• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Spider in the Bathtub

You find a spider in your bathtub. What do you do?

• I turn the water on and wash it down the drain.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I kill it and put it in the trash.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I scoop it up, take it out, and set it free.

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Nothing.

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah, but what if it's poisonous?
Poisonous spiders are fleetingly rare in Britain, but if it were I'd leave whatever it was I needed to do or do it some other way until the spider moved. If I really needed the shower (we have only a shower, no bath) then I'd try scooping it up on something else.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
@Harel13 @Martin

An old word for spider in English is 'attercoppe', literally meaning 'poison head'. I love it lol.

I bought an old sailing boat which had been lying outside under a cover for years. When I took off the cover there was a large grass snake, which fortunately beat a hasty retreat. They're not poisonous, but I hadn't been that close to a snake before. Afterwards I felt a bit guilty I'd made it homeless.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I bought an old sailing boat which had been lying outside under a cover for years. When I took off the cover there was a large grass snake, which fortunately beat a hasty retreat. They're not poisonous, but I hadn't been that close to a snake before. Afterwards I felt a bit guilty I'd made it homeless.
I also like snakes. I don't think it would have minded needing to find a new home so much :) :snake:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I once had this spider in my room I hadn't seen for a while and I missed him; then one night I was in bed and felt something on my face, so as a reaction I sat up and put the light on, then saw the spider on the ground having fallen or run off the bed. I was all, 'THERE YOU ARE!!'

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Gtwake+up+gtgo+to+bathroom+gtget+_9a4820a77896ee896084cc1fb04e24a1.jpg

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Depends. I usually ignore it. The cats will attend to it.

Unless its a yellow sac. They are mildly venomous, and cause skin decay if one is bitten by them; my husband has two craters in his face from being bitten by yellow sacs when he was sleeping.

Then I call him to deal with it, as he has a personal vendetta against them.