• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Spirit that Raised Jesus

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Didn't Jesus raise himself?

Doesn't the Son of Man raise all, like the serpent in the desert?

Roman 8:11
And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

idav

Being
Premium Member

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.
  • God the Father raised Jesus (Acts 2:24, 32; 3:15, 26; 4:10; 5:30; 10:40; 13:30, 33, 34, 37).
  • God raised Him up again (Rom. 4:24; 6:4[through the glory of the Father]); 10:9; 1 Cor. 6:14; Gal. 1:1; Col. 2:12).
  • The Holy Spirit is somehow involved in the resurrection of Jesus:
    Romans 8:11 “But if the Spirit of Him who raised…”
    Romans 1:4 “who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord,…”
  • The Son Himself lays down His life and takes it up again — John 10:17-18

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
  • God the Father raised Jesus (Acts 2:24, 32; 3:15, 26; 4:10; 5:30; 10:40; 13:30, 33, 34, 37).
  • God raised Him up again (Rom. 4:24; 6:4[through the glory of the Father]); 10:9; 1 Cor. 6:14; Gal. 1:1; Col. 2:12).
  • The Holy Spirit is somehow involved in the resurrection of Jesus:
    Romans 8:11 “But if the Spirit of Him who raised…”
    Romans 1:4 “who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord,…”
  • The Son Himself lays down His life and takes it up again — John 10:17-18

The Father in me that I AM.

Exodus 3:14 I AM that I AM, nuk pu nuk, ahmi yat ahmi, tat tvam asi, ahea ashur ahea

Malachi 2:10

Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?

Jeremiah 21:24

Who can hide in secret places so that I cannot see them?" declares the LORD. "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the LORD.

Colossians 3:11

Here there is no Gentile or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.

Last edited:

lostwanderingsoul

The spirit of the Father. That is what is sometimes called the "Holy Spirit". But this shows that this "Holy Spirit" is not a third "person in some imagined trinity but is the spirit or power of the Father. This spirit of the Father can also join with a human spirit in a person to create a new creature.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
There is the God Most high (CPU, El Elyon), the manifestor of reality, and then there are Elohim...

Yeshua/Yah-Avah Elohim is a representation of the Divine, as it is without form. :innocent:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I say.......we stand from the carcass in that last hour, after the last breath
we do so if we are able
if not...we follow the body into the box, into the grave, into eternal darkness

I do not believe in resurrection of the body
we become as angels ...if we are allowed to continue

allfoak

Alchemist

The Spirit is in all of us.
In some it is inoperable because it is not in use.
It is the same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead.
Or did Jesus raise himself from the dead?
It is both.
Through the fulfillment of the law he became one with the Spirit and thus one with the Father.
This is the the Great Work of alchemy, the transmutation of the body into spirit.
The Magnum Opus.

"Those who say they will die first and then rise are in error.
If they do not first receive the resurrection while they live, when they die they will receive nothing.
So also when speaking about baptism they say, "Baptism is a great thing," because if people receive it they will live".
The Gospel of Philip

rusra02

Premium Member

No, the Bible teaches that God resurrected Jesus. "God resurrected this Jesus, and of this we are all witnesses." (Acts 2:32) It is clear to me that Jesus was raised from the dead by God, giving the lie to the trinity doctrine.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I say.......we stand from the carcass in that last hour, after the last breath
we do so if we are able
if not...we follow the body into the box, into the grave, into eternal darkness
I do not believe in resurrection of the body
we become as angels ...if we are allowed to continue

To me, if there is No resurrection of the body, then what did the people who Jesus' resurrected have.
ALL of Jesus' resurrections were dead people brought back to happy-and-healthy physical life on Earth.
ALL of the old Hebrew Scripture resurrections were also healthy physical resurrections in physical bodies.
Christian worship would be in vain without believing in the resurrection - 1 Corinthians 15:13-15

There is No Scriptural teaching that any humans turn into angels ( heaven is already full of angels ),
but Scripture does teach some people will be resurrected as: saints or holy ones - Daniel 7:18,27
Those saints or holy ones continue in the heavens as saints or holy ones never as angels - Revelation 20:6
Because of a physical resurrection the majority of mankind can continue as healthy humans right here on Earth forever.

Besides having a ' last hour ' before death, there is also a figurative ' last hour ' coming at the soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37. It is the ' last hour ', so to speak, for wickedness on Earth when Jesus will judge who is righteous, and the righteous can continue to stay alive on Earth, continue to live on Earth right into the start of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth begins.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

After God breathed the breath of life into lifeless Adam, then Adam had the spirit of life, or life's spirit.
As a blown-out light bulb goes out, at Adam's death the spark of life ( life's spirit ) died out.
Because we are innocent of what Adam deliberately did, we can have a resurrection - Revelation 1:18
So, except for those committing the unforgivable sin - Matthew 12:32; Hebrews 6:4-6, the Son of Man will raise all.
ALL who are part of the MANY as mentioned at Matthew 20:28.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No, the Bible teaches that God resurrected Jesus. "God resurrected this Jesus, and of this we are all witnesses." (Acts 2:32) It is clear to me that Jesus was raised from the dead by God, giving the lie to the trinity doctrine.

