• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Song of Solomon, Chapter 5, Verse 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
when you consider that the Arabic language had to create a letter to explain the Chet in Hebrew, it makes one wonder who's language is reaching

Tarheeler yes this is life u live and learn more and work harder life to me is to worship god and learn and work till u succeed we were created to worship him only him and none other ''Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD'' not 3 in one he also didnt say your he said our proving the verse from quran that explains that he only said what god told him to which clearly means my god and your god from Jhon anyway back to the topic i see it mohamad as clear as the sun why cant u i just hope u can see it by now if not tell me why??

and Rakhel Arabic wasn't made up by the prophet it was made more than 1500 years ago (don't know the exact date) but way before the prophet and knowing that Both are Semitic languages and that they have common roots explains the similarity and they are not the only 2 languages with similarities like the american English and the British or the french and English or even the Japanese is divided into many languages with many pronunciations and shape of the letters

now for the most important question do u believe now that that word is Mohamadim ? its all now a matter of believing that's all i hope u can if u cant then tell me why
P.S: my apologies if i take a long time to answer ant thanks for your patience

dantech

Tarheeler yes this is life u live and learn more and work harder life to me is to worship god and learn and work till u succeed we were created to worship him only him and none other ''Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD'' not 3 in one he also didnt say your he said our proving the verse from quran that explains that he only said what god told him to which clearly means my god and your god from Jhon anyway back to the topic i see it mohamad as clear as the sun why cant u i just hope u can see it by now if not tell me why??

and Rakhel Arabic wasn't made up by the prophet it was made more than 1500 years ago (don't know the exact date) but way before the prophet and knowing that Both are Semitic languages and that they have common roots explains the similarity and they are not the only 2 languages with similarities like the american English and the British or the french and English or even the Japanese is divided into many languages with many pronunciations and shape of the letters

now for the most important question do u believe now that that word is Mohamadim ? its all now a matter of believing that's all i hope u can if u cant then tell me why
P.S: my apologies if i take a long time to answer ant thanks for your patience

I don't know where you are getting your sources from, but the Hebrew language varies from the biblical Hebrew only in meanings of words and in structure. The pronunciation had remained the same...

You are perhaps listening to Ashkenazi Jews reading it. The Ashkenazi community have a different dialect and letter sounds that sound closer to German than it does Hebrew.

Sefaradic Jews, especially Moroccans, have kept the original pronunciation and you will see a clear difference in the way they read it, and the way you want them to read it..

Also, don't Muslims think that Jewish Torah has been modified and is not the original one? If that was the case, why would they keep the name of your prophet, while publicly rejecting him, in their bible. Wouldn't they have changed that word as well? According to your beliefs, they would have. Only problem is, that's not your prophet the bible is talking about.

Imdadul

According to me, i think-
Jesus(pbuh) is the son of God, christians believe it. Now the question is, who is the God of the Son? What is His name? Answer will come out as "Father", "Heavenly Father" and so on. Okay let us assume "Father" is God, then here comes another question, did anybody see Father? How he looks like? I think no body has an image of "Heavenly Father."
Now, muslims too don't have any image of Allah(swt).
Ultimately we are worshiping same GOD. Muhammad(pbuh), Jesus(pbuh) are all sources through which we humankind came to know about GOD.
If my views hurt anybody, please forgive me in the name of ALLAH(swt).

Tumah

Veteran Member
I think this thread was meant to be a joke against Islam, Farrukh.
I don't think anyone really is going to confuse, "MaḤaMuDIM" with "Muḥammad".

There was only one Muḥammad.
MaḤaMuDIM is a plural of the root "ḤMD" which means "desire".

Sometimes people make sarcastic threads. Just ignore them.

Farrukh

I think this thread was meant to be a joke against Islam, Farrukh.
I don't think anyone really is going to confuse, "MaḤaMuDIM" with "Muḥammad".

There was only one Muḥammad.
MaḤaMuDIM is a plural of the root "ḤMD" which means "desire".

Sometimes people make sarcastic threads. Just ignore them.

