• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Song of Solomon, Chapter 5, Verse 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there's a problem...

If Cordoba is correct, then Muhammad's name is NOT spelled מחמד, it is spelled מהמד.

Which means you're wrong.

Hi, get any Jewish rebai (or monk coz i dont know how it is correctly spelled make him read u the verse that contains and he is altogether lovely u will find him saying Mohamadim

Poisonshady313

alone or as letters?
I have a really hard time believing that my question wasn't clear enough.

So I'm going to let you try again.

but u still didnt answer my questions why?
You didn't ask me any questions.

You told me to ask a rabbi how to pronounce the word in that verse. I hang out with lots of Rabbis. Plus, I know how to read/pronounce Hebrew.

The question is, Do you know the difference between ח and ה?

Do you know how each letter sounds?
Are you aware that they are different letters and that they have different sounds?
Are you aware that one of the words uses one letter, and the other uses the other?
Do you understand that things that are different are not the same?

I have a really hard time believing that my question wasn't clear enough.

So I'm going to let you try again.

You didn't ask me any questions.

You told me to ask a rabbi how to pronounce the word in that verse. I hang out with lots of Rabbis. Plus, I know how to read/pronounce Hebrew.

The question is, Do you know the difference between ח and ה?

Do you know how each letter sounds?
Are you aware that they are different letters and that they have different sounds?
Are you aware that one of the words uses one letter, and the other uses the other?
Do you understand that things that are different are not the same?

i know that there is a difference and i know that each one has a certain sound u may know better coz beacuse ur Jewish

1-u said u knew Hebrew how to pronounce that ?
2-i might not know hebrew but i know how to hear i heard a rabbi reading it
3-excuse me on the question part but let me ask u these questions
(jesus never claimed divinity he said my father and ur father my god and ur god) why do people follow him while he said that on the day of judgment he will leave them ""Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?''' what is his answer ?? (Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!') that is his answer why would lots of people follow him if he will throw them away?????

4-u should know as a jew that the jews crucified jesus(u say so) right?
why didnt they believe in him and his message??what was it that he did wrong? do deserve that?
if any religion is right i think it will be the one spreading correct ?? why isnt it Judaism or Christianity?
5 - try to get one of those rabbis u hang out with and tell him to read that verse without telling him a reason because i heard one he clearly say Mohamadim i wish i could like show u a link maybe next time (i will search for it)

last thing- mohamadim is written with this ח not ה this makes a huge difference in the pronunciation 2 letters 2 different names

p.s : try to read what i am saying with an open mind (so will i) coz i can sense that my way of presenting isnt that good but i think i have a point

Last edited:

Poisonshady313

i know that there is a difference and i know that each one has a certain sound u may know better coz beacuse ur Jewish

1-u said u knew Hebrew how to pronounce that ?
Yes

2-i might not know hebrew but i know how to hear i heard a rabbi reading it
Did you also hear a Rabbi saying Muhammad's name? Did he say his name with a ח sound or a ה sound?

In this very thread, it has been made clear that his name is said with a ה sound.

So if you can acknowledge that there is a difference, then you have to acknowledge that the bible verse and the name Muhammad's name have nothing to do with each other.

3-excuse me on the question part but let me ask u these questions
(jesus never claimed divinity he said my father and ur father my god and ur god) why do people follow him while he said that on the day of judgment he will leave them ""Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?''' what is his answer ?? (Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!') that is his answer why would lots of people follow him if he will throw them away?????
I'm not a Christian. I don't follow Jesus. Try asking someone else.

4-u should know as a jew that the jews crucified jesus(u say so) right?
Wrong.
why didnt they believe in him and his message??
That's probably more complicated than I can explain in a quick answer... but basically, he was teaching things that were contrary to the Torah.

if any religion is right i think it will be the one spreading correct ?? why isnt it Judaism or Christianity?
Numbers have absolutely nothing to do with right or wrong.

5 - try to get one of those rabbis u hang out with and tell him to read that verse without telling him a reason because i heard one he clearly say Mohamadim i wish i could like show u a link maybe next time (i will search for it)

last thing- mohamadim is written with this ח not ה this makes a huge difference in the pronunciation 2 letters 2 different names

If Mohamadim is written with a ח and Mohammad's name, in Hebrew, is written with a ה then perhaps you can acknowledge that what you said earlier in this thread is wrong.

Yes

Did you also hear a Rabbi saying Muhammad's name? Did he say his name with a ח sound or a ה sound?

In this very thread, it has been made clear that his name is said with a ה sound.

So if you can acknowledge that there is a difference, then you have to acknowledge that the bible verse and the name Muhammad's name have nothing to do with each other.

I'm not a Christian. I don't follow Jesus. Try asking someone else.