Love uplifts everything, magnifies everything, enlightens everything.

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
After God breathed the breath of life into lifeless Adam, then Adam had the spirit of life, or life's spirit.
As a blown-out light bulb goes out, at Adam's death the spark of life ( life's spirit ) died out.
Because we are innocent of what Adam deliberately did, we can have a resurrection - Revelation 1:18
So, except for those committing the unforgivable sin - Matthew 12:32; Hebrews 6:4-6, the Son of Man will raise all.
ALL who are part of the MANY as mentioned at Matthew 20:28.

Love Divine, the Holy of Holies

But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
John 10:18

No one does take it from me, but I lay it down of myself; authority I have to lay it down, and authority I have again to take it; this command I received from my Father.

--
The Son acts according to the Father.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
To me, if there is No resurrection of the body, then what did the people who Jesus' resurrected have.
ALL of Jesus' resurrections were dead people brought back to happy-and-healthy physical life on Earth.
ALL of the old Hebrew Scripture resurrections were also healthy physical resurrections in physical bodies.
Christian worship would be in vain without believing in the resurrection - 1 Corinthians 15:13-15

There is No Scriptural teaching that any humans turn into angels ( heaven is already full of angels ),
but Scripture does teach some people will be resurrected as: saints or holy ones - Daniel 7:18,27
Those saints or holy ones continue in the heavens as saints or holy ones never as angels - Revelation 20:6
Because of a physical resurrection the majority of mankind can continue as healthy humans right here on Earth forever.

Besides having a ' last hour ' before death, there is also a figurative ' last hour ' coming at the soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37. It is the ' last hour ', so to speak, for wickedness on Earth when Jesus will judge who is righteous, and the righteous can continue to stay alive on Earth, continue to live on Earth right into the start of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth begins.
consider Lazarus more carefully

he wakes up in a grave...bound in cloth
his people unwrap him and set him loose

but you can be sure....no one of that community looked at him the same way

sitting at mealtime may have been spooky

and no doubt his wife had to wonder....more than most

even more so....he knew he was going back

Reverend Real

The real question is was Jesus risen at all? The bible clearly tells us that Jesus was crucified on a Friday (Good Friday) and was to rise three days later (Monday). However, on Sunday when his mother went to prepare the body, it was gone. The people search everywhere for Jesus until a stranger who looked nothing like Jesus claim to be Jesus. Was this stranger Jesus even if he did have the body of Jesus or was he someone else? Remember that the stranger told the people to Pick up the Serpent and Drink all Deadly things. Tell me does that sound like Jesus to you. To learn more... stjames123blog

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
consider Lazarus more carefully
he wakes up in a grave...bound in cloth
his people unwrap him and set him loose
but you can be sure....no one of that community looked at him the same way
sitting at mealtime may have been spooky
and no doubt his wife had to wonder....more than most
even more so....he knew he was going back

ALL of Jesus' resurrections were back to healthy physical life, Not zombie life.
Starting from the day of Jesus' resurrecting his friend, his enemies plotted to kill his friend - John 11:53; John 12:10
Since there is No mention of friend Lazarus at Jesus' death, apparently they already succeeded in murdering him.
That does Not take away from a future physical resurrection hope - John 3:13
That is why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....
Going to happen, to me, during Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth.
Lazarus will once again have a perfectly healthy physical resurrection at that time, with the opportunity to live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The real question is was Jesus risen at all? The bible clearly tells us that Jesus was crucified on a Friday (Good Friday) and was to rise three days later (Monday). However, on Sunday when his mother went to prepare the body, it was gone. The people search everywhere for Jesus until a stranger who looked nothing like Jesus claim to be Jesus. Was this stranger Jesus even if he did have the body of Jesus or was he someone else? Remember that the stranger told the people to Pick up the Serpent and Drink all Deadly things. Tell me does that sound like Jesus to you. To learn more... stjames123blog

No, absolutely Not. To me, Mark chapter 16 ends at verse 8.
After verse 8 are spurious verses because after verse 8 the style of writing changes.
There are No corresponding cross-reference verses or passages as there is with the rest of Mark.
Both Jerome and Eusebius taught Mark 16 ended at verse 8.
KJV added those spurious verses in the KJV translation.

Three days as in parts of three days: Friday (Nisan 14th) before sunset, all of Saturday, and part of Sunday.

Before God sent the heavenly pre-human Jesus to Earth Jesus had: a heavenly spirit body.
So, when God resurrected Jesus, then Jesus was resurrected back in his: heavenly spirit body.
That is why Jesus used several different materialized bodies after his resurrection to reveal himself to his followers.
To learn more... read the Bible as did the people of Acts of the Apostles 17:11 to see if what one is learning in really what the Bible really teaches, instead of false clergy teachings about the Bible. - Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
do not call anyone on earth Father because you have ONE Father in heaven.

"father" as in using the word ' father ' as a title such as mentioned at Matthew 23:7-10
So, it is proper to call one's biological father (life giver) as father, but Not to call ' father ' as a religious head title.