:D
Whatever you say, it has nothing to do with my belief and faith, we strongly believe in Muhammad (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) as last and final prophet, this thread was for bringing in Jew's notice that Muhammad (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) was mentioned in previous Holy Books.
For you is your religion, and for me is my religion. (Quran 109:6)

Tumah

Veteran Member
:D
Whatever you say, it has nothing to do with my belief and faith, we strongly believe in Muhammad (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) as last and final prophet, this thread was for bringing in Jew's notice that Muhammad (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) was mentioned in previous Holy Books.
For you is your religion, and for me is my religion. (Quran 109:6)

I don't have any problem with Islam. You guys can believe whatever you like.

I was just saying that this thread was obviously meant as a joke. In your previous post it seemed like you took it seriously.

Tumah

Veteran Member
No Tumah it wasnt meant as a joke.

Quite sad isnt it?

I'm sure you're wrong. People aren't that ridiculous. I mean there was the youtube video which sought to prove the Islam by virtue of the fact that the lines on the palm of the right hand look like the Arabic number 18 which is the Hebrew gematria for life...but surely he was the exception to the rule.

CMike

Nice try but no cigar.

Shir Hashirim - Chapter 5 - Tanakh Online - Torah - Bible

16. His palate is sweet, and he is altogether desirable; this is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem." טז. חִכּוֹ מַמְתַקִּים וְכֻלּוֹ מַחֲמַדִּים זֶה דוֹדִי וְזֶה רֵעִי בְּנוֹת יְרוּשָׁלָ ִם:

It's referring to G-D.

Below is the rashi commentary on it.

His palate is sweet: His words are pleasant.

this is my beloved: This is the likeness of my beloved, and this is the likeness of my friend, and because of all these things I have become ill for his love. The allegorical meaning, symbolizing the Holy One, blessed be He, is as follows:

[10] My beloved is white: to whiten my iniquities. Clear and white; when He appeared at Sinai, He appeared as an old man, teaching instructions, and so, when He sits in judgment (Dan. 7:9): “His garment was like white snow, and the hair of His head was like clean wool.”

and ruddy: to exact retribution upon His enemies, as it is stated (Isa. 63.2): “Why is Your clothing red?”

surrounded by myriads: Many armies encompass Him.

[11] His head is as the finest gold: The beginning of His words shone like finest gold, and so Scripture says (Ps. 119: 130): “The commencement of Your words enlightens.” The commencement of, “I am the Lord your God” showed them first that He has the right of sovereignty over them, and He then issued His decrees upon them.

his locks are curled: Heb. קְוֻצוֹתָיו תַּלְתַּלִים. Upon every point (קוֹץ וָקוֹץ) [of the letters of the Sepher Torah] were heaps of heaps (תִּלֵי תִּלִים) of halachoth.

black as a raven: because it was written before Him in black fire on white fire. Another explanation: His locks were curled when He appeared on the sea, appearing like a young man mightily waging war.

[12] His eyes are like doves beside rivulets of water: Like doves, whose eyes look toward their dovecotes, so are His eyes on the synagogues and study halls, for there are the sources of Torah, which is compared to water.

bathing in milk: When they look into the judgment, they clarify the law in its true light, to justify the just, to give him what he deserves, and to condemn the guilty, to repay his [evil] way upon his head.

fitly set: on the fullness of the world. They wander over the entire earth, gazing upon good and evil. Another explanation: Torah scholars, whom the Holy One, blessed be He, makes as eyes to illuminate the world, just as the eyes illuminate for man; like doves that wander from dovecote to dovecote to seek their food, so do they go from the study hall of one sage to the study hall of another sage, to seek the explanations of the Torah.

by rivulets of water: in the study halls, which are the sources of the water of Torah.

bathing in milk: Since he calls them eyes, and the eye (עַיִן) is a feminine noun, bathing (רוֹחֲצוֹת) is in the feminine conjugation. They cleanse themselves with the milk of Torah and whiten (clarify) its mysteries and enigmas.

fitly set: They resolve the matters appropriately. Another explanation: His eyes עֵינָיו, [like] עִנְיָנָיו His topics. The sections of the Torah, the halachoth, and the Mishnayoth are like doves which are comely in their walk beside the rivulets of water, [i.e.,] in the study halls; bathing in milk, made clear as milk, as I have explained.

