• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Spider in the Bathtub

You find a spider in your bathtub. What do you do?

• I turn the water on and wash it down the drain.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I kill it and put it in the trash.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I scoop it up, take it out, and set it free.

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Nothing.

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
The poll question is self explanatory.

Feel free to explain your answer.

No baths but showers and they attract spiders in autumn and early winter. Maybe they are trying to get out of the damp weather... Not too bright if they head for the shower.
But, i guess there is as much life in them as there is is any living thing (except flies) so i scoop it up in a glass and put it outside away from the cats

Yerda

Veteran Member

I picked a baby house spider out of the bath no more than an hour ago. I usually put them out the back garden but I'd had a bit of a chat with this one (seriously, I was talking at a spider) and I couldn't bring myself to put it outside in the cold. It's scurrying about the building somwehere.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Spiders in the UK are quite harmless - and beneficial, in that they trap and eat flies. So I'm not afraid of them. When I find one in the bath I first open a window, then cup the spider in my hands and pop it out of the window.

I do the same with queen wasps, which have a habit of trying to hibernate in my curtains at the end of autumn. But I use a jam jar with a card underneath to trap them, rather than my hands, even though they are so dozy that I don't think they would sting me. In fact I did once pick one up between finger and thumb by mistake, thinking a bolt had fallen out of the curtain rail.....until I found it was soft and buzzed a bit.......JESUS!!!!.....

Yerda

Veteran Member
Spiders in the UK are quite harmless - and beneficial, in that they trap and eat flies. So I'm not afraid of them. When I find one in the bath I first open a window, then cup the spider in my hands and pop it out of the window.

I do the same with queen wasps, which have a habit of trying to hibernate in my curtains at the end of autumn. But I use a jam jar with a card underneath to trap them, rather than my hands, even though they are so dozy that I don't think they would sting me. In fact I did once pick one up between finger and thumb by mistake, thinking a bolt had fallen out of the curtain rail.....until I found it was soft and buzzed a bit.......JESUS!!!!.....
You should have taken its crown and made yourself queen of all wasps, you fool.

Heyo

Veteran Member

I'd do nothing except when I want to take a bath (or use the tub for something else). Then I'd relocate it to the window sill (probably a better hunting ground).

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
In truth, I like fly spiders, so I leave them be. Also sometimes I'll leave wolf spiders alone, provided they are not near my bed. At night they can bite.

I'm very careful. I sleep in a sleeping bag, specifically because I do not wish spiders to accidentally get caught in my bedding and bite me. Spiders are not toys.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
In truth, I like fly spiders, so I leave them be. Also sometimes I'll leave wolf spiders alone, provided they are not near my bed. At night they can bite.

I'm very careful. I sleep in a sleeping bag, specifically because I do not wish spiders to accidentally get caught in my bedding and bite me. Spiders are not toys.
Have you ever seen a YouTube where I am holding spiders?