Wrong.
That's probably more complicated than I can explain in a quick answer... but basically, he was teaching things that were contrary to the Torah.

Numbers have absolutely nothing to do with right or wrong.

If Mohamadim is written with a ח and Mohammad's name, in Hebrew, is written with a ה then perhaps you can acknowledge that what you said earlier in this thread is wrong.

1- yes what u know then plz tell us (plz take a look at the image posted in page 5)

2- hear this ( ://media.snunit.k12.il/kodeshm/mp3/t3005.mp3 )and be the judge (add http at the beginning coz i cant put a url )

3-ok

4- then please correct me (i might have miss understood because i saw a rabbi saying that so how is that??? please do tell me

5- can u please point to where i said mohmadim with the ה
coz i cant find it except where i quoted from u so i might have quoted without checking

and by the way numbers have everything to do with it
because (if i tell u that there are a couple of wood logs and 100 persons say that there are 50 but 2 say that they are only 49) who would u believe ???

Poisonshady313

1- yes what u know then plz tell us (plz take a look at the image posted in page 5)

2- hear this ( ://media.snunit.k12.il/kodeshm/mp3/t3005.mp3 )and be the judge (add http at the beginning coz i cant put a url )

3-ok

4- then please correct me (i might have miss understood because i saw a rabbi saying that so how is that??? please do tell me

5- can u please point to where i said mohmadim with the ה
coz i cant find it except where i quoted from u so i might have quoted without checking

I don't know why you're having such a hard time understanding what I'm saying. I'm trying to be as clear as possible.

The name of the prophet of Islam is spelled, in Hebrew, with the letter ה.

The name of the prophet of Islam is NOT spelled מחמד,

It is spelled מהמד.

and by the way numbers have everything to do with it
because (if i tell u that there are a couple of wood logs and 100 persons say that there are 50 but 2 say that they are only 49) who would u believe ???

This just means you're extremely gullible. 100 persons could be wrong. I wouldn't believe a certain group of people just because there are more of them.

I don't know why you're having such a hard time understanding what I'm saying. I'm trying to be as clear as possible.

The name of the prophet of Islam is spelled, in Hebrew, with the letter ה.

The name of the prophet of Islam is NOT spelled מחמד,

It is spelled מהמד.

This just means you're extremely gullible. 100 persons could be wrong. I wouldn't believe a certain group of people just because there are more of them.

not quite it is written ח not ה it seems odd coz i see the translation 3 translation sites محمد =מוחמד so how do u say its not it? (they have the same pronunciation did u listen to the link?)

though where did that ו though they have the same pronunciation ?

and believing the majority is just normal if u cant see for yourself try asking that question to any one he would answer that the majority is right and the rest might have made a mistake while counting

and lets just agree that ה is not in the name and it is not in the verse

p.s : plz listen to the link (the last 10 sec ) coz any one can clearly hear the name coz u cant make plural or respect a state of a person can u?? its like the french word vous when speaking to someone u want to praise him u say vous insted of tu even in arabic حضرتكم instead of انت so u cant praise something ( something that describes some one can u?)

in all the sites its all written with the ח and where does it say the name with ה not the n show me if u can plz or show me the link plz

Last edited:

Poisonshady313

not quite it is written ח not ה it seems odd coz i see the translation 3 translation sites محمد =מוחמד so how do u say its not it? (they have the same pronunciation did u listen to the link?)

though where did that ו though they have the same pronunciation ?

and believing the majority is just normal if u cant see for yourself try asking that question to any one he would answer that the majority is right and the rest might have made a mistake while counting

and lets just agree that ה is not in the name and it is not in the verse

p.s : plz listen to the link (the last 10 sec ) coz any one can clearly hear the name coz u cant make plural or respect a state of a person can u?? its like the french word vous when speaking to someone u want to praise him u say vous insted of tu even in arabic حضرتكم instead of انت so u cant praise something ( something that describes some one can u?)

in all the sites its all written with the ח and where does it say the name with ה not the n show me if u can plz or show me the link plz

I'm not talking about the biblical verse.

I'm talking about the name of the prophet of Islam. As you speak it.

On page one, someone asked the question:

Does Muhammad's name have the "ch" (sort of like Bach, not like church) sound in it? (I think that sound exists in Arabic, yes?)

And the answer to that question was:

That sound "ch" exists in Arabic, but not in the name of the prophet, peace be upon him.

So.... if the CH sound exists in the Song of Solomon verse, but not in the name of the prophet, then the words are two different words.

Understand?

I'm not talking about the biblical verse.

I'm talking about the name of the prophet of Islam. As you speak it.

On page one, someone asked the question:

Does Muhammad's name have the "ch" (sort of like Bach, not like church) sound in it? (I think that sound exists in Arabic, yes?)

And the answer to that question was:

That sound "ch" exists in Arabic, but not in the name of the prophet, peace be upon him.