[13] His jaws: the commandments of Mount Sinai, for He showed them a friendly and smiling countenance.

his lips are like roses: the commandments (lit. statements) that He spoke in the Tent of Meeting, which are for appeasement and for atonement and for a pleasant fragrance: the law of the sin offering, the guilt offering, the meal offering, the burnt offering, and the peace offering.

[14] His hands: the Tablets, which He gave with His right hand, which are the work of His hands.

wheels of gold: These are the commandments, about which it is said (Ps. 19:11): “They are to be desired more than gold, yea more than much fine gold.” Said Rabbi Joshua the son of Nehemiah: They were made miraculously. They were of sapphire, yet they could be rolled (Song Rabbah, Tanch. Ki Thissa 26). Another explanation: because they bring about (lit. roll) much good to the world.

set with chrysolite: He included the 613 commandments in the Decalogue.

his abdomen is [as] a block of ivory: This is the Priestly Code (Leviticus), placed in the center of the Five Books of the Pentateuch, like the intestines, which are set in the middle of the body.

[as] a block of ivory, overlaid with sapphires: It appears as smooth as a block of ivory, and is set with many details [derived from] similar wordings, general principles, and inferences from minor to major.

[15] founded upon sockets of fine gold: Said Rabbi Eleazar Hakkappar: This pillar has a capitol above and a base below. Said Rabbi Samuel the son of Gadda: The sections of the Torah have a capitol above and a base below, and they are juxtaposed before them and after them, e.g., the sections of the Sabbatical year and the Jubilee year, [are juxtaposed to] (Lev. 25:14): “And if you transact a sale,” to teach you how severe the dust (i.e., a minor infraction) of the Sabbatical Year is, as appears in Tractates Bava Metzia and Arachin (30b). Also, like (Num. 27: 16): “May the Lord… appoint a man over the congregation,” and (ibid. 29:2): “Command… My sacrifice, My bread.” Before you command Me about My children, command them about Me (Sifrei Num. 27:23), and similarly, many [such instances]. Therefore, it is stated: “His legs are [as] pillars of marble, founded, etc.”

his appearance is like the Lebanon: One who reflects and ponders over His words finds in them blossoms and sprouts, like a forest which blooms. So are the words of Torah-whoever meditates over them constantly finds new explanations in them.

chosen: Heb. בָּחוּר, chosen as the cedars, which are chosen for building and for strength and height.

[16] His palate is sweet: His words are pleasant, e.g. (Lev. 19:28): “And you shall not make a wound in your flesh for one who has died… I am the Lord,” faithful to pay reward. Is there a palate sweeter than this? Do not wound yourselves, and you will receive reward. (Ezek. 33:19): “And when a wicked man repents of his wickedness and performs justice and righteousness, he shall live because of them.” Iniquities are accounted to him as merits. Is there a palate sweeter than this?

Flankerl

I'm sure you're wrong. People aren't that ridiculous. I mean there was the youtube video which sought to prove the Islam by virtue of the fact that the lines on the palm of the right hand look like the Arabic number 18 which is the Hebrew gematria for life...but surely he was the exception to the rule.

You are cute.

dantech

That's it? My name is found, in my opinion, in one of God's names (Alef, Dalet, Nun, and Yod) I'm right in the center of it. I must be a prophet and am clearly the center of God's universe.

CMike

That's it? My name is found, in my opinion, in one of God's names (Alef, Dalet, Nun, and Yod) I'm right in the center of it. I must be a prophet and am clearly the center of God's universe.

I knew it all the time. :yes:

You are also the judge, that's what your name means.

Tumah

Veteran Member

You are also a fulfillment of Gen. 49:16. Jacob prophesied about how judgmental you would be.

Flankerl

So the first prophet after some two thousand years hails from Canada.

Well this is going to be weird.

dantech

My first prophecy:
The Jews will clean their houses this week, more than on any other given week.

Status
Not open for further replies.