorporated into it.
This is why in the NIV you'll find the rapture being in it..
But no where in the king James bible will you find anything about a rapture.

I think that the KJB had 47 scholars writing it, and one of its most famous errors was quoting from the 10 commandments "that thou shalt commit adultery". Probably a Freudian slip by the scholars. As for the NASB, the quote is the same for every other bible that I know of except from the one coming from the English monarchy. Keep in mind, that "beasts" of the bible were all monarchs/kings, such as Nebuchadnezzar, Alexander, Caesar, etc. The KJB was just another English produced bible. Its distinction was that it was approved by the monarchy/king. Constantine, the beast with 2 horns like a lamb, also printed 50 bibles, but they have not survived to this day.

Faithofchristian

In Revelation 13:16, the Greek word translated in the KJV as on is - ἐπὶ
The Greek word translated in the KJV in Revelation 13:16 as in is - ἐπὶ

It's the same word!!

The word ( in ) and ( on ) does not hold the same meaning..
As I put it in my desk.
Versus I put it on my desk.
By this shows the word ( in ) and ( on )
does not hold the same meaning as you claim
The word ( in ) as used in the KJV 1611.
Revelation 13:16 stands as is.
Meaning it's in the hand and in the forehead.
The words ( in ) and ( on ) completely different meanings.

Faithofchristian

I think that the KJB had 47 scholars writing it, and one of its most famous errors was quoting from the 10 commandments "that thou shalt commit adultery". Probably a Freudian slip by the scholars. As for the NASB, the quote is the same for every other bible that I know of except from the one coming from the English monarchy. Keep in mind, that "beasts" of the bible were all monarchs/kings, such as Nebuchadnezzar, Alexander, Caesar, etc. The KJB was just another English produced bible. Its distinction was that it was approved by the monarchy/king. Constantine, the beast with 2 horns like a lamb, also printed 50 bibles, but they have not survived to this day.

Your one those that no matter how proof is provided you still will not accept it..
Have a good day.bye

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that the KJB had 47 scholars writing it, and one of its most famous errors was quoting from the 10 commandments "that thou shalt commit adultery".
This was a printing error long afterwards in 1631. It was known as the Wicked Bible.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The word ( in ) and ( on ) does not hold the same meaning..
As I put it in my desk.
Versus I put it on my desk.
By this shows the word ( in ) and ( on )
does not hold the same meaning as you claim
The word ( in ) as used in the KJV 1611.
Revelation 13:16 stands as is.
Meaning it's in the hand and in the forehead.
The words ( in ) and ( on ) completely different meanings.
I've not really a dog in this fight at all, but will just point out that prepositions are far from solid. As a lover of Elizabethan poetry I can tell you that in and on seem especially fluid and interchangeable at times. 'At' and 'in' are hardly the same, but I say 'at school' while I've noticed others say 'in school' to mean the same thing in certain contexts.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm no scholar of Greek, but I do know how to research. There is another Greek word used in Revelation. That word apparently has multiple definitions including "in", "on" and "at". That word is εν. That, however, is not a word used in the verse under discussion.
I should have known this after my little study of it. Such as the beginning of John is 'En arche.'

Faithofchristian

I've not really a dog in this fight at all, but will just point out that prepositions are far from solid. As a lover of Elizabethan poetry I can tell you that in and on seem especially fluid and interchangeable at times. 'At' and 'in' are hardly the same, but I say 'at school' while I've noticed others say 'in school' to mean the same thing in certain contexts.

I see what your saying and that very well could be..but the word ( in ) being used we find a lot of emphasis in it bring used twice..that it couldn't be taking no other way.
let's take a look at Revelation 13:16
" And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads"
Notice the word ( in ) being used twice for
Emphasis.
the meaning of Emphasis (special importance, value, or prominence given to something)

So here we find Revelation 13:16 emphasis being used twice for the word ( In ) .so it can not be taken in no other way.
But ( in ) their right hand or ( in ) their
forheads..

Last edited:

2ndpillar

This was a printing error long afterwards in 1631. It was known as the Wicked Bible.

According to "Faith of Christian", the KJB was being written under the umbrella of the Holy Spirit. Apparently the Holy Spirit wanted to show that the bible was being written by an adulterous generation. The fact that the KJB still claims such things as Luke had "perfect understanding (Luke 1:3), kind kills their idea of their"perfect bible".

2ndpillar

Well, the whole notion of King James, the head of the English church, which was established so that another king of England, Henry the VIII, could divorce his wife, kind of exemplifies the notion of an adulterous nation versus one under God. On the other hand, divorcing themselves from the Roman Church, could be put in a good light.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Possibly you could read the verse in context of the overall day of the Lord, the great tribulation, such as Armageddon, whereas you could compare falling stars with shooting stars, which are not actual stars, and they would weigh "one hundred pounds each" (Revelation 16:21). In context of Zechariah 14:12, possibly multiple warheads of a nuclear weapon in which the individual payloads weigh around 100 pounds each. The consequences of which would be a darkened nuclear winter.

I believe meteor showers happen often so it isn't a sure thing that the one Jesus talked about in Matthew is the same one He told John about in Revelations.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The one "who has understanding" can calculate the number of the beast (Revelation 13:18). The mark and the number of the beast are two different things. The number of the beast is the number of his name. The "mark" is a replica of the mark on the hand and forehead of Dt 6:8. The mark of Dt 6:8 is keeping the commandments of God. The mark of the beast, is keeping the commandments/decrees of the beast.

I don't believe one can directly relate Dt. 6:8 to anything in Revelations.

People have been marked for their religious beliefs in the past. At least some of the Islamic community required Christians and Jews to be distinguished and Hitler made Jews wear a yellow star.

Muffled

Jesus in me
it's a vision of a nuclear war

I believe if it is a choice to believe God puts it in the mind of man to perform His judgments or He performs the Judgments Himself, I tend to think He prefers to do the judgments Himself although there are certainly instances when He did have men do it.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I believe if it is a choice to believe God puts it in the mind of man to perform His judgments or He performs the Judgments Himself, I tend to think He prefers to do the judgments Himself although there are certainly instances when He did have men do it.
yeah …..like crossing the river into the promised land
and it was already occupied

or sending two angels into Sodom and Gomorrah ...to kill everything

or the angel of Death to kill the first borne

2ndpillar

I don't believe one can directly relate Dt. 6:8 to anything in Revelations.

People have been marked for their religious beliefs in the past. At least some of the Islamic community required Christians and Jews to be distinguished and Hitler made Jews wear a yellow star.

Dt 6:8 is an example of a mark on one's hand and forehead. There seems to be a relevant connection.