So.... if the CH sound exists in the Song of Solomon verse, but not in the name of the prophet, then the words are two different words.

Understand?

1- the sound (ch) does not exist in the prophets name

2-yes it does exist in arabic as the letter it is pronounced ش(sheen)

3-where in the verse does the sound (ch) exist in the verse plz check the link that i posted #67

4-and the (ch) letter exists in hebrew as i will try to describe it as much as i can (3 sticks 2 of them are coming from the 3rd and they are pointing at 1 o'clock while the 3rd at 11 ) sorry if i cant explain it well enough any way its not in the name or in the word

glass

Learner of Truth
Let's assume that 'altogether lovely' is a cognate (sounds the same) as the name of your prophet 'Muhammad' what does that tell you? Does it confirm any belief in the Islamic faith?

Let's assume that 'altogether lovely' is a cognate (sounds the same) as the name of your prophet 'Muhammad' what does that tell you? Does it confirm any belief in the Islamic faith?

actually yes because we believe that the name of the prophet is mentioned in the bible when lots of Christians dont believe so

plz tell me did u hear it ? my link? and what did u think? does the rabbi say the name or not?

glass

Learner of Truth
actually yes because we believe that the name of the prophet is mentioned in the bible when lots of Christians dont believe so

plz tell me did u hear it ? my link? and what did u think? does the rabbi say the name or not?

You did not answer my question. :)

You did not answer my question. :)

u asked me if it does confirm any Islamic beliefs and the answer was yes

and what it tells me is that mohamad PBH is really a messenger from god and that he is mentioned in the bible therefore or at least as i can see it i should follow his teachings and praise one god

and as i said before that some Christians don't believe that his name is in the bible

and proves that some of the bibels have been tamperd with for translating names for example if a mans name is MR brown i cant translate the name to be brown (as a color) can i ?

p.s : plz answer me previous questions as i have answered yours

Rakhel

Okay. simple hebrew lesson.

Hebrew has several letters that can sound the same, and even on the occasion look the same. ה ,ח ,כ, all have an English "H" sound within the letter. Two of them, כ, and ח, have a "C" sound that accompanies the "H" sound. So that instead of an "H" as in "Hey" you get a "ch" sound as in Bach or the "k" sound in Kill.

It is very much like the ס, or the שֹ. They both have an English "ssss" sound as in Snake. Or like the letters ט and ת. These two have the "t" sound

When place within words, these letters can sound like other letters, making it kind of hard to determine the actual letter being used by the average non-Hebrew speaker.

So that מחמד can sound like מהמד. However, upon closer inspection you see that the two words are not the same, either in spelling or meaning.

Okay. simple hebrew lesson.

Hebrew has several letters that can sound the same, and even on the occasion look the same. ה ,ח ,כ, all have an English "H" sound within the letter. Two of them, כ, and ח, have a "C" sound that accompanies the "H" sound. So that instead of an "H" as in "Hey" you get a "ch" sound as in Bach or the "k" sound in Kill.

It is very much like the ס, or the שֹ. They both have an English "ssss" sound as in Snake. Or like the letters ט and ת. These two have the "t" sound

When place within words, these letters can sound like other letters, making it kind of hard to determine the actual letter being used by the average non-Hebrew speaker.

So that מחמד can sound like מהמד. However, upon closer inspection you see that the two words are not the same, either in spelling or meaning.

But it's written מחמד so it makes mohammadim sound nothing else listen to my link :)

Rakhel

I know you want this to be. And I am sorry that it isn't. But if you fail to listen, or pay attention to what is being said, then I can't help you.

I know you want this to be. And I am sorry that it isn't. But if you fail to listen, or pay attention to what is being said, then I can't help you.

actually i am listening but what u are saying just proves my point and ur way of getting out of this conversation is not very nice i can say that to u too you know so plz stop cutting this conversation we are here to debit and prove our points of view if u dont like what u see from me stop reading what i am writing right now plz coz i dont want u to think that this is what i need or want this is what i see right i am trying to explain my point i repeat if u dont want to hear me or see things from my perspective stop reading

i try to bring u what i see right if u dont like that its ur problem (or tell that to the people who made this web site )

i told u to check my link if the rabbi read it wrong tell any rabbi to read it it is going to be Mohammadim the mere fact that u deny its pronunciation is annoying me (how can all the rabbi read Hebrew wrong )??????

and u havent been talking to me for a time long enough to convince me (some people take months to see the light mine or yours) if u dont want to make ur point clear thank you and stop replying let other do it but if u want to continue ur more than welcome any time

Flankerl

"Those jews changed their holy books and therefore changed the word of Allah!"
"Except of course those small parts we agree with! Even though it would have made more sense to change those! BUT NEVERMIND